Playstation Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tentei No Mai, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Good morning or afternoon, peeps! Today's discussion is going to be centered around Sony's latest handheld system awkwardly titled the Vita (like, it's so pretentious sounding and belongs on a water-filter or something if you ask me). Well, the price for the regular Wi-Fi is going to be 250 buckarinos which is pretty damn cash with the 3G (seriously, I don't understand 3G that much ;__;) which will be 300 hooker dollars. This is definitely going to put the 3DS in quite a bind since the majority of gamers (just assuming, from what I've been hearing) already thinks the Nintendo portable is mostly full of fuck, and I'm not talking about the sweet kind either. We can go on about the 3DS isn't THE system to own...at least, not without a price drop, but let's focus on the Vita.

I think it's going to be dapper and daring and I'm just loving the design. I'm not exactly stoked about the launch titles that's been hinted at so far (there are a couple of good ones, but not nearly like the PSP's first launch which was awesome to me), but for two-fiddy I am definitely going to get it even if I have to pay for it myself!
  2. Cletus Well-Known Member

The launch titles all look like trash, but the console itself looks nice. If Sony can actually get some games behind it I might actually buy one this time around. I liked the Monster Hunter games on the original PSP, but other than that there wasn't anything to warrant the price. Hopefully they won't make that mistake again, because I'd love there to be a good handheld on the market again.
  3. Nazo Moderator

Wtf? Are you high or just have incredibly high standards?

Phantasy Star Portable, both 1 and 2, RAPE Monster Hunter. MH is like a nuub's start at the epic that is PSP2. The story in PSP2 is probably passable, but the freeplay mission modes and multi-player is pretty sweet. Always has been in PS games. PSP2, in fact, has more game content than any other game on the market, both handheld and home console. I'll be honest here, I only have 2 PSP games. Need For Speed, and PSP2. I don't play Need For Speed much, but when I have a racing craving, I crank it up. But I play PSP2 all the time. It's the closest thing to PSO since PSO pretty much died, and that was a fantastic game. I really never had a point TO get a handheld system until I heard how good PSP2 was. Until the PSP, I've only ever owned a DS, and that was mostly to play multiplayer with Kat on MarioKart DS, and Phantasy Star Zero will her and another friend of mine. But really for PSZ, WHICH FAILED SO FUCKING BAD.

Lots of good PS1 games can be purchased from the PSN to play on the PSP, which rocks hard. I love the fact I can play some of my old favs. You can put videos, Music, pics on the PSP and just walk out the door with more entertainment than JUST a handheld gaming platform. You have your own entertainment system in the palm of your hand. That all put together is surely enough to warrant a couple hundred bucks. And the the new one is only about 50 bucks more? Shit, son. Steal!

PSPGo, ftw.

I haven't seen any of the launch titles for the PSP2, I refuse to call it "Vita", that's fucking stupid... So I can't say I'm REALLY that interested.. but I'm sure some nice games will come out that will catch my eye. I'm sure it can't be as bad as the 3DS' constant average score of a 6/10 on it's games. And that shitty 3D design makes me want to hurl.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Vita just...it's like, Velveeta, you know? I think I'll call it Buitah like Guitah, but...yeah. I have been playing Monster Hunter a little since it was so cheap on the PSP, but it's only been recent, so I can't really give an opinion, though I fucking love Phantasy Star Online to bits and pieces >__>. Sort of makes up for there being no PSV. Ah, but even if the launch list sucks I'd get the Buitah anyway since it looks so damn sexy and I still have oodles of PS classics to go through. If it's not backwards compatible I will fucking hurl, though. That's what really gets me with the 3DS, because I WANT TO PLAY THIS http://www.japanator.com/bouncy-3ds-ninja-game-senran-kagura-finally-gets-trailer-19639.phtml#ext.
  5. Venom Well-Known Member

I'll probably get a 3DS before I get a Vita, simply because 3DS is getting a proper Mario game...so far the only Vita title I'm interested in is Uncharted. The new Silent Hill for it might be cool too, but I never played Origins so I don't know what to expect from handheld SH games.
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

...Expect...a lot of tomfoolery. Oh, and I'm so going to open my 3DS when Ocarina of Time comes out! I've decided that's going to be my unboxing date, because I have this weird thing where I have clean up my room and plan out where I'm going to put my new electronic devices. God, it's a lot of like nesting which is probably why I don't two shits about kids, but will go out of my way to save a snazzy tablet. So, anyone have high hopes for Starfox 3DS?
  7. Venom Well-Known Member

By Starfox 3DS are we talking about the remake of Starfox 64, or did I miss something?

Either way, I'm excited. I love Starfox 64 and would happily pay full price for a portable version.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, the remake!
  9. Venom Well-Known Member

Hellz yeah. The remake is one of only three reasons I want a 3DS (the others being the new Super Mario and Kid Icarus) because it looks totally awesome. I mean, I know it's the same game I still pop in and play on my N64 now and then, but the updated graphics will certainly make it easier on my eyes.

Plus, I just want to go into a crowded room or something and crank up the volume right before Peppy says "DO A BARREL ROLL!"
  10. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I will not be getting either because I am a poor college student who lives of ramen noodles and sometimes bagels when they go on sale.

Right now they both look pretty awesome though, and they're catering to completely different audiences. Can't really say I'm leaning towards one or the other right now.
  11. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

It looks pretty cool, and were I not a poor college student, I'd probably get one. But.... I'm a poor college student.
  12. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

>__> Definitely do not miss the poorness of being a college student. Especially now that ramen has gone up to like, 15-20 cents or some shit. HELLO, I CAN ONLY LIVE OFF OF A DOLLAR'S WORTH OF FOOD AND ONE PACK OF RAMEN IS NOT GOING TO HELP ME GET PASS MY ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY LAB. FUCK.

Oh, but isn't the Buitah uber cute?
  13. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

What is Buitah...?
  14. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'll be getting a Vita if possible due to the awesomeness of Phantasy Star Portable 2.
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Vita is so lame which is why I call it the Buitah. It's like K-On!'s Guitah meme, but Buitah 'cause there's no Vi in Japanese, but there sure is a Bui >__>;.
  16. Nazo Moderator

Then just save money and get a PSPGo. >_>
  17. PKT Forever /a/lone

Or I could just keep my 1000 and get another memory stick...
  18. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Or, you can both just shut up and make out for Mai Amusement.
  19. Nazo Moderator

PSPGo is only 200 bucks, and 15 more for PSP2. >_>
  20. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, I hear that K-mart sells PSP Gos for 160. Also, you could always do used, though that can be ymmv with the downloadable content and all. Personally, I think if you already own a PSP you should just dish out a new memory card and get the game, but that's my opinion. And speaking of Phantasy Star Portable 2...FUCK YEAH, MESETA AND SKILL POINT FARMING. Mech guns are actually useful in this one! At least, for me.