The Happening

Discussion in 'Television, Movies and Animation' started by Diabolikal Rapture, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

Has anyone seen this movie yet? This movie is fucking sweet imo. I mean .. you can't get any better than mass suicide. What're your thoughts?
  2. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

THANK YOU. I hate EVERY critic for writing bad reviews about the movie.

The Happening, and yes I'm willing to say it, is the MOST underrated movie of this year. You may say whatever you want about the film's director/producer/writer M. Night Shyamalyan, but the guy knows how to make movies. Every single one of his movies (except Lady in the Water) contain sceens that will literally make you shit yourself (the alien sighting on a video tape from Signs, all the deaths in The Happening, the first sight of the "monsters" from The Village, the train wreck and final action scene in Unbreakable, and the entire movie of The Sixth Sense).

Also, SPOILERS***:
    That math teacher's death scene in the car and the other people is perfect. Just perfect. Same with the people jumping off the roof scene.
    1 people like this.
  3. Big D Crippler Crossfaced to death

I thought it was a really fun comedy.
  4. Reasonable Addition Wrong Answer

It has an excellent premise, but not much was done with it aside from some hilarious suicide scenes. And what's all this drama about the wife cheating on her husband? (She had awesome hair though.) Is it suppose to highlight the phenomena as moar scary through the amplification of emotion and people surmounting what they usually do not surmount? That totally killed the authenticity.

Yes, much was disturbing, especially those kids getting killed, and it had great potential for suspense and mystery, but in the end it was a damn letdown, and what, it just starts all over again?!

This movie felt like I needed to sneeze, and when the sneeze was about to happen, it just went away.

Still, it didn't suck, but I sure as hell think more could have been done with it.
  5. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Spoilers are just ahead, so if you haven't seen the movie and you want to, then skip over my post.

Chris and I recently saw this movie, and, in all honesty, the movie started out well. The chick stabbing herself in the neck with the hair chopstick, the men falling off the roof, and the scene with Mark Wahlberg's character teaching his science class, but everything else about it was awful. The kids getting killed was unnecessary, the man getting eaten by the lion was stupid, and the whole "My wife cheated on me thing" was idiotic. It basically seemed to turn out to be a love story wrapped around tragic happenings, and honestly, this is the most redundant piece of movie history ever. We don't need cheating wives and husbands and failed marriages. If the movie's supposed to be a horror movie, than make it a horror movie.

I will say that there are a couple of parts to the movie that I did like in the middle, but only because they were funny. The scene where Mark Wahlberg's character is talking to that fake plant, and then when he sits down and is talking with that fake glass of wine and tries to drink it, all were funny.

Oh, and I'll also mention that the acting of the movie was utterly atrocious. Again, it started out well, but then everything seemed to just go downhill from the beginning. I really was looking forward to this movie, but my hopes for it were shot down.
  6. Big D Crippler Crossfaced to death

Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel sucked ass in this movie. I mean the acting was disgusting.