Time Warner Makes Gamers Pay With New Bandwidth

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Zackapple Express, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

The Meter Is Running | Gamers With Jobs

Shenaniganz. Your thoughts?
  2. Nazo Moderator

That's fucking stupid.

Well Kat, we won't be getting Road Runner net anytime soon. Fuck that shit. Pretty soon this is how all net will run. I love how this country is just finding ways to drain us of the remaining money we have. I mean, people use the net EVERY day. Some stay on ALL day.
  3. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

But they're just testing it out. They haven't made any definite plans, and I don't think it's going to do well. Mainly because Time Warner's already getting negative attention, I know for a fact they don't want more. When they merged with AOL, it was horrible, which was why Time Warner lowered their prices for digital cable in the first place.
  4. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Time Warner can go fuck itself. The only reason they're doing this is to stop people from using Internet TV services like Hulu, Fancast and YouTube, since it takes customers away from their own cable services.

While bandwidth for these companies is a real concern, Time Warner is essentially using that as an excuse to fuck customers over. They can easily go the Comcast route and set a reasonable limit (like 250 GB) for all customers which prevents the leechers from causing Internet brownouts.

$30 for 5 GB = fucking insane. In Japan they have the fastest Internet in the world with no bandwidth caps for less than that.
  5. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

6. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Fuckin' A. That's a win for the good guys. At least for now.
  7. Nazo Moderator

Oh wow. I am impressed.

Guess the meaning of "the customer is always right" pulled off here. At least for now.
  8. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I'm glad it failed, because that plan was just pure idiocy. How could they not expect protest?
  9. Kyuuketsuki C-c-c-c-combo breaker!

I remember Comcast thinking about doing the same thing. Except that time, they wanted to charge customers for going to certain websites. Real stupid, huh? Believe it.
  10. PKT Forever /a/lone

I think the users of the net need to ban together more often on issues like this. If no one complains they will think they can do whatever they want.
  11. Nazo Moderator

I think America needs a reformat.
  12. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Humanity could use a reformat. XD
  13. PKT Forever /a/lone

Who would reinstall america .exe? Who is the sys admin...?
  14. Nazo Moderator

Yours truly.

*pops knuckles over keyboard readying to type*
  15. Low-Budget Adult Filmmaker <font color=blue>Fuck.

Lmao. I'm a Time Warner Cable customer. I'd drop them like a fuckin' hot potato if they pulled some shit like that.