What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Phunky Philosophy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

I want to make this thread a much better version of our past "now playing threads".
    Instead of just saying the exact song band and album that you are listening too at the moment, take some time to discuss what you have been listening too. Mention what it is, any interesting information, and any opinions that you have on it. Feel free to also link some songs or videos that go along with it.

I have been trying to musically expand in all directions. Recent guy I have been checking out is a true old school badass.
    Mr. Tom Waits
    ^ clicky

This guy's voice makes my junk get harrier every time I hear it. What I dig is the way he writes songs. As a songwriter myself, someone like him really makes a big personal impact. Especially the way he constructs his vocal melodies, it differs greatly from the way that other singer songwriters, such as Lennon, Bowie, Dylan, and others that have so far influenced myself. A breath of(bourbon laced) fresh air.

Note- This thread is for light casual discussion carried out over the subject of many bands. If you want to discuss a band in depth please make a thread about it.
  2. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

I just went to a Cudi concert, and I'm relistening to Mojo So Dope, because that was one of the few songs that I disliked on his new album. But after watching him perform it, I can't stop listening to it.

3. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I've been listening to a band called Fun. Yes, the period is in the name. I've already linked one of their songs in the media section, but I'll also prepare some links in this post, as well.

The first one is called Be calm. This was their first song I heard, recommended to me by someone on tumblr. After hearing it five times after the first one, I realized that the song title was definitely misleading. I felt more energized than calm, despite the fact that the song is about paranoia, and it also led me to look up other songs by them. Which then led into the next song!

At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used to Be) is my favorite song off this album so far. I love Nate Ruess' vocals in this song so much, and the song itself is just, well, fun.

All The Pretty Girls is their most popular song, at least it's the only one with an official music video. I was a bit disappointed that it was played on Fuse, considering that now all these silly band girls are in love with Nate Ruess, despite the fact that this is the only song they've heard by them. I've even tried to share the album with a couple of work friends, but they told me they don't listen to albums by artists anymore, because half the artists they like, they only like two of the songs off the album.
  4. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

I have been listening to some of Fryderyk Chopin's compositions lately. My favorite of the romantic composers that we have gone over in Music Appreciation. I have been listening to his nocturnes recorded by Idil Biret. I have for a while wanted to explore the past masters and the class I am taking has really made it easy(by forcing it down my throat).

I would include links but I am not sure really where the best place to start is, so I would say just youtube his name and click the most popular links.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

About to be listening to myself compose some beats mostly for the vault.
  6. PKT Forever /a/lone

System of a down - Science over 300 times this week.
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Anna Tsuchiya's Take Me Out
  8. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I Will Posses your Heart by Death Cab For Cutie. Grooviest song I know. <3
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

Halo by Beyonce and Drops in the River by Fleet Foxes.