Warez

Discussion in 'Train of Thought' started by Diabolikal Rapture, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

What's your stance on it? Do you think it's wrong? Do you think it's just too damn easy to pirate stuff?
  2. Venom Well-Known Member

Easy, yes...wrong....in a way. Sure it hurts profit and sales figures and whatnot, but sometimes it just makes more sense to pirate something than buy it. Personally I'd rather have a hard copy of something like a movie, game, or CD, but when it comes to programs that can cost hundreds of dollars (FLASH) illegal downloads are the best options.
  3. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

Especially things like Photoshop CS3, that shit's insane.
  4. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's wrong. Same as stealing, pretty much. Which is why I prefer to buy legit copies or find free alternatives when I can.
  5. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

So then how are you using Photoshop? DID YOU BUY IT!? DOES DAVID HAVE A SECRET STASH OF MONEY!?!?! ;-; I want some.

Anyway, honestly, I don't really care. I like buying things (like cds, movies, certain games), but then again, it's also easier (and more convenient) to just pirate it from Limewire as well.
  6. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Lol, I do see it as stealing, but a lot of the time I dun really care. >_>

I suppose that's kind of hypocritical way of thinking, but I do buy what I can, when I can. It makes me feel better than if I just stole it over the Internet.
  7. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

Now my place on it.

[spoiler]I adore it.[spoiler]:cookie:[/spoiler][/spoiler]

No, but seriously, I don't have that kind of money to spend on this stuff. So I'd rather pirate it, and it's not like I'd buy it anyway, so their not really missing out on anything. Lol. ^_^
  8. Overdose Delusion So strange what love does.

I do think that technically it's wrong, however I personally don't care that much. I'm guilty of pirating as well, although I do prefer to own actual copies if possible. I mainly pirate old and obscure games, although I also pirate movies and anime from time to time.

And yeah, pirating is easy as hell to do. >>;
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

I don't care, if I can get something the legit way I'll get it. If not then I'll find a way. Somethings are hard to find or unavailable. I have a collection of stuff that I bought which some people would see as worthless since there is no purpose left for it. Those are the kinds of things I love to buy. A CD with music I don't like at all I'm not going to buy, I won't buy it just to say I have it. If I do like something I've pirated I'll make an effort to buy it. Somethings though you can't find them because they are dead technology and it's makers refuse to make an updated version. All sorts of things are out there were laws were passed without considering the rights and interests of consumers, the average person. The society we live in now is quick to make a law that will restrict us and slow to undo the damage. Not many freedoms have been given within a long time. These are sad days indeed.
  10. Nazo Moderator

No, I don't think it's wrong. I don't think of Piracy as a crime, it's more of a loop hole.

Best loop hole ever: I got Lime Wire Pro from Lime Wire. >_>