Request a review

Discussion in 'Other Media' started by Pie, Jan 25, 2011.

1. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'm requesting one on FFVII and SMB1.
  2. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

FFVII - 9/10:

Used to be my favorite game of all time. Playing back on it now though, I see it has a lot of flaws that I missed out on then. Sometimes glitchy gameplay mechanics, blocky field models, very little difficulty, these are the three big flaws that come to mind when I think of the bad points on this game. On the other hand, the materia system is still pretty intrinsically fun to tinker around with, and it offers enough variety and options to sort of play the game however you want. When I play through the game these days, I generally assign each character a traditional FF class (Red Mage, Warrior, etc.), then give them materia to match.

I love the entire environment and world of this game, and really, aside from the field models the graphics aren't particularly bad either. Even today, it really immerses you into the world that's been created, sometimes even more than modern games can manage. It's one of the few games I still play today, if infrequently. But even then, I've beaten it so many times that it just doesn't often provide much interest for me. Even now, a single run through can take 20 hours or more. The fun it provides isn't really enough to warrant that kind of investment.

I'd give it a 9, just for old time's sake. It's probably closer to my heart than any game has been. And since I don't obsess over games like I used to, it's most likely the closest one ever will be.

Gameplay: 8/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Sound: 10/10
    Story: 9/10

Super Mario Brothers 1: 7/10

Original NES title, lots of nostalgia for this one as well. I don't ever remember beating the original NES version, but I played Super Mario Deluxe (GBC) considerably back when it came out. It's fun to play, even now, even if it is a little easy, not to mention ridiculously short, provided you know what you're doing. Still, it's aged pretty well when you think about it. The audio and visuals are nothing compared to what's possible today, but the game knew its limits and never exceeded them. The music is ridiculously catchy, even if it's just bleeps and bloops, and somehow the visuals never really leave much to be desired. The world is colorful, it's dazzling, and it's exactly what you need to complete the game and complete it in style.

I'm giving this one a 7. It's a classic, and a great game, it's just not one I look back to particularly often. And I've more nostalgia towards other games than this one.

Gameplay: 7/10
    Graphics: 8/10
    Audio: 8/10
    Story: N/A
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

Any Persona Title and any Metroid title.
    Legend of Zelda OoT.

Also thank you legend.