Playstation Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tentei No Mai, Jun 7, 2011.

1. PKT Forever /a/lone

I saw a Go for 160-180 or something like that last time I looked. PSP's are more affordable than before more feature packed than Nintendo systems in some ways.
  2. Nazo Moderator

My first character I sorta fucked up on. It's a Beast Hunter. Right now she's a level 120. But the Nano Blast for Beasts is so fucking stupid. So I have no "special" ability. I don't use it. But she's fairly powerful, and I have a good arsenal of weapons. Trying to find more shit, so I switched her Type to Vanguard. Type determines what you find, so I'm switching on her. They find some really good Hunter weapons earlier than hunters. >_>

Second char is a Cast Ranger. Which is what they're supposed to be. Cast have the highest ATA, but the lowest Elemental defense and ELM-Effect defense. They also for some reason have low physical defense, but have high attack. Wtf since does that make? Level 58. Not a fan of Mechguns, Dual handguns, or handguns... I'm running with Rifles, Launchers, and a wand to heal. All I do is mostly get that chain up, and charge blast them. If you haven't tried launchers, I suggest you do. They're slow, but shit yeah AOE.

Third character I just started. She's a 15. Newman Force. I only did a force to experiment with the spell casting in the game. It's not bad, but it's sorta silly you have to attach magic to weapons to use it, but I guess it saves on a lot of button use. PSO's spell system was only successful on the PC. You could have basically every spell set on the number board. Turns out, though, it's not bad. It's fun, and they made Forces a bit more... durable. There is one boss I'm having a problem with, though. He can only be hit from the front, and he charges at you. FO's have low HP, so I get fux'd everytime. I'm trying to level up, but with only 3 open mission's unlocked, that's not easy... Thinking about just taking the bitch online and seeing if people will halp me there.

Onto the Vita. I'm not THAT excited. I haven't seen any games that really appeal to me that much. I don't have a job anymore either so even if I wanted one, I couldn't get it. :\
  3. Darth Arkas RC-1138

I'm just going to stick to PC and 360 for the time being. I will probably need to find a way to cash out for a decent desktop, because my laptop will see me trying to install Battlefield 3 probably, look at me funny, and BSOD my ass because it knows as well as I do that BF3 won't run for SHIT.

PSO 2 and TOR ftw?
  4. Nazo Moderator

Roger Smith just bought a REALLY nice Gaming Laptop. It can run Crysis pretty damn well. Gets up to about 76ºC, (around 166ºF) But it plays damn well. Since it's an Intel core, it'll shut down if it gets too hot, so it seems to be fine. Only thing is, it costed 1500 Ca-chings. So... yeah. I'm a desktop person myself. This is apparent. I run Crysis Two on Ultra settings pretty well, but Anti-Aliasing will rape my face. Plus; I have a good sized monitor, no need for AA.
  5. Darth Arkas RC-1138

Desktop is the way to go for gaming mainly because of the heat and power requirements. Easier to cool, easier to upgrade and change parts, etc. Easier to maintain lol. Stuff just runs better on a desktop. It doesn't get moved around as much, and it's just cheaper to make and build.
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I like desktops in general, so I'd rather get a desktop if I'm going to PSO2 my ass off (I mean, the most I've ever PC gamed was Septerra Core, Myst, visual novels, and eroge). Though, I'm not really that knowledgeable on specs, so if I do buy a new desktop I'll have to do my research.

Though, there's only like one title I'd want for the Buitah, so I might just let that be next year's birthday present if my parents don't go "FUCK YOU, YOU'RE OLD, WHY ARE YOU SO OLD, BUY IT YOURSELF, LOSER" >__>.
  7. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I've never gamed much on a computer. Because all I've ever had are shittastic computers that barely run Runescape. T_______T
  8. Venom Well-Known Member

It's the same with me. I played The Sims and sometimes Diablo a few years ago but now I don't even own any games except Diablo, and it's not even installed. I just can't find any reason to play games on PC much when I don't have to worry about whether or not a console will play something or not.
  9. Darth Arkas RC-1138

I understand both sides of the argument. I personally prefer a controller in hand, it's just more comfortable to me. PC tends to have better communication, considering the keyboard and all, as well as voice options (both in game and Vent, etc). For whatever reason, I have noticed that on games such as the Battlefield series, players tend to be more team focused and friendly than on console, where all the CoD boys play for themselves more than as a team.

PCs allow for upgrades where consoles do not, and while I can see some arguments about better PC = better player, that is not necessarily the case. I'm on a laptop, not really built for gaming, and I can get by on many games, but I almost don't make recommended settings sometimes. Consoles put everyone on an even playing field. They just aren't upgradeable. When BF3 comes out, 360 is getting a nerfed version. It will still be BF3, but smaller team sizes, smaller maps. Because I know I can't invest in a decent desktop right now, I will probably be on 360 for awhile until after I get in the Air Force or find a decent job somewhere, whether its in this area or where my gf lives.
  10. Nazo Moderator

Dude, if you were on /v/ right now, you'd have about a MILLION anons posting in this thread going; "PC IS MASTER RACE. PC = ALWAYS A BETTER GAMEPLAY, MORE OPTIONS, AND JUST GENERALLY FULL OF GOOD."

Just play it on a lower setting. Fuck the graphics. As long as it's fun. I finally got out of that way of thinking with the Crysis games and shit. They're good games, but I've always like pretty games. I just like GOOD graphics. I used to stress my computer, play at shitty fps just to have a nice thing to look at. Now that I can run max settings, I still get some frame dips, so I put some shit down. Luckily in Crysis there are 4 settings. Low, mid, high, and ultra. I can run some things on ultra, others are all on high. Game still looks good and let me tell you; high frame rates > pretty game.
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I lurk /v/ for SMT threads, but my domain is /a/ with /y/ being a close second. Oh, but getting on topic there's suppose to be a port of Disgaea 3 in the works, so if that's a launch title or is released like, two weeks of the Buitah...I just might get it early.

Attached Files:

12. Nazo Moderator

Apparently /a/ is full of pedos...

Hooray for /d/ and /s/ being the hottest two on that chart. Aww yeah.
  13. Darth Arkas RC-1138

^^ why I don't go to 4chan. Imagine that.
  14. Nazo Moderator

4chan has lost it's fun over the years. I only go there for fap material, game information, and I seek and troll out the heated arguments. Sadly most of the arguments on /b/ is nothing but religion and why somehow black people are inferior. I know my word has no impact on the net, but I like defending my fellow brothas and sistas. Fuck racism.
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I prefer lurking on /a/ at night, though lately...that doesn't seem to matter much. And lately they've been talking about fujoshi which really doesn't hurt my feelings, but my God! I LIKE HOW BL THIS YEAR HAS BEEN, OKAY!?

Also, do we really need another Little Big Planet incarnation? I h
  16. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I love Little Big Planet. Hopefully I'll be getting a job upon my return to school. My friend Steve said he'd be putting a good word in for me with the new Office Manager at good ol' Best Hall, and when he puts in a good word success is almost always guaranteed. So hopefully if I'm able to save enough I'll be able to get a PSP. I mean, I'd really like one, and since I plan to study hard, and work hard in my new major, I'll probably deserve a kick back. XD
  17. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, there's a lot of new information out there about the Buitah now. For starters...
    http://kotaku.com/5840052/here-are-the-ps-vitas-twenty-six-launch-titles-for-japan

Not exactly shiny, but the Buitah is off to a decent enough start. We also have games such as Zone of the Enders HD and Final Fantasy X HD to look forward to if you're into playing updated ports and/or remakes. And did anyone check out the box art and game format? I actually like how retro the cart...stick...or whatever looks and the box should fit nicely into my PS3 Gaming Shelf.
    http://kotaku.com/5840492/heres-what-playstation-vita-box-art-looks-like

Also, technology wise it definitely seems like the Buitah is going to one-up the 3DS, because AR with cards sounds uber fun if you ask me.
  18. Venom Well-Known Member

When did we start calling it Buitah?

Anyway, I'm still not entirely sold on Vita...there's some good looking things coming out, but I'll surely get a 3DS first. I'm just tired of all these friggin' HD remakes though...I mean, freakin' MGS3 is getting remade on PS3, Vita, and 3DS...seriously, do we need that much MGS3? It's a great game and all, but fuck, focus some effort on getting MGS: Rising out the door or something.

/end rant
  19. Nazo Moderator

No sense in buying either one of them. Considering in a few years smart phones will be able to do this, and have been able to do this for a while. People are starting to buy smart phones for handhelds instead of handhelds for handhelds. They're a dying breed. Give it a few years and they'll start making all the games for the phones.
  20. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

>_> I started calling it the Buitah since...well, I refuse to call it the Vita. So far, I've gotten a few comrades on the Buitah bangwagon...er, bandwagon ._.

and smart phones really are getting there, huh? I remember when I thought it was Sci-fi that phones could take pictures and work as portable MP3 players.