Sense of Justice

Discussion in 'Train of Thought' started by Rainbow Deluxe, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

People all around the world are able to keep order through their own sense of justice but are they doing everything that keeps the peace for their own intrests or for their people. Is justice something that people should rely on one person to enact or should everyone believe in their own personal justice?

I believe that justice should be created fairly, and should be executed that way. There's no sense in making a rule if all you're going to do is exclude many people from it. Just because someone has enough money to buy their way out of trouble they caused, doesn't mean it should be allowed.

Everyone always cries out for equality and fairness until it happens to them, and then they wonder why they aren't being excluded from the rule. Everything should always be looked at on a case-by-case basis, from the point of view of the people assigned to whatever happened, not by who has the most money.

So basically, I think that justice shouldn't be relied on just one person, but rather, by rules that are executed fairly.
  2. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Problem with that is, people with money tend to be the ones in charge of making the rules, and because of that are more apt to get away with breaking them. It isn't an intended consequence, but it's a necessary evil in a modern world. The best we can do is use a system of Democracy where, at the least, our leaders are held at bay if they get too corrupt.

But I agree with you mostly. It would be great if we could concoct a perfect system of justice that works well in both theory and practice.
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

Well while I think that there are broken systems out there I know I don't have the solution to replace them. So for the time being we should just work within the systems that are in place to make a better world.