The Thing of the Day Thread

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by PKT, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I like how you can explain that in such an easy-to-understand way. I'm not exactly slow with technology, but when it comes to cell phones and TVs it's not...quite straight forward! I think we already have HD channels on our cable box, so I'll have to try out my mother's TV to see what it will do. Oh, and another question! HDMI cables sound simple enough, but when I get a flatscreen will I really need one? And if I do need one, does it matter which brand I get?
  2. Venom Well-Known Member

I only need a HDMI cable because my PS3 is currently using the composite (red, white, and yellow) cables so it'll only output standard def, which, in my case at least, makes it so the picture doesn't even fit the entire TV screen. There are composite cables (green, blue, and...red, I think, I'm too lazy to look at my Xbox's) that can output HD, but an HDMI cable is, from what I gather, an alternative. The only reason I'm so hung up on them is because my TV only has one place for composite cables, and two for HDMI, so I figure I can use those two HDMI ports for my 360 and PS3 and the composite for Wii.
  3. Nazo Moderator

HDMI cables do the same thing that component cables(Red, Green, and Blue cables) do, just simplified. And whoever the fucking idiot was that made red TWO of the goddamn colors for the 5 plugs doing TWO DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS, is an idiot. You'll only need them for items you're plugging up to your TV to run in HD. For me, I use on with my 360 since HDMI transfer rate is a bit faster than component. And all the satellite receivers in the house have to have one for the HD channels. So you'll need one if you're getting the HD package for cable/satellite, a PS3, a DVD/Blu-ray player, 360, anything that you want to hook up to the TV to use the HD feature of the TV will either need a component or HDMI. Preferably HDMI since it's much easier and neater, really. Usually, though, the item that you're buying to hook up to the TV will come with it's own component or HDMI, but if you can use HDMI and component with the item, go HDMI for sure.

As for brands, really it doesn't matter. I find all the different brands and shit gimmicky. Just try to find one with the gold plated plugs. The ones without that gold plating usually go bad. You can find them online for a good price. Amazon would be your best bet. But never, EVER buy them from a store. You'll end up paying about 25-35 dollars for a 6-8ft long cord. You can find them on Amazon for 6-17 bucks easy.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Well, fuck, thank Asmodeus I asked, because I was this close to getting a cable from Sears since it was on sale. I'll be sticking with Amazon for that since that place is kick ass!
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

Word of the day is madness
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Today's Mai Speech is "combinience". This word is basically a fusion of combination and convenience and simply means that you're making up SO MANY GODDAMN FUCKING EXCUSES IN TANDEM IN ORDER TO EXCUSE YOUR SHITTY ISSUES. An example is..."You helped the homeless, tripped over a dead body, AND got abducted by illegals? Wow, what a combinient way to be late for work. You bitch"
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

Today's pkt thingie is my new avatar...it was simple as fuck to make...
    Word of the day is carabiner.
    Animal of the day is trout.
    And Mai did someone actually say that?
  8. Venom Well-Known Member

My random lol of the day or whatever the fuck I'm calling it now: I was playing Ecco Jr. earlier and I managed to permanently beach my killer whale. Normally if you get on the few things sticking out of the water you'll automatically slide back into the water, but I somehow managed to get stuck in the far edge of the screen. I kept jumping in place because it wouldn't let me go back towards the water, and if I didn't jump I would just slide halfway out of the screen and sit there. I found out you can switch characters mid-level at that point so I did, but they both just appeared in the same spot.

Annoyance of the day: Dying in Dead Island. A LOT. Like, to the point where I ragequit.

Edit: Also, pic of the day:

[IMG]
  9. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Yeah, I died lots in Dead Islands, too >__>. Just glad I didn't buy the game! Oh, and no one actually said that, Pie, it was more of an...elaborate example.

And today's joke is "What did the irresponsible nympho say to social services when they asked her about her umpteenth pregnancy?"

"I can't help that I get addicted a lot"

Because addicted sounds like dicked...er, never mind, I just made that one up ;__;
  10. PKT Forever /a/lone

lol...
    food of the dinner is nachos...
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Today's Show to Watch is The Walking Dead Season 2 Premiere! Yay, zombies gonna get skeeted on! And by skeet, I mean shotgun to the face >__>;.