UPDATES: READ FIRST

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Diabolikal Rapture, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

Alright, so here's what's going on, to clear everything up. Please feel free to post any suggestions, complaints or bugs here.

1. Kat accidentally put every single thread we had into the "Divine Templar" forum, this was again I state, AN ACCIDENT. It's no big deal, staff make them all the time. Lol. To remedy this from ever happening again, I'm making a PDF how-to guide on moderation. It should be done soon.

2. We lost three months worth of posts, threads, name changes, etc.

3. We also lost the whole forum make-over. Personally not many really liked the "make-over", including me. So I'm not re-doing it unless I get requests for it out the ass. Literally.

4. All staff positions have been updated. They are as follows:

Administrators:

Diabolikal Rapture
    Legend Saber

Super Moderators:

Tentei No Mai
    Rainbow Deluxe
    Darth Arkas

5. Thank propmaster for all the effort he put into bringing us back online. <3

6. If I missed anything in this post, or if I missed anything whilst trying to change stuff back around please feel free to remind me through a PM or a reply in this thread.

Updates:

1. All administrators names have been changed to dark red, and are not italicized anymore.

2. I've changed all administrators permissions so that they can access the full ACP.

3. All super moderators now have a purple (lavender) username.

4. CONTESTS forum has been archived, due to not being used.

5. Staff Applications forum has been archived, due to not being used.

New Updates:

1. The forum will be going offline tonight for an upgrade. Propmaster can't give me an exact time because he's a busy dude, he'll do it when he can. All he's knows is it's going to be sometime tonight.
  2. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

I recommend changing up the forum again. It's disorderly and there are an excess of useless boards and it just looks ugly.
  3. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

Alrighty, give me your thoughts on how it should be set up. We'll see if other people agree. If they do, we'll do it.
  4. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I would most definitely recommend that we merge all the Gaming boards into one and place it under Alternative Entertainment.

That's the one thing I thought was done right about the make-over. >_>
  5. Cletus Well-Known Member

I second Legend.
  6. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

^Basically what he said. Plus Graphics & Artworks, Computers, and Literature are all fairly underused boards that could just be in other media. I'm also not fond of Anime and Manga getting their own section since that just seems like Japan-loving fellatio.

Also I'm going to suggest the most radical decision that I know nobody will want to do: Get rid of the black hole. If people have no place to vent their spam, they'll be forced to attempt more substantive conversations in the others boards. I don't see any problem with this. If you want to spout nonsense there are other places and the black hole seems like a needless crutch for activity. Get rid of it and we build up activity in other places.
  7. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Wont happen. People will pout and cry if they dont have a place to be stupid.
  8. Lanza Well-Known Member

I recommend a massive overhaul of every old thread into the archives (as I'm sure nobody cares about posting what they think more than once), and letting us truly start anew.
  9. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

All very good ideas. And honestly, if people really want the black hole gone, I guess it can go, but I prefer it stay. Let's see what everyone else thinks, then we'll take some action.
  10. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I honestly like the black hole, but if people think that it'll help members stay, then take it away! I'm more focused on whether or not everything should be archived again.
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Hm, I don't know...I enjoy my nonsensical posting in the Black Hole. However, if it can be agreed upon to get rid of it...eh, no complains from me then.
  12. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

You all suck "I like it but if everyone else wants it gone okay." Bitches.
  13. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I also like the Black Hole. Only reason we should get rid of it is if a majority of the members agree with you.
  14. Omni <b><font size=4><font color=171717>Sola Fide

The Black Hole is fine. Keep it, but organize everything else.
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Isn't that Whoreskankian for "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"?

Oh, but all joking aside...I guess we will soon find out the fate of BH in a few days, eh?
  16. Overdrive New Member

Alrighty if I'ma going to try and stick around, I'ma throw in my THREE cents, not two...

Get rid of the Black Hole. Why? So we can get activity EVERYWHERE. Once we get general activity EVERYWHERE rather than just one area, then MAYBE bring it back.

Kaibosh the Series board. There's too many subforums and the stats for the entire forum is 73 Threads and 935 Posts for 11 Subforums. Almost the same stats for the Genre board. Same thing as well - kaibosh it too. Better yet now that I notice it, take that ENTIRE Gaming Category and make it ONE forum. There's less than 5000 posts for 24 boards (unless there's posts in like Genres / Consoles / Series but not in their subforums, then it'd be 27 boards - you should get what I mean).

Graphics and Artwork, Anime and Manga, TV and Movies, Literature and Music could be one board: Entertainment. Why? Anime is TV and Movies in their own type. Manga is Literature, Graphics and Artwork, and Music can fit in Entertainment - it's not large and active enough to be it's own board. Computers can (arguably) also fit under Entertainment as well. How? Well we download all of the above I mentioned in this paragraph. We also browse the internet. And if you think about it, computers ARE a form of entertainment - realistically, we don't NEED them. But now in today's society (or very soon) it's almost become (or becoming) "abnormal" to not have one. Ditto with cellphones.

I think the Apartments should be taken down or achieved for a while until activity picks up - then brought back.
  17. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

That's one thing I hated, I don't think we should combine them all into one board. I think We should have:

Entertainment: This'll handle Literature, TV & Movies, Anime & Manga, Graphics & Artwork, and Music. Although I'm partial to giving Music it's own subforum, but not sure.

Computers: We spend most of our lives ON ONE. So I mean .. it deserves it's own forum in my opinion. I actually had planned on posting tutorials and shit like that in there before we merged the whole fucking thing together. I felt it would just be out of place if I posted it there and people would ignore it.

I completely disagree with this, I think the members earned their apartments. We can't just take them away because we think it'll increase activity elsewhere. Not to mention like I stated in another post, this place is supposed to be fun, to blow off some steam, you guys seem to want to make it all work and no play.
  18. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

On apartments, if there is little to no activity in them..why do they deserve them? Why should they be there? They just take up space. The more active apartments can stay sure, but I see no reason to keep an apartment that generates 0 activity within it.

I already have a response to your "all work and no play" argument in the remove black hole thread, no reason to reiterate it here.
    1 people like this.
  19. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

That preposition is currently being voted upon/discussed here: http://www.wireforums.com/forums/under-marquee/28134-should-we-get-rid-black-hole.html

Yes, we plan on doing this.

Yeah, we should probably streamline it. Though I don't agree with just shrinking it down to one board. We could probably merge Anime and Manga with TV and Movies, to make it something like "TV, Animation and Movies," and we ought to keep the Music Room. Both of them I can imagine being active enough to warrant their own boards.

Mixing everything else into an "Other Entertainment" board could work, though.

Apartments only take a small amount of activity as is and I don't see how taking them away will make people post elsewhere. That, and what Travis said; wouldn't be right.

A problem I have with this is that the Computer board is one of the least active on the front page. We might all use them, but it doesn't seem like people want to discuss them much. We might be able to make some kind of hybrid board for discussing computers, the Internet, and any form of modern electronic technology. But otherwise I'd recommend we ditch it.

I agree with this. My idea is that any apartment that receives no posts for two months should be archived. With the backup making it look like every apartment hasn't been posted in for a few months, it would be unfair to archive now. But I'll look over them again in a week or so and archive those which haven't been posted in at all.
  20. Lanza Well-Known Member

Pretty much agreed on all accounts, but any thread that receives no activity for 2 or more months should be archived unless contested by the majority of the userbase - which I highly doubt.

Since we were reset back 3 months, this would include every thread here except the new ones; refer to my post a little ways above, specifically right'chere.