Weinergate, 2011

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by Archangel Sabre, Jun 12, 2011.

1. PKT Forever /a/lone

But.../a/.../A/...
    I have nothing better to do...
  2. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

People expect that those who lead them should be perfect, that's all there is to it. It's not fair, it never has been. They say, "I made a mistake, I'm only human, but he shouldn't make mistakes because he leads us. He should be setting a good example." It's not fair at all. Everyone should be setting a good example regardless of what they do or don't do, but everyone makes mistakes, and everyone should be held to the same standards, but it's not like that at all. I don't really give two shits that he sent naughty pictures over the internet. Who doesn't at one point or another? I agree with everyone else that it doesn't make them bad at their job or a bad politician (lulz). He just did what politicians are known to do anyway. *shrug*
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'd vote for him if I had the choice. I think this weiner is a winner.
  4. Nazo Moderator

Yeah, but see, it wasn't a mistake. That was part of his own personal life. No matter if it was sorta public. Everyone does this shit. And it still seems set up to me.
  5. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

It might have been for all I know, and you're right, it wasn't a mistake. It's funny how we hold certain people to higher standards. Like everyone got so upset when Joe Jonas broke up with Taylor Swift over the phone. Who the fuck cares? He's a normal guy just like any of us, and how he chooses to break up with his girlfriend is his choice, and his business. But he's famous, so of course everyone knows about it. I can't help but feel bad for them.
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Honestly, breaking up over the phone isn't nearly as bad as doing it by text. I mean, I personally believe be that if you're going to end a relationship than it should be face-to-face, but a phone call is somewhat acceptable (especially if that person has got some serious issues). Well, that's the thing about being in such a "high and respected" position-more's expected from you even though you're only mortal. I get a little pissy when I hear about how so-and-so celebrity should be a better example for the children now that I think about it. Um, no one should be that friggin' responsible for what your bastard(s) say and do, but you and your kinfolk. Not to say that I find it excusable for a celeb to say things like "FUCK BAREBACK KIDS IT FEELS GOOOOOOOOOD", but teaching your vermin to be an individual with team player qualities (basically being able to do and think for yourself, but can still work well with others) and the proper skills and information would nullify a bunch of bullshit.
  7. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I think so too. I mean I think their business should stay just that, their business. But because they're in movies, or they're in a band, or sometimes they're a writer, and suddenly everything about their lives becomes well known by the public. I get that they're famous, and stuff, and they're kind of interesting for that, but dissecting their personal lives won't make you famous, and quite frankly, I think that it's called stalking. Serious.
  8. PKT Forever /a/lone

But we have people paid to be stalkers nowadays.
  9. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Yeah... man, this world.