Relationships

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by Pie, Jul 25, 2009.

1. PKT Forever /a/lone

I have been in a few of them so far and I wanted something long term but this wasn't the case usually with the other party. I'm really looking more for a soul mate. Some people might say that at my age, 20. That I should be dating more for fun and to find what I want instead of something more than that. Either way after searching for a while I noticed that I need to get myself together before I try to do any more searching.
  2. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

So what did you want everyone else to talk about? Their experiences with relationships or how you can achieve what you want through our advice?
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm the same. I'm not interested in a short-term relationship just for fun. And while I don't believe in something like a 'soul mate' (I think it's silly to believe there's exactly one good person for you out there), it'd be great if I could find someone who I could just get along well enough to spend the rest of my life with them.
  4. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'm trying to get an idea of what you guys feel works for you.
  5. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I'm not a fan of dating just for fun, I would love something long term. But nothing has really ever lasted for me since I hit high school, and now I find anyone to even go on one date with. V.V
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I was never much of a dater to begin with. A lot of people in our age bracket (and below/beyond) think that dating should be all about the hook-ups and shenanigans until it's time to settle down, but it's not the kind of thing that will float EVERY boat. Like Stephy I prefer long term since...well...it makes for less complications in the long run if you ask me. Call me lazy, but I think it's too much work to date for the sake of dating. In fact, most of my teenage life was spent hanging out with comrades and flying solo if you take away all the blind dates I was forced to endure. Oh, and double dating. My comrade Lori comes from a strict household, so the only way she could get "friendly" with a guy was if it was in a group setting which meant that I had to get involved in SOME kind of way. Pain in the ass. Once I got to college I became more of a social recluse, so dating was out of the question until mai haanii began stalking me. Once I went on a date with mai haanii I kept at it (he was interested in me as a potential partner in life, not a fuck toy) and well...it just worked out super. I forgot how long we've been together, but I take it as a good thing. When I count the days for any reason it's usually because I'm bored to tears or waiting for a game/movie/book release.

My point in saying all that? You really don't need to go on pointless dates for the hell of it. Know what you want, trust your inner love guru, and well, have your shit together. However, if you want to date for well...the sake of it, that's not a problem either!
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

I thought about long term but nowadays I figure I doubt I could tolerate that even with a perfect person. I'm too much of a loner I guess.
  8. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

There's a guy that I'm very interested in... actually two, because with my luck I fell for them both AT THE EXACT SAME TIME! V.V
    Unfortunately for me, they are both Resident Advisors, and one of them is on my floor (right next door, actually) which makes it even moar frowned upon. And the other is on the floor below me but advises the Leadership Advisory Board of which I am the Vice President of Records (I take minutes and manage finances). It sucks. But the one that lives next door, Michael, said he has something to tell me in April regarding why I get rejected for hugs. O.O
  9. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Sweet Jesus, Stephy. You're doing WAY more than I've ever done during my early years at college. I don't think I even knew my R.A.'s name. Pushing that aside, I wonder why you get the no-no for body contact, because it can't be serious at all. Also, it's good to go for someone with ambition, so even though some people might not like it I say go for Mr. Leadership. Assuming that you want to. Then again, it's always better to wait and see how things go when feelings are involved. I think, anyway. Still, hang in there!

As for you, Pie...here's my two cents (even though you didn't ask for them >__>). There is no problem with being a loner. Not bad at all. In fact, I can be a bit of one myself. I think a long term relationship can work for you just as long as you're with someone who's bit of a loner, too. That way, when you want me-time it shouldn't be a problem since your forever buddy would appreciate it if you give her the same thing. I think...anyway.
  10. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Haha, I didn't know my most of my R.A's last year, but I know all the R.As in the building this year and am friends with all of them. I was even thinking of applying to be an R.A myself, but decided against it. And I did go for the Leadership one, I got rejected in October, but the pesky feelings won't go away even though I desperately want them to. And I was talking to him this morning, and he was at work and said he left a sleeping woman and a warm bed for work, and I was all sad like, and still kinda am.
    As for the other one, Michael, he takes his job extremely seriously, which is kind of understandable, it's his first year as an RA and he's a really good one. But I wanna know why he won't hug me. He didn't have a problem with it before. V.V
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Y'know, guys can be just as hard to figure out as women and sometimes that just piss me off. I mean, if the reason is adorable, like "I get nervous 'cause you're so cute" then I'm kind of okay with that, but still. Sorry that the guy didn't go for a yay, but maybe your feelings will dissipate over time. It's easy to tell someone to get over it, yet it's actually the most difficult thing that person can do in such a situation. I bet it'll be really easy if you're occupied with someone more...inviting, hehe. Also, I have this comrade who used to always leave a bedroom with a sleeping woman in it, but he's a bit of a man whore >__>;.
  12. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Haha, Steve is one of two people at the center of what is known as The Web. The Web is housing staff who have slept with each other or residents, and it's quite vast. The other person at the center is a girl named Sher. But I don't know if he's really a man whore or not. And what you say it's true, it is quite difficult. But as he himself told me there's a greater ratio of guys to girls in the world right now. XD
  13. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

I have a girlfriend now. But, there was a point where I just didn't understand women. I mean...I still don't. But a few years ago, it got to a point where I just said "Fuck it. Girls aren't worth it." It wasn't because I couldn't talk to them- I could easily begin a conversation with any person, at anytime (I'm weird like that)- it was more of wondering if so and so girl thought about me the same. My problem was I either waited too long and the girl lost interest, OR I would be going after the wrong girl completely. The latter happened a lot...so I just gave up looking for any girl. Now that I look back, that was probably a blessing in disguise- my grades got better, I was a better friend, and I finally got a decent job.

Then a good friend of mine introduced me to my future girlfriend. And the rest is history.
  14. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

I haven't met a woman yet who understands me enough to be worth keeping. I've tried, I've given particular girls overt chances over and over again, even if I wasn't sure they deserved them, and still kept being led to dead ends. It's almost entirely worthless to pursue now, so I'm not even going to worry about it. I'm fine with the next few years being fly-by physical contact with females, whatever. It'd be nice to have something substantial but that's not going to happen. I'm too high-minded, too aware, to knowing of people. Ever meet a nice girl and then realize she hangs out with the worst people ever? That shit is hilariously terrible because you see how its affected her, how its brought out her faults, and you can only shake your head. MAN. Guys suck too, because most gay men aren't highly attractive, intelligent, tasteful, and interesting enough for me to have a connection with, but I'm even pickier with men so that's an even worse rabbit hole. Also: Men are too easy.
  15. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

For me, it's not that I have high standards, or don't understand guys, because neither of those things is true. It's just that no one is ever interested in me. I mean... whenever I have feelings, and actually get up the guts to make those feelings known, usually it's to guys I've been friends with for a while and have casually developed feelings for over time, and they basically go "Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute here... you're a great friend, but no. Just... no."
  16. PKT Forever /a/lone

I've got down into that whole friend zone thing with a few of the more decent women I like. I guess it can't be helped really but I'm sitting back doing what nature destiny and God wants so I guess I'll have to wait and see how things go in the end.
  17. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

That's what I'm doing as well. Rumor has it that RA Michael might have a thing for me, but I doubt it. Especially since that rumor originates from Ashley who hasn't spent a lot of time with Michael and she's going off of things I've recounted for her. >.>
  18. PKT Forever /a/lone

Sounds like he could have something for you too.
  19. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I remain skeptical.
  20. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

[IMG]

.__. Wow, so even Zackarino had moments of Love Apathy or whatever that crap is called. Also, even I wonder who would be the absolute perfect choice for Mic, because there are a lot of prerequisites involved. Like, being capable of holding a conversation that doesn't involve what The Situation and Snookie is up to this week. Hm, I think it'll be best not to change classes and remain a Skeptic, Steph. After all, hearsay can sometimes be heresy (that is so going to be my new sn).

Since first-hand experience with relationships not involving comradeship or family ties is at a low for me...I guess I'll relegate myself to Nonsense Talker.