What should we do about world hunger?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by Pie, Dec 19, 2010.

1. PKT Forever /a/lone

There are supposedly some viable choices like wheat, rice, corn and such like that enhances with vitamins and such. There's talks of an algae based food source that could feed the planet too. What ideas do you all have?
  2. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Be vegan and convert all the farm land going to grow wheat to feed cows into bigger farms for food to feed people.
  3. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Let's see...there's no easy solution for world hunger other than to severely mow down the number of humans taking up resources...which seems pretty ineffective anyway. Well, I say we focus on crops that will produce a good haul without sapping the almighty out of available resources. Sorry, my thinking skills are severely lacking today.
  4. PKT Forever /a/lone

I say we develop artificial food sources that are easy to grow/make and cheap too.
  5. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I know that there are some countries where food is difficult to grow, and certain places grow certain foods better than others. Really, the only solution is also an impossible one; we have to learn how to share and play nice with ALL the other kids.
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I can't imagine wanting to co-exist with the Dutch. Stephy makes a good point. Really, it'll take a huge effort for everyone to pull together, but I bet it'll happen if survival is the word of the day. Not without some carnage, though. Artificial food is a good plan, too just as long as we can make the food stick.
  7. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

It's possible, but not very probable. We'll always have disputes, and always have at least some mistrust. It's like in that movie, Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb; Russia built a doomsday device and there was a U.S bomber plane about to drop a nuke that would set off the device. It was said we could go into the deeper mineshafts and survive down there, and a general wanted weapons saying, "We must avoid a mineshaft gap!" Stupid... you're all in the same position.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, God, that is so depressing. Y'know, if the world comes really close to the End of Days or whatever I hope to be either really old or really dead. Humans just can't be trusted in the long run.
  9. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

It's a good movie though, I loved it. It's one of my favorites by far. And I hope the same thing as well. I'm really amused at the whole "WORLD IS GONNA END IN 2012!" Thing. It's set to end on AFI day, 12/21 XD
  10. PKT Forever /a/lone

Hmm, now give me some credit for this and don't put too much into ethics.

If we eat more types of foods we'd be better off.

1. Find artificial food sources.
    2. Pets and more types of animals.
    3. Babies and other humans.

Then we'd have it all worked out. Hopefully we never get to option 3 as it's not very renewable.
  11. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Lol, babies.
  12. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

This might kind of sound harsh, but I don't think there's ever going to be a cure for world hunger. I don't exactly see how we can help the world from hunger, when we can't even control those that go hungry in America, despite being the fattest country in the world.

I do like the certain sites they have though, that try their best to help. Like that one site about donating like, 5 grains of rice every time you click a link or something. >> I don't exactly remember what it does, but I remember spending a lot of time on it.

Okay so I just found the site, and it's called freerice.com. It's pretty much a quiz thing, and every question you get right, they donate 10 grains of rice. As I said, it's pretty cool.
  13. PKT Forever /a/lone

10 grains of rice per click is better than nothing but that's a lot of clicks to fill a bowl.
  14. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Well, if it's too time consuming for you, don't do it. >[
  15. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I think that America needs to focus more on itself for a while instead of feeling 'obligated' to help other countries because we're a super power. No one holds it against China if they don't do stuff. At least, not that I've noticed.
  16. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I fully agree with you, Stephy.
  17. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Actually, I haven't even thought about that, Stephy. I mean, we have our own problems and tons of it. In fact, food banks are drying up faster than a group of teenage girls reading Twilight (I mean, that moisture can't replace itself, now can it?). Now, I've really ran out of ideas other than to use the fat from liposuction as a sort of food source for third world countries.
  18. PKT Forever /a/lone

If we don't pry so much then things like world wars would break out more often. I think it's best to not let a mountain grow from a molehill.
  19. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

That's not necessarily true. I mean, the World Wars broke out because everyone was in everyone else's business. It's not our job to be the world's peace keepers, and who came to help us during the Civil War? No one, yet we're involved in other countries civil wars. What kinda BS is that?
  20. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I don't like even getting involved in my family's problems >_>. So, I think eating babies might work out since that would not only control the population a bit, but also give us a food source. Ethically it's all fucked up, but it's survival! Population control could definitely help in places where it's really not necessary to have six fuckers running around doing nothing. Though...some places tend to use the excess population for labor and things. Hm.