Weinergate, 2011

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by Archangel Sabre, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

What's your take on this? For those unaware:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Weiner_photo_scandal

Congressman gets caught sending lewd photos over Twitter, says his account was hacked initially, then comes out and admits it was him sending the photos.

A lot of people have been calling for him to resign, but honestly, I don't see what the huge, huge deal about it is. AFAIK, all of the women he was sending photos with were adults above the age of consent. Maybe it makes him an immoral person, but married or not, there's no reason this makes him unfit for his duties as a congressman, anymore than he was before this scandal broke.

Besides, Weiner is a pretty fucking awesome politician, if I do say so myself, and if we lose him, we're probably losing one of the best in the House.
  2. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm not going to pretend that I'm a Know-It-All when it comes to politics, but anyway...I think it's pretty stupid to have to resign JUST because of something so...typical. Sure, the guy shouldn't do that kind of stuff when you're married or hell, in a monogamous relationship, but I agree with Sou-to: it just makes him a bit of a lech, not a terribad politician. Geez, that's like getting fired, because you're a teacher and were caught with your pants down with some whore at the fleabag motel during summer break. Of course when you're in such a position you may be held to certain...standards, but that doesn't make you divine enough to be considered perfect. To err is to be human or blah-blah-blah whatever.

I really don't agree with it and the only people the guy should apologize to is his family. Nothing illegal was committed as well!
  3. Nazo Moderator

I think it's stupid. People act as if they've never taken a lewd picture of themselves and sent it off to someone. Whoopty fuckin' doo. His dick's on the net. So the fuck what. It's not like it's raping anyone. Anyone remember Clinton? He was bangin' chicks all the time. Kennedy getting blowjobs from Marylin Monroe. They were both decent presidents. To everyone making a big deal out of it: Get over it.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Yeah, see? It's being blown out of proportion just because he's well-known enough to garner that kind of attention. It's seriously isn't the first time some politician got a little on the side or made a hornball move, and was still pretty damn effective at his job! I mean, hell, if all he really did was flirt and send various images to women it shouldn't even register a blip on the International OMG Radar.
  5. Cletus Well-Known Member

Keep on keepin' on, Tony.
  6. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Here's the reason people are making it such a big deal- he lied. Over and over and over again until he finally did come out. And although these pics aren't as bad as say...asking for gay sex in the men's bathroom, what he lost was trust and the moral ground he had with the thousands that truly believed that they had finally found a true Democrat.

I'm not in that thousand, btw. Although, he may be "better" than most other Democrats, he's the same as every other politician in this country- mindset of helping the big corporations, while royally screwing over the needy.
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

Funny that Weiner would go around showing off his namesake.
    Codfish likes this.
  8. PropMaster Smurfly

I have to say the lying was really bad, and I cant see how people he is supposed to represent would ever trust him again.
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

I wonder how that weiner got in in the first place.
  10. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

So, really, when you get down to it...it's more of him being a liar than a pervert that should be taken into consideration. Definitely sounds more reasonable to me!
  11. Nazo Moderator

This concept to me is just silly. People act as if they've never lied or been lied to. So what? He lied about the pictures not being his, but if you listen to how he was *trying* to deny the pictures, you KNEW he was lying. And this was a set up anyway. Who is fucking stupid enough to post on the most popular public social network and think he/she wouldn't be caught? It's a goddamn set up to get a potentially GOOD candidate out of the way. For all you know he was bribed. Clinton did things behind closed doors where no one should've known, and he was caught. He lied about what? Fucking some slut in the office? Please that bitch's fantasy was the be mawed like a secretary whore and she got it. He didn't lie about smoking pot since he's allergic to smoke. He lied about something PERSONAL that should be NO ONE elses business and was cast out. He was a good fucking president who made the middle class get a bit more wealthier and the upper class lose a bit. And the government is upper class. Yet again, another set up.

Prove me wrong.
  12. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

.-. That's why I'm not really upset about it. Y'know, lying isn't the problem for some people-it's the being lied to and intentionally deceived aspects that really get them angry. It's one of those "I can do it, but you better not" things. Ah, but a set up? Hm, I think it's possible, so I won't deny it...it is strange that he'd use something so...open to get that kind of info across.

Attached Files:

Nazo likes this.
  13. Nazo Moderator

Today he resigned... My mom was like "Yeaaaah, get that pervert out of here." I wanted to bash her in the face for how much retard was spewed from that statement.
  14. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

All my mother did was make a "I ain't even mad" expression and changed the channel to Soap Net >__>. She thought he was "sexting". I'm sure some of my relatives were thinking "crackers do dat", though -__-;.
  15. PKT Forever /a/lone

I think we're handling this Weiner thing the wrong way. I mean as Nazo said, he did something but it wasn't that bad, same with Clinton.
  16. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

You realize we are talking about politicians here, right?

I think what the congressman does in his free time is what he does in his free time and should not relate at all to his job.
  17. Nazo Moderator

Agreed.

I'm a 4channer in my free time, but am I going to spout nonsense at my job? No. >_>
  18. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm a full-time lurker on /a/ (can't figure out how to make the upside-down a), but I am social perfection at work. Well, not to say that I haven't made attempts at trolling. Well, if my boss was all into cross-dressing and I found out about it by accident or whatever (definitely not at work) that alone shouldn't be reason for me to dismiss his work and stuff. Though, I'd be more interested than anything.
  19. PKT Forever /a/lone

/ɐ/ copy paste into notepad...
  20. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

800px-4chanbunny.jpg
    No, really, just don't do it T__T.