Resident Evil is receiving another MOVIE, MY GOD. Also, General Video Game Movie Thread.

Discussion in 'Other Media' started by Tentei No Mai, May 15, 2011.

1. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

http://kotaku.com/5802034/next-resident-evil-movie-might-be-called-retribution-says-milla

Why? Why are receiving yet another RE flick? As much as I find Jovovich to be sexy and fun to look at and listen to I am just fed up with this schtick. The first Resident Evil movie to me is a classic in terms of quality, since it's rare to receive a decent vidya movie, but when we got into Apocalypse Country it became shit...just...shit. Hell, the only good thing about Extinction was that Ashanti got axed and that comedian guy went out like a bitch >__>. However, those are my opinions.

Besides discussing how sucky this movie is going to be...we can discuss our takes and opinions or what have you about VG Movies. The best, the worst, the potential, and our desires (seriously, the SMT series would make for a good set of movies and I would love for there to be a Persona 2 movie. I know I suck, but I've always wanted for Gwen Stefani to play Lisa Silverman >__>). Also, I totally liked Mortal Kombat, but what the fuck happened in Annihilation?
  2. Nazo Moderator

I like the RE movies. So Imfinewiththis.png
  3. Venom Well-Known Member

I didn't even like the first RE movie, so I never saw the others. About the time those oh-so-cute doggies came into the movie in the first one I was like "DONE."

But nothing could be worse than Doom. Nothing could ever be worse than that, and I believe every other director with aspirations to make a video game movie is thankful for that. Because their movie will always be better than Doom. SUPER MARIO BROS. is better than Doom. That's pretty hard to do.

All that aside, I hope the Uncharted movie doesn't suck, but it will anyway. It pretty much has to.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

._. I don't know...House of the Undead was so bad that I pinched the shit out of my comrade for forcing me to go in the first place, but...God...Doom. FUCK, ALONE IN THE DARK WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT EVEN ABOUT!? Uncharted might do okay, though...it's not out of the realm of possibility...OH, GOD, DID ANYONE EVEN SEE DEAD OR ALIVE!? IT WAS LIKE PLAYING THE VOLLEYBALL SPIN-OFFS, BUT WITH 3D PIG DISGUSTING BITCHES AND ZERO APPEAL AND ZERO GROOVULAR ACTION, WHY, JESUS, WHY DID YOU ALLOW IT TO EVEN GO STRAIGHT TO DVD!?

However, Final Fantasy The Movie had some omega issues, especially because of the uncanny crap and lack of character development and sensible plot.
  5. Nazo Moderator

Here's where I rage with critics on Movie adaptations of games. I thought RE movies, the first three, I haven't seen Afterlife, I think they're all pretty good movies. I thought Doom was win to the max. What a lot of people dislike about the adaptations is that the movie is never spot on with the game, to which I have to say... IT'S NOT FUCKING SUPPOSED TO BE. THAT'S WHY IT'S AN ADAPTION, A BASIS, A TRIBUTE IF YOU WILL. It's not going to be JUST like the game. If it was, it wouldn't be that great to watch it. You already KNOW what's going to happen. And idk about you, but if something gets spoiled, I straight up don't watch it/play it. That's why I never finished Final Fantasy VII, I watched Roger beat the game, seen the whole story and whatnot, Good ass game. But will I ever play it? No, because it's done.
  6. Venom Well-Known Member

Believe me, I'm not one to go into a game adaptation expecting it to be anything like the game, but I do expect an entertaining movie, and that is something that video game adaptations rarely are for some reason. Mortal Kombat was fun to watch but Annihilation was boring as hell, Super Mario Bros. was just stupid, Doom made no sense to me, FF: The Spirits Within was a nice visual spectacle but not much else...the point is it seems like when adapting a game the production team doesn't do anything to make the movie appealing to fans of the games or to moviegoers in general.
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

At least any terrible video game movie beats Dragon Ball Evolution. I mean, my God, it was a long time since I felt embarrassed to be fujoshi.
  8. Venom Well-Known Member

I couldn't even bring myself to watch that movie because I just knew of the godawful horrors lurking within that DVD case. Clearly I didn't miss anything.
  9. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

You know what was REALLY godawful even though it has nothing to do with video game movies? Jason X. I mean, JASON VOORHEES IS IN THE FUCKING FUTURE ON A ROCKET SHIP HACKING KIDS THAT ARE DRESSED FOR A FUCKING 96' RAVE DESPITE BEING OVER 400 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE AND I'M SUPPOSE TO FEEL HORRIFIED!? MY GOD, I COULDN'T TAKE THAT SHIT SERIOUSLY AND I WATCHED KUNG POW.
  10. Nazo Moderator

OMG. I debated myself so hard to see that DragonBall movie. I finally decided I'm not going to spend money on a potentially guaranteed shitstorm of fail. And I totally agree on the Jason X movie. That made me want to just kill a baby.
  11. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

No one cares that they are not spot on adaptations(No one who's opinion matters anyway). The reason I stopped watching RE films is because they are awful. I have seen the first two and pieces of the fourth. The second one killed the series for good for me, and the bits and peices I saw of the fourth did nothing but support this mindset. Doom as well, along with most video game adapations.

The reason that game adaptation usually suck is because most video games have shit stories, as long as the gameplay is good it really doesn't matter what the story is. With most video game based movies it is always terrible acting, non cohesive plots, and just a crap load of action. When you base an entire movie on a really shitty story, chances are everything else will b really shitty as well.

When I was 14 I would watch a movie for its action but I do not really find interest in action alone anymore. I need something more, some sort of substance within the plot progression and character development or the poetry of the dialogue or even on some circumstances just some good old fashioned acting(As opposed to psuedo acting[see most low budget action film stars]) to get me to feel some sort of mental stimulation.
  12. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

OH, OKAY, SO LIKE, I DID WATCH AFTERLIFE RECENTLY, RIGHT, AND MY GOD, IT KEEPS GETTING FUCKIER AND FUCKIER. Spoilers, but I don't think anyone cares so...

How the hell are you going to use the first 20 or so minutes as a means of disposing the Alice Clones, setting up Wesker as Uber Bad (not), and having Alice default to Level 5? AND ON TOP OF THAT NOTHING MADE SENSE EVEN WHEN THE REDFIELD SIBLINGS WERE LIKE "HI, WE'RE GOING TO LIVE LONGER THAN YOU POOR SCHMUCKS) AND COMBINE IT WITH AMNESIA? AND on top of that the death scenes for the meat bags were soooooo unoriginal. Either they got killed by those face-licker things or just got chopped. Suddenly, Apocalypse is a fucking masterpiece to me. A MASTERPIECE TO ME, GOD. I know it's not going to be possible for video game movies to stay consistent like them geimus, but GOD. Whatever happened to that girl from Apocalypse? I thought she was K-mart at first, but then obvious that didn't make any sense, but what does? WHAT MAKES SENSE.

Still better than Dead or Alive, House of the Dead, and other shit, though and I did like the action sequences and Chris Redfield was kind of studly, and I did like some of the one-liners, but disregard that, because I'm a cornball.
  13. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

The one I had a problem with was Silent Hill. I loved that game. I mean, loved it. But they didn't even show Pyramid Head was the real bad guy, just that village of fuck heads. Stupid.

I fell asleep during the DBZ movie, and each time I woke up, I asked my friend, "Can Goku fly yet?" and since the answer was always no, I went back to sleep. Slept through the whole thing. Best decision ever.
  14. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

>__> I wish I would of done that with Resident Evil Apocalypse, Stephers and I raged that Pyramid Head didn't molest him some dead nurses.
  15. Venom Well-Known Member

My problem with Pyramid Head's appearance was that he shouldn't have even been in it...due to the fact that he was the embodiment of the main character of SH2's wrongdoings in the game world, in the movie world he was pretty much just spectacle. Granted, I'm used to them taking liberties with game adaptations, but they could have really stuck any old boss from the first SH game in there instead of using a character who had a deeper meaning than "OMG MONSTER!"
  16. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Honestly, they should of just went with Silent Hill 2 and made a direct movie out of that. It would of worked well, I'm sure of it! Oh, but at least the movie made use of some of my favorite tracks.
  17. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

That would have been better indeed. They could at least have made a second one, and done better, including Pyramid Head. I mean, seriously. Fix your mistake.
  18. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, yeah, and Fist of the North Star fucking sucked as a movie. It's kind of game-related since there ARE games for it, but how can you fuck up something that practically writes itself?
  19. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Just movie adaptions in general kind of frustrate me. Usually I can view them as separate entities, but sometimes they decide to mess with my favorites in various categories, and they usually fuck it up pretty bad. Makes me angry.
  20. Venom Well-Known Member

They are making a second one, but it's skipping over SH2 and doing SH3. I guess it makes sense since SH3 follows 1 in terms of story but they'll probably either shoehorn Pyramid Head in again or completely leave him out, which will leave them without much to work with as far as scary monsters. But if they include a few of those things with friggin punching bags for arms they'll be all right.