The Economy and You.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by Tentei No Mai, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

The thread's topic is all about the U.S.'s economic status. The highs, the lows (mostly), the unemployment rate, the heated debates on various cutbacks, and so forth.

I have to admit that the economy's downturn over the past years had an effect on my family, so I'm sure most, if not all of you are/were bothered by it in some way. My father's construction business took a major hit, so he's not reeling in as much business, but since he has experience with The Great Depression (so he say) he'll get through it. So, every now and then I'll help my father with the small stuff, so he can keep on keeping on, but eventually things will get better.
  2. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I haven't really had a problem with the economic status, other than my hours getting cut randomly for two weeks, then peaking back up to higher than they've been before. I know Chris has had a rough time, though, as it's been hard for him to find a job, even with the interviews he's had. I keep telling him that he needs to not give up and keep persevering, but of course he's hard-headed and thinks that he's never gonna get a job no matter how hard he tries and he might as well just give up now, or better yet, tell me to get a new job because my hours were cut for a little while, despite me working at Walmart for over two years now. >>
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

My mom has had to work like a dog at a dead end job for a few years to pay the bills and now she's struggling to have us make ends meet on unemployment. I tried to get a job a few times but to no avail. I lack hire-able skills. I watched the prices of the things I used to be able to afford go up over time. Candy and snack cakes have gone up in price a lot. The price of paper is slowly but steadily rising. If I didn't get most of the stuff I own at lowest cost/generic/used I wouldn't have much.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

God, things have gotten expensive, haven't they? I used to not be picky about gas prices and name brand...well, food, but I've learned to become even cheaper than I was before. The unemployment rate certainly doesn't help...even getting hired at Burger King is a stretch -__-;.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

At least ramen is still cheap. It used to be a lot less but some places you can still get a pack for a dime.