What is your favorite book?

Discussion in 'Other Media' started by Legend Saber, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I'd have to go with Orwell's 1984. I absolutely adore it, though it always gives me this weird, eerie feeling when I read it. An interesting experience, but almost scary at the same time. Not really sure how to describe it.

Anyway, what's your favorite book?
  2. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'll say the Darwin Awards. I mostly read technical non fiction though.
  3. Overdrive New Member

Anything made by Brady Games. :)
  4. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I'd have to say that my all-time favorite book is a tie between To Kill A Mockingbird by Harber Lee and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Both books left a meaningful impression on me, and they're both the only two books I can think of that I can read over and over without getting sick and tired of them.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

Both of those are classics. They really are some of the cream of the crop when it comes to fiction. They both tell some powerful lessons too. I halfway paid attention when we watched to kill a mockingbird in middle school. I liked what I saw though. As for the other one it was one of the ones I wanted to read. I heard that it spoke about a society where books were seen as a form of rebelion.
  6. Venom Well-Known Member

Err...Metal Gear Solid. The novelization. It's the only book I've read in like 5 years, and the only one I own, so...that pretty much wins by default.
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

I have about 40+ books on my shelf but I never read em. The technical ones are cool to have as a reference though. I used to read a lot though back in my school days.
  8. Sapphire Rose Bleeding thorugh the eyes.

Whatever R.A. Salvatore writes or anything from the Black Library.

Blood for the Blood God was epic.
  9. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

I had a really long post drawn up insulting your tastes and saying you're all illiterate(besides David) but then I accidentally hit back and it erased it so now I am just going to let you imagine the scathing insults I levied towards you.

Then I double posted wtf.
  10. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I'll imagine that you said we're all amazing for the books we've picked (except for David) and that you wish you could carry on more conversations with our intellectual minds! Sounds good to me, I approve.

Oh and I can't believe I even managed to narrow it down to those two books. .-. Books are like songs, music artists, movies, and television shows to me. It's hard for me to pick a favorite. Though I'd probably add in 1984, along with The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury and Animal Farm by George Orwell.
  11. akugi touch the sky

right now it's My Lobotomy by Howard Dully
  12. PKT Forever /a/lone

Since I get books based upon their usefulness to me I'm finding that several books I have on Japanese are a lot more my thing. They are helping me out in my studies quite well.
  13. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

My favorite book is Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. But that is closely followed by the Book Thief, by Markus Zusak.
  14. PKT Forever /a/lone

I...don't currently have one...Strange for me having about 200 books around.
  15. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Johnny Got His Gun and The Great Gatsby.
  16. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I'm reading this book I found at the library and thus far it's pretty amazing. It's called Malice, by Chris Wooding. I really like the plot, and the way it's written, and highly recommend it.
  17. PKT Forever /a/lone

I've been reading this book on Assembler programming while I can focus.
  18. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

That sounds... incredibly boring. V.V
  19. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Hmn, I think my favorite books still stand, though I'd probably add in every book in the HP series. I know they aren't classics, but they've definitely been apart of me since childhood.
  20. PKT Forever /a/lone

It's not boring unless you like fiction more than technical stuff. I find it fun.