What's the oldest games console you play regularly?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Archangel Sabre, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Not the oldest games, just the oldest console.

Aside from some recent nostalgia filled bouts of Goldeneye on the N64, I'm pretty sure the oldest console I play regularly would be either my GBA SP or PS2. It really astounds me to think of just how old the PS2 is, now. The PS2 is older now than the SNES was when it first came out. That's just a total mindfuck to me, somehow.

So yeah, what's the oldest console that gets a lot of your attention?
  2. Venom Well-Known Member

Well, recently I've had everything but my PS3, 360, and Wii packed up because I'm trying to sell my house, but before that it was probably my Genesis. The only console I have that's older than that is the NES but I didn't play it much when it was hooked up...which it wasn't half the time.
  3. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Let's see...my Saturn? No...my, NeoGeo Pocket Color? I think that's older than the Saturn...no wait, Saturn is older. Hell, the b/w NeoGeo Pocket came out in like, 98 or something, right?
  4. Nazo Moderator

I used to own an NES and Genesis and shit, but they've been long gone. :( The furthest back I've gone lately is the Gamecube. :\
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

PSP...I own 2 gamecubes and have a GBA SP to use but as for lately I've been mostly stuck on psp.
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

My, the SP is still uber cute, and how nice was it for us to finally get a Nintendo-modo backlit screen we didn't have to import? Japan's been having them since the GB Lite days!
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

Doubt time...Those guys should have shared. I noticed the lighting kits worked too though as I even had one for the GBA.
  8. Venom Well-Known Member

I had a shitty light for my original GBA. Because I couldn't even see the fucking screen. In my room. During the day. With the lights on.

Thank God for the SP. The Classic NES edition. That shit is for realz. I still don't know what they were thinking with the Micro though. Who was that for?
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

I dunno who the micro was aimed at either. it was kinda horrible. I've passed on getting one a few times due to my thoughts on it. The SP was king though. Most of the lighting kits were crap.
  10. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

First gen DS, Gamecube, and PS2. All our older systems are deeeeeeaaaad.
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I thought the micro was uber cute...until I began to develop arthritis and partial blindness within two days of using it. Really, it's just trendy-looking and nothing more.
  12. William Well-Known Member

I have NES and SNES, just never really play it since I've already beaten literally every game made for them... and I'm not one to replay a game unless it's been 5-10 years. I guess the oldest console that I actually do still play regularly would be Playstation 1 or.... Gameboy Color. It's hard to say since I've kind of recently transitioned from consoles to PC gaming.
  13. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I did go through my GBC collection last year and it's amazing how some of the titles still hold up like Dragon Quest Monsters and Harvest Moon 3, but I still go through my PS games on occasion among other titles. I totally want to see if I can find Falselei for the NeoGeo Pocket Color!
  14. Venom Well-Known Member

I haven't had my Genesis hooked up for a while, so my answer is now SNES. It's the oldest console I currently have hooked up, and I played it a few days ago, so that's close enough to "regularly." >_>
  15. PKT Forever /a/lone

GBA for me...Play games from it anyhow...