Something you're hating right now

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Archangel Sabre, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Venom Well-Known Member

Curse of Monkey Island, King's Quest: Mask of Eternity, and Doom. On Vista. I've tried using various compatibility modes and nothing seems to work. The Doom installer won't even launch, Curse of Monkey Island says that the installer can't be run from the menu that opens when I put the disc in, and Mask of Eternity is the one that installed but won't play. Every time it starts I get "Mask of Eternity has stopped working" and the BS about Windows checking for a solution.
  2. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Ah dude that sucks. Need a hug?
  3. Venom Well-Known Member

If it's free, I'll take it. ^_^

I also hate the fact that I went to a local store that sells games and CDs and movies and such, I usually come out with a handful of stuff but today I just got 4 or 5 CDs. I kinda made up for it later, but I hate driving over there (it's in the west side of town and I live north...eastern-ish) and not finding anything.
  4. Nazo Moderator

Vista = your problem. Not because I'm totally against Vista or anything, but it literally has compatiblity issues with 90% of games and programs in general. No joke. Unless you're good at editing the registry or Windows, there's NO point in using Vista. Always go with WinXP or Win7. Preferably Win7 since you can go up in RAM and just be up to date.

Really, I haven't heard of those games except Doom. Doom is old as dust, so it may not run at all. If you haven't, and surprising most people forget to do this, Right click Doom's launcher and run as admin, if that doesn't work, then it's just old or you may have a damaged disc. I'm sure it's just that they're old and Vista is trash, but usually running as admin will do the trick. Also make sure your firewall is allowing it, and if you have AVG for your virus protection, sometimes it'll find game installers to be trojans, so you have to allow it within the resident shield.

Oh, and if you're running 64bit version of Vista, it could be they're not 64 bit compatible.
  5. Venom Well-Known Member

I kinda got that feeling when I went to the Lucasarts website to get help for Curse of Monkey Island, and it listed issues by each version of Windows, and Vista wasn't even listed, which I took to mean that it wasn't even compatible in the first place. To be honest I wouldn't even be using Vista except this is my parents' computer and it was pre-installed, so I don't really have a choice in changing it. I'm hoping I have my old computer in my storage room at home, but I'm not sure if I do or not.
  6. Nazo Moderator

Upgrade it to 7. Won't lose anything except the bugs and shit vista plowed that computer's cherry with.
  7. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

*hugs* For you. And my hugs are always free.
  8. Venom Well-Known Member

Thx. ^_^

I hate games that, when you think you're at the end of them, they send you on a goddamn fetch quest all over the goddamn game world. Zelda: The Wind Waker was the first offender, but Lost in Shadow is the most recent one and the one I decided that I hated it when developers decide to pad their game by making you go through half the goddamn thing again. I was so pissed when I got to that point in Lost in Shadow last night that I turned it off, took it out of the Wii, and put it with some stuff I ended up trading today.
  9. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Hmn. Let's see. I'm hating the fact that people tell you "go ahead and talk to me about anything, I'll respond" and yet, when I try to talk to them, THEY DON'T RESPOND. If you don't want to talk to me, just tell me. I'm a big girl, I can handle it. BUT DON'T LEAD ME ON, MAKING ME THINK YOU'RE FINE WITH TALKING TO ME, WHEN ALL YOU'RE GONNA DO IS IGNORE ME WHEN I IM YOU. And then people wonder why I wait for them to IM me! -huff-
  10. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I hate... that I don't have money to take the bus to Ann Arbor.
  11. Venom Well-Known Member

I hate the fact that my truck is in the shop and it's going to cost $1200 to fix it. I also hate the fact that, since I don't have that kind of money, my parents are paying for it and I'll probably never hear the end of it.
  12. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

That's exactly why I refuse to borrow money from my mother. Her cackling will never cease until I pay every cent back...not that I ever have to go to her for some cash >__>;.

Um, I hate that Starfox 64 Assault is out today and I'll have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday to get it since I don't think I'll have the time to spare to stop by and pick up my reservation (though I should of waited, because Kmart is offering 15 gaming bucks -__-;).
  13. Venom Well-Known Member

I hate the fact that I want Dead Island and the new Driver game, but I can't afford both and can't decide which I want more, and if I did buy one I'd get the "where does all your money go?" shit from my parents. They assume I spend all my money on video games even though I don't, so if I did buy a game I'd just feel like I was validating them somehow anyway.
  14. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I hate that it took me forever to work out how to tune my new bass. And I hate that my bestie Cerah Johnson isn't here to complete the trifecta that is my romance with her and Kristal. I miss her. T___________T
  15. Venom Well-Known Member

I hate when games drop you into the game with your character fully upgraded without giving you any indication that this is not how your character is going to play in about 10 minutes. It makes me go "this game is awesome!" until I realize I was playing as what my character will eventually be after playing almost all the way through the game, and then I feel cheated because, despite it being something to work towards, that little taste made me want it right away. Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is a real dick because not only does it do this, but, where most games do it and then you find out you're at a later point in the game and then you flash back in time, Web of Shadows starts you out fully upgraded as the story is starting, but after something happens and you black out or something Spider-Man is like "that's how it started 4 days ago" so you think if that's how he was four days ago that's how he'll be when the game starts proper, but suddenly he's lost all his badassery even though time has moved forward instead of back. WTF?

/rant
  16. PKT Forever /a/lone

Metroid does this AFAIK every game...why?
  17. Venom Well-Known Member

First off, is AFAIK "as far as I know?" I'm too far behind on internet lingo to be sure but that's the only thing I can come up with. >_>

And yeah, Metroid pretty much always does it, but for some reason it never bothered me. I guess because Metroid games are fucking awesome (except Other M...moar liek Other MEH amirite?) from beginning to end thus making it hard to notice. Other games that do it start out awesome and then become average until your character reaches the awesome point again...maybe atmosphere has something to do with it. I've never played a game with the same intriguing atmosphere as Metroid Prime or even Super Metroid.
  18. PKT Forever /a/lone

When Nintendo does the same shit every time people go Awesome...but when other companies do it people go Not this shit again...double standards...

AFAIK = As far as I know
  19. Venom Well-Known Member

That wasn't what I was saying, but since we're on the topic...I'm not the type to complain when a company's games are always the same, I'm just complaining that too many devs start you out at a point in the game where you want to be, then take that away as soon as you get into it. I'm the type of person who plays every Dynasty Warriors (almost anyway) every Ratchet & Clank, every Uncharted, every console dungeon crawler out there, every Metal Gear Solid, and so on regardless of how little they change from game to game.
  20. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

>__> My attitude is that if it isn't broke, don't fix it when it comes to certain series/genres. As long as I'm having fun I'm okay in general! Though, what I really hate are warp puzzles. I fucking hate them, especially when you can only succeed by trial and error!