PSN Down

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by a legacy reborn, Apr 26, 2011.

1. a legacy reborn The one and only

Playstation Network has been down for nearly a week now due to issues with their networked believed to be caused by a Hacker. This was done to Sony as a retaliation of their treatment of other hackers specifically GeoHot who is probably one of the most famous hackers of our time. It should also be mentioned that while it is not for sure there are rumors that user credit card information have been leaked and are spreading across the internet, it is recommended to take appropriate precautions with your credit card.

What do you think? IMO it is kind of sad that Sony has yet to bring PSN back online, but I guess that's why it's free right?
  2. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

It's absolutely Sony's fault that the hackers were able to get credit card information. They stored that data in text, with absolutely no encryption. The security for PSN is an absolute failure and there needs to be some type of punishment to the idiots that made it so easy for fucking hackers to easily see and obtain credit card information.

Also
    [IMG]
  3. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Sorry for double posting, but to those who have PSN, please cancel your credit cards. It's not worth the risk.
  4. a legacy reborn The one and only

That is true. I think they got what they deserved for what they did to George. Still...sad that the customers have to pay for it.
  5. PropMaster Smurfly

I dont even know how to respond here. They tried to clone XBOX Live got it about 1/4 as good then failed to secure their customers?

FAIL
  6. a legacy reborn The one and only

+1
  7. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Another nail in the coffin perhaps? Things are not looking good for Sony. Big titles keep floping, playstation move is getting cancelled, and now the biggest slap in the face. Online gaming is the future and Sony is not only proving to be horrible for gaming online, but now they are an unsafe way to do it as well. FREE is not powerful enough a concept to keep them people comming back, especially with how cheap the competition is.

(semi irrelevant rant alert)
    The next generation of gaming is beginning to form, I am all for a single major gaming system so I don't have to worry about all these games I can not own because I went with option A instead of option B. My hope is for Nintendo to stay out of the serious gaming limelight and for Sony to just combust upon itself and dwindle into nothing, leaving Microsoft as the only console that games worth playing are produced for. It is not that I am a Microsoft fanboy(I was until having experienced both systems pro sony all the way), I am a me fanboy, and what is better for myself is for only one worthy console to exist.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm just so grateful that I've never used a credit card for PSN. Anyway, what the hell was Sony thinking, because based on what I've read...there were some pretty idiotic moves played out. And what's the deal with not immediately telling everyone what was going on? Geesh, I still love you Sony, but you're not doing too well, are you? This is what makes me yearn for the days of good ol' fashion gaming without the online components and gimmicks -__-;. The best multiplayer is on the couch, slapping your peeps around for using a blue shell 'cause YOU WERE SO KICKING ASS.
  9. a legacy reborn The one and only

Microsoft has huge flaws in it's support system, granted it is not the network itself but it still leaves wholes. I am hoping for an all together better console and I don't care who provides it as long as it is amazing.
  10. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

._. So, would getting Xbox Live be a bad idea then? Once I get a new TV I'm going to hook up my new slim 360, so I was thinking about trying Live for a little while.
  11. a legacy reborn The one and only

I would...there is a free month trial on your account and almost every game you purchase will come with a free 48 hour. Not to mention I'm sure someone could give you a live card, either through a contest or out of the goodness of their heart.
  12. Nazo Moderator

Ahaha... Good job, Sony. Lets make a FREE online server where people can play all their online games with everyone around the world... but not include a decent security service. That is why you pay for XBL. The server is higher tier, the security is superior, and they actually BAN modders and hackers caught. Sony can only ban an account, and to make a new one is free. They were just asking for the world's trolls to go batshit crazy.
  13. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I guess I'll be giving Live a shot then, Legacy!
  14. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Wtf, Mai...Live is the greatest thing ever. Where have you been, woman?

Also, the problem isn't that Sony got hacked- it happens. The problem was how the hackers were able to easily get personal information. And the fact that they're only speculating that the hackers did obtain the information just shows how far-off and unprepared they were by leaving said information out "in the open." There is absolutely NO excuse whatsoever why none of it was encrypted, and was a total lack of consumer info protection on their part.

Also- http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1164392p1.html
    Class action lawsuit filed against Sony. Thank fucking goodness.
  15. Nazo Moderator

Sony's servers have always been terrible. I can't play on them. I lag considerably and the few games I would play multi on (CoD) are full of modders and shit. That's my problem with Sony. They don't know how to do shit properly. They wanted to appeal to the people that payed for multiplayer privileges like Xbox Live. They wanted to be better than M$. They are in many aspects, but multiplayer platforms? No.
  16. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

>__> I was never really into online content, so shut the fuck up. Multiplayer is as easy as banana phoning a comrade over goddammit! NOT ONLY THAT, I'M CHEAP. VERY, VERY CHEAP, AND I DON'T PLAY WELL WITH STRANGERS. Well, whatever!

Of course Sony was going to get the class action'd, I mean, Sony so dropped the ball on this one. 'course, I never knew how sucky their security was until now and I always fubbed my information a bit just in case, but since I'm still pissed off at Sony for not allowing Suikoden I and II, and that lovely Devil Summoner port to appear on U.S. PSPs...I say it's time for a little revenge.

LET'S ALL SUE SONY, YOU GUYS, WE HAVE TO FIGHT THE POWAH, IT'S THE ONLY WAY, God I should go back to sleep.
  17. Nazo Moderator

I like the sound of that :cool:

[IMG]