The Afterlife

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by Pie, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PKT Forever /a/lone

Do you believe in it? What would you do when you get there? What do you think it looks like? Who would you haunt and why?
  2. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I definitely believe in it. Now, I'm not sure about the aftermath of entering the afterlife, but I'd like to think that I'll be able to meet the people I've loved before either reincarnating or something. I'd much prefer to stay in a place that I can call heaven until it's time for me to do...something else. Heaven for me would (now, anyway) be living out a slice-of-life/supernatural kind of life. Think of it as a reboot of my past life. or rebuild. Oh, and I want my opening theme to be sung by Maaya Sakamoto or May'n. Now, if I have the choice to haunt people...it'll probably be my sister if I die before her, because I will feel mighty displeased.
  3. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I believe in the cycle of reincarnation, and this is why I love Buddhism so much, I believe there is a way out of the cycle. I believe there is a way to attain Nirvana, and I believe this way is not the same for everyone, it's something that comes with time and experience. In other words; There is suffering. There is an end to suffering.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I get the feeling that you guys would like Angel Beats. It's an anime that came out earlier this year and is a favorite of mine. Sure, it's not perfect, but give it a viewing whenever you get a chance. The show is basically about the afterlife, but with students who have to literally learn how to get over their past suffering in order to move on (or reincarnate). Don't want to spoil much, but yeah.
  5. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Ooh, that does sound cool. I'll definitely have to look that up.
  6. PKT Forever /a/lone

Yeah, I heard of it and it sounds cool. On the visual novel team I'm on the leader likes that show.
  7. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

It seems pretty awesome.
  8. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

No, I don't believe in an afterlife. I think when you die your consciousness dies with you, and it never comes back.
  9. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I can respect that.
  10. PKT Forever /a/lone

Sou-to has a nice thought in mind, at least there's no suffering. I believe in an afterlife but I'm not sure what will happen. There's a bit of evidence that states that a small amount of weight leaves the body on death. I think that to me indicates the presence of a spirit. Also a lot of other things in life indicates that too.
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

The way I see it...if there really isn't an afterlife at least we won't even know it, so either way it's going to work out just fine for us! Well, helpfully for me, because when I'm near religious artifacts that aren't related to Haruhiism...I tend to sizzle a little.
  12. PKT Forever /a/lone

H-ism can't seriously be a religion, can it?
  13. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Of course Haruhiism is a religion. I mean, if Scientology can have face in religion then why not Haruhi Suzumiya? OBEY.
  14. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Oh, oh, I wanna be a Haruhiist!

Still don't think there'd be any afterlife though >_>
  15. PKT Forever /a/lone

The afterlife is getting glomped by Haruhi.
  16. Kyuuketsuki C-c-c-c-combo breaker!

Life after death? I'm not so sure. Personally, I am Asatru. Though I might not follow every aspect/belong to a kindred, I still follow the path of Paganism. I hold Odin as the Allfather and my God. I won't get too far into that now, though. I respect all forms of life and people beliefs as well.

So, the afterlife. We're told that when you die, the life you lead pretty much ensures you to either Valhalla or Niflheim. This is hard to dictate for me where I would go--I'm not going to die in battle nor am I that bad of a person. We'll see!

As for the paranormal... I think theres forces beyond what we can comprehend, but none of that Hollywood bullshit.
  17. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Well shit, that's an afterlife I wouldn't mind too much.
  18. PKT Forever /a/lone

I am starting to think that no afterlife might be the best option. I get bored easy enough after all.
  19. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

It kind of does, right? Sure, eternal bliss (or eternal damnation. eternal SOMETHING) sounds good on paper, but it's entirely possible or even likely to become fed up with the same ambrosia and the same serenade since the concept of time would be totally lost, but not the feeling! I'll still like to enter the afterlife, but if I get bored...I'm going to opt for either rebellion or rebirth.
  20. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I honestly don't know what I believe in. I mean, here I am, someone who's been on the brink of death, and yet I didn't see a tunnel with a white light at the end and then given the choice of staying where I am or moving on. I honestly would like to believe that there is something after life, because honestly living one life just sounds depressing, in my opinion. But I also don't believe that there's a heaven/hell type ordeal, either. I used to believe in reincarnation, though I believed that instead of like becoming a mouse in your next life or something, you just continued as a person, though your actions in your previous life foretold how your next life was going to be. So if you were a rapist murderer, you definitely weren't becoming the next king or queen of England. But, as I said, I used to believe in that. Kinda seemed too much like a fairytale, so I stopped.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.