Something sad happened today...

Discussion in 'Train of Thought Archive' started by The Liztress, Jan 23, 2008.

1. The Liztress Poison Pink

Heath Ledger's death not suicide, says family - Film - Entertainment

And I don't care if you liked him or not. Seriously, he was one of the better actors I've seen. I loved him in all his films. And yeah, I loved Brokeback Mountain. I feel awful for his family and friends. But mostly, for his daughter. She'll never have him active in her life again, to hug, play with, or tuck her in.

So if you are glad he died, don't post here. I don't want to see disrespectful comments about the deceased. It's one thing I take very seriously, as I feel it isn't right to do.

R.I.P Heath Ledger
  2. Nazo Moderator

It's not sad to me at all. Lots of people die a SECOND. I'm not worried about one person, celeb or not.

I mean, sucks for his friends and family and such, but I'm not down about it.
  3. The Liztress Poison Pink

You know, Nazo. I always feel sad when someone dies before their time. Because the ones left behind are the ones who get hurt by it.
  4. Nazo Moderator

I did say it sucked about his friends and family.... <_>
  5. The Liztress Poison Pink

I know, but I was explaining how I operate.
  6. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

My thoughts mostly mirror those of Nazo's.

I feel sorry for his family, but I am indifferent about the death personally. The end is a natural part of life, and I feel it disrespectful to mourn for the death of a celebrity, simply because his name is known. What of the nameless souls that are dying at every minute? Is it proper to disregard the deaths of the masses simply to acknowledge the death of a movie star? To be entirely honest, I didn't hear this man's name until today and I haven't seen any of his movies to my knowledge.

I've the utmost respect for the deceased, but this thought process is not selective. It is for that reason that I will feel no more emotion for this death than I do for all the others that die daily.
  7. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

I don't even know if I saw a single one of his films, so this doesn't really effect me much at all.

While it's sad for his friends,family, and fans...it doesn't really effect my life in any way.
  8. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I personally hate that Heath Ledger died. He was one of my favorite actors as well and it's going to crush me everytime I watch 10 Things I Hate About you. I hope his daughter and his family the best. :/

I do care about the people who die daily. It crushes me everyday that we have a president who's unwilling to help the people who need the help the most and sends our troops basically for a killing spree as the war in Iraq is going to go on forever and ever. Our children's children will still be in Iraq.
  9. Nazo Moderator

This is why I don't pay attention to the war or politics. So I don't have to be concerned with it.
    1 people like this.
  10. Crossover Unoriginal Gangsta

I agree entirely with Legend. And before this thread, I never knew who he was. And actually, I still don't. :confused:

What was he in?
  11. Nazo Moderator

A Knight's Tale if I'm correct. I loved that movie btw.
  12. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Yuh, for one. Let's see, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Brothers Grimm, Brokeback Mountain, Lords of Dogtown, The Patriot, Montser's Ball, and Casanova. He was also going to play The Joker in The Dark Knight and they finished production, but I don't know what's happening there.
  13. Marcius THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!

I was at the gym, working out an' all and I saw his face on t.v. Then the caption below read: "BREAKING NEWS: Heath Ledger dead." The first thing that came across my head is, "Holy shit, I hope they completed filming the new Batman movie." Man, watching the new Batman film is going to be totally weird...like watching The Crow for the very first time.... At the same time of watching and enjoying the movie, I'll be thinking in the back of my head, "Wow, the guy's dead...this is surreal." Anyway, I'm not sad, just shocked.
  14. Panic Don't tase me, bro!

I never saw any of his movies, but I heard he was a pretty good actor, so R.I.P.

Also, a few news reports are saying pills were found by the bed, so maybe an accident overdose or some sort of reaction to the pills as cause of death?
  15. Marcius THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!

That's what I was thinking. From what the news reports have stated, he wasn't a drug abuser or affiliated with that sort of thing...
  16. The Liztress Poison Pink

The pills were sleeping pills. Apparently, he had some trouble getting sleep and might have accidentaly taken too many. I read that the lack of sleep was due to the disturbing nature of the character he played in The Dark Knight.
  17. Omni <b><font size=4><font color=171717>Sola Fide

He's the only person to get 2 death threads at VGC.

Good night, sweet prince.
  18. The Liztress Poison Pink

And it didn't seem like he was going to get one here until I posted it. Overall, I'm shocked but I feel really sad mainly for his daughter.
  19. CptnObvious999 Captain of all obvious!

This really sucks but it doesn't effect me too much since he wasn't in my Monkeysphere. These things happen, heck last week one of my old friends died, but although that one did effect me I try not to dwell on that which we cannot change.
  20. The Liztress Poison Pink

I'm sorry to hear about that. Death is something that can't be avoided but still I think family and close friends feel more pain than the deceased.