Rant of the day thread

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Rainbow Deluxe, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Sooo pretty much, just rant about anything that's happened. I kinda have a couple of rants I'd like to get off my chest, so I'll split them up.

The first one is about certain friends that seem to run away whenever the conversation starts to get deep or start to involve feelings. Usually they're of the male variety, but I've had a couple of girl friends that get all itchy and ready to change the subject on that type of stuff, too. It just, it irritates me because I mean, I know I can be a very intense person and I like to just, get straight to the point about certain things that have upset me, especially if it's that person that's upset me, but at the same time, if you're willing to cause the pain, I think you should be able to listen to when you have. Or why you've upset me. But even when it's not that kind of feelings. Even if it's a "hey, you know, you're a great friend and I just wanted to let you know I love talking to you and spending time with you and just, being near you," they tend to turn around in another direction. I mean, have we become so anti-social, that we can't even tell each other how we feel without making the other person uncomfortable? It's just insane, to me. :/

Secondly, I'm getting REALLY fed up with all the hypocrisy at work. I've always hated hypocrites, it's always been that one flaw in a person that I have a really hard time looking passed, yet it turns up in almost everything I do. For example, my co-worker, Darlene, and I were working really well today, getting all the freight out and doing what we were told. Then, our department manager, comes up to us and tells us that it would be better if Darlene and I worked on different carts, so that way we can get freight out faster. So, walking outside and getting my own cart of freight, I walk back inside, and see the department manager, and two co-workers, not only working on ONE CART OF FREIGHT, but just standing there, laughing. So, as I was walking by, I said loudly "Gee, I wish I was one of Paula's favorites, so that way I could work in a group and not get told that it's better if I work by myself." So then of course the rest of the day, she was including me in all of there inside jokes and even invited me out to lunch, which since I was leaving at 1, I declined. But it just, ugh. I just hate fake people so much. I mean, I shouldn't even have to be putting my department manager in her place like that. She should honestly treat everyone the same, and if she tells two associates they can't work together, I don't see how others shouldn't get the same treatment, even if they are friends.
  2. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, wow, that's like a double D size of weight there (since you're getting it off your chest. Get it? Double D, Bra Size, Chest? God, don't hit me!).

I have to admit that I squirm a little when feelings are all over the place since I come from the kind of family that bitches, but never have 7th Heaven moments. Oh, but if there's an issue or three and you need to vent it out I'm always willing to listen even if I'm the offender. Actually, I think I tend to blank out if it's stuff like "Oh, I just think you're the bestest friend in the whole wide world and I wuv you <3<3<3" since I don't take to praise as well as I take to "I THINK WHAT YOU DID THE OTHER DAY WAS VERY OFFENSIVE YOU FREAKIN' SCREWBALL". In the end I will listen and accept what's coming to me instead of playing the avoidance game. Hmm, maybe it's because the way we socialize with each other has dramatically changed? It's easy to IM or text someone whatever the hell you want to communicate, but the moment you are face to face your social skills plummet. I honestly couldn't tell you why people do that.

Also, good placement of the dumbassery with your manager. The favorites game should never come about in the work place and fakeness is never cool. I mean, if I don't particularly like you I won't be rude, but I most definitely wouldn't be "HEY GIRLFRIEND OMIGAWD U R AWSUM" with you either. I think that's part of the reason I was never sociable with most girls (not to say that guys don't act fake to each other either, but it just seems to happen less).
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Gah, this is how I feel at my work sometimes. I swear, retail is filled with the most gossipy cliques you can imagine. It's not quite as bad for me; I work bakery, manager runs two departments, mostly sticks to the other one, but it can be a pain sometimes for different reasons. One thing I hate: managers/coworkers talking shit on you behind your back, while being unwilling to say anything to your face. If you have a problem with the way I work, for fuck's sake, tell me. At least then I can do something about it. Don't go whining behind my back and then say, "Oh, no, you're a great worker" when it comes to telling me something to my face. Then leave me confused when I notice you're getting mad suddenly over completely trivial things. When my manager has a problem with the way I'm doing things, I shouldn't constantly have to hear about it from someone else.
  4. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

David, I know exactly how you feel. One of my co-workers used to constantly complain about how I was always "standing at the register" (even though that's all she ever did), "talking too much" (even though, again, that's all she ever does), and that I never do anything but just stand around (despite the fact that in my previous rant, I talked about working freight, and I also take out the trash at night, incidentally the same fucking trash that she should be taking out during the day so that NIGHT SHIFT doesn't have a billion things to do), yet she won't EVER say this to my face. Always tells me how great of a worker I am, tells me that I've been a good asset to the Garden Center, and has even told me that she loves working with me. I mean, I honestly don't mind when people say things behind my back, because let's face it, everyone does it. But when someone straight up lies to me, even when they know that the people they've been complaining to about me are my friends too and will tell me, I just can't handle that, and I'm a person that confronts people. And what honestly kills me, like it seriously makes me drop to the ground laughing, is that I'm only 22 years old, and she's 45. She's a 45 year old woman, yet still acts like she's in high school. Now is that just not hilarious!?
  5. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

<__< My mother is eternally 17 and she's a few years older than that bitch of an employee, but she will ALWAYS let you know how she feels about you to your face, no literal back-talk. I feel that once you reach a certain age you should at least PRETEND you have maturity. I haven't truly worked retail before, but that's what I hear-gossip is an all time high with those fuckwads. Even at Books-a-Million everyone was somewhat civil and our manage was a tough love kind of gal, so no issues with her or past managers. Where I work now...hmm, there's gossip, but it's more of the "I hear that Donna is a gigantic Wendy William's fan, but she just doesn't seem the type..." variety, so it's really manageable.

Also, why is it so necessary to tell everyone else but the "offender" your problems anyway? It just leads to confusion and physical assault, y'know? I prefer to be direct even if it means getting into some kind of conflict or at the very least bitch to people who aren't involved at work.
  6. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

You think about it though, there's prolly a reason these people have been working in low-level retail for 10-15 years. Telling everyone but the offender is great if you want to be liked. Not so great if you actually want your workers to do a good job, which is what you need to do to make it up the food chain.

Anyway, my current rant: the WEATHER. I was supposed to go to Ireland today, but stupid snowstorms cancelled my flight. Dammit. T_T Scheduled to leave tomorrow morning, hopefully it won't be delayed again.
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

Here's my rant. I just tend to be highly dissatisfied with life for reasons I won't go into. Times like these I think about how aliens and espers and what not exist and why I'm not one of them. I just want to be somewhere else.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Sou-to, I didn't really see it that way. Pretty realistic now that I think about since regardless of how hard you work or your qualifying skills just knowing someone and being well liked is enough to advance. Sad, but true. Also, I'm sure you're not the only one that feels that way, Pie! Dissatisfaction is par for the course these days. Why couldn't we be something else? Like, say, a magical girl or a power ranger or maybe even a Gundam pilot? Sometimes daydreaming is the only way to deal with life's crap -__-;.

Ah, lately I haven't been feeling the need to rant...but if I was to pick something I'd go with certain members of my family. They assume that just because I have a job and an education I'm suppose to be Daddy Longlongs. I have my OWN issues to deal with it, so why the hell should I give a damn about you needing money for a pack of smokes or a ride to the gas station? At least try and be independent, people!
  9. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

At this point in time, I'm really effing sick and tired of people thinking that Chris "controls" me. And when I say people, I mean my idiot friends Hemel, Jensen, and Tom. And honestly, it's not that they think he controls me. They just don't understand what it's like to be in a long-term relationship, considering two out of the three are virgins and have never been in a relationship with a woman, unless you want to count Hemel's messed up relationship with Amelia. No, what they're really upset about is that they're actually jealous of Chris and my relationship because they want what we have. So instead of being good friends and congratulating me, they find the dumbest shit to nitpick over, and then constantly go on and on and on and on and on about the subject. I mean, I understand they don't like him. He doesn't like most of my friends anyway. But he's not going on and on about how much of douchebags they can be towards me, or how unfriendlike they treat me. Plus, they don't have to like him. But I would kind of like my friends to actually respect my feelings, and understand that I don't want someone constantly ragging on my boyfriend. My boyfriend who is actually a very good boyfriend, treats me very well, and takes care of me the best he can. Granted I have problems, but no couple is perfect. Besides, if I wanted all of my friends to like Chris, well then, I'd probably have no friends.
  10. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oy, that is a pain in the ass. And I've never gotten that impression of Kurisu-kun being an abusive little control hog, but that's me. Y'know, my comrade Cory has been with his girlfriend since college and even though I really don't like the girl for a host of reasons (I'll rant about her if she ever gets on my nerves enough to warrant it), but she treats Cory well, so far be it from me to bitch and moan about her to him since it's MY issue. I'm sure she complains about me, but it probably lasts a few minutes and she gets over it. It's important to separate your personal issues with the true issues when dealing with a comrade's significant other. Otherwise, you'll come across as being a douche and if there IS a problem (domestic abuse, documented cheating, crystal meth) it'll be difficult to communicate it if your comrade is all weary of your shenanigans. Long story made short -> You don't have to like the guy/gal, but don't take it out on your comrade.

Ah...the vending machine at work stole my dollar >__>;. I'm a little hurt about that.
  11. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Underwear. Men who go to locker rooms to change need UNDERWEAR. OR A TOWEL. I MEAN, FOR FUCK'S SAKE, ANYTHING TO COVER ONE'S AREA.

FUCK.
  12. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Ah...ew. Well, probably ew. I used to hate it when some of the girls would shave and trim certain areas of their...purses and slots, but wouldn't get rid of the evidence. That's why I stopped using the locker room LONG ago.
  13. PKT Forever /a/lone

Tried to do some online shopping recently and it turns out Netflix won't take reloadable cards and I can't get my main runescape account unbanned unless I pay them cash.
  14. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Just kinda irritated that I've had a tumblr for almost a year now, and yet people are now acting as if they've discovered it, despite it being around even longer than I've know what it was.
  15. PKT Forever /a/lone

Honestly worried about this odd mystery surrounding my life involving time travel aliens demons and other odd thing that seems to surround me so much. I keep having flashback to those days where the pains were unbearable and no one seemed to believe a word and the few who seemed to slightly understand couldn't help very much any how. The truth of it all seems stranger than some of the fiction I've read and it may just kill me someday but alas I could end up living and wondering but it may feel at times worse than death. It seems the life we have here on this planet and the so called after life are all so unfair and messed up that it seems countless souls had to suffer and die for us to live in the comforts we so often take for granted, I can't really look at people with out thinking of all of the wasted potential that had to sit there and culminate over eons just so people like us could waste our time.

In summation I'd like to say that there's not much that I feel like I can do recently. I feel my consciousness becoming inwardly focused and I did my best that way. I don't think that liking people will really work out for me. I don't think I like living or dying or death or much any more.
  16. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I was supposed to go to King John's Castle today but I couldn't, because my sister slept in. T_T
  17. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

...Whoa, Pie. Also, Sou-to, you should've slapped your sister thrice over since I'd be damned if some sibling is going to fuck up MY GODDAMN ARRIVAL TO AN AWESOME CASTLE. or really, anywhere fun. Also...what is a tumblr again? I'm no good with these social networking sites ;_;.

I am so sick and tired of my little cousin Sentaro (okay, so my jap-faggotry never ends, sue me) calling because he's 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, because every time he tries calling her...no answer. It's pathetic for his mother to be so damn childish and distant, and I wish Sentaro would realize that she's been doing this ever since he was like, 2. It also frustrates me that I have more of a parental instinct than the mother and I FUCKING HATE KIDS. I mean, seriously! You don't fuck around and pop out little bastards and then say "Well, I'll leave them to you while I go on an Ecstasy run" so the more responsible members of the family have to play House. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!

Over it now.
  18. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Tumblr is a really great website, Mai-Mai! It's pretty much a blogging site, like blogger or livejournal, except it's more of a collection of pictures and GIFs rather than telling your life story. Of course, you can make personal posts, and that usually even garners you more followers, but it's mainly for pictures and GIFs. I've become addicted to it in the last almost year that I've had it, but that's just me. xD

Anddd my rant today is the fact that I'm just so sick of people never really listening to when I talk. Like, I'll go and say something, and then someone just starts talking as if I hadn't even said anything, or they usually ignore what I said and I'll have to repeat it two or three times to even get them to respond. They're also really bad at just walking away whenever I'm talking to them, and it irritates me. It's fine if you don't want to talk to me. If you think I'm boring or just uninteresting or bland, then that's cool. But don't get offended when I say that I enjoy talking or working with other people because they actually respond to me when I talk to them, and then just start acting like a total douche when I'm talking to you. It's a silly thing to get offended over, when you're not even going to try and change it.
  19. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

So, that's what Tumblr is all about? I just thought it was all...tweety. Also, that's a bit arrogant for people to get bent out of shape about not being paid attention to even though they suck at having a decent conversation and being...well, attentive. I might accidentally talk over you, but that's because I thought you were finished and I wanted to respond, but I think that's the worst I've done to people.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I really don't have much to rant about. I'm still a bit miffed over the 3DS's pricing and launch titles, but if Legend of Zelda OoT is released on Day 1 I can get over it.
  20. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

More restaurants and fast food joints need to have free refills. Greatest. Thing. Ever.