What should we do about world hunger?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by Pie, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I know that some of the aboriginal tribes practice infanticide. An example would be Australian aborigines. They have to in order to keep their numbers down so they can survive. =/
  2. PKT Forever /a/lone

Why do they need to keep their numbers down?
  3. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Because of limited resources. They're still a forager society, so they have parties, and each tribe can only be from 15 to 50 people max.
  4. PKT Forever /a/lone

Hmm I'd just leave in that case.
  5. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

If you were born and raised in that society, you would think differently.
  6. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Problem isn't a lack of food, it's just crazy birth rates, corrupt governments and a crazy amount of instability in the third world. Lack of education and lack of basic health services ain't helping.

Giving them food and money might help a little bit, but I personally doubt those things are getting to the people who need it the most. Give em stability, education and health, whatever way we can. We do that, the level of world hunger should naturally fall.
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Leave it to Sou-kun to make his pseudo big sister feel like an idiot. I didn't take education and good ol' fashion health care into consideration -__-;. I mean, you can tell education is at an all time low when a particular country's citizens actually listen to things like "DON'T USE CONDOMS BECAUSE I'M THE POPE AND I SAID SO" and the like.
  8. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I didn't think of that either... good point.
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

Well we tend to send over food to these places and it seems they still don't get it or get enough. If a messed up system of government or infrastructure is the problem then really what can we do to help?