Obama reaching out to Hugo Chaves

Discussion in 'Train of Thought' started by Phunky Philosophy, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Obama seems to be trying to establish friendly ties with Huge Chaves. Many Americans are really pissed off at this. However, I would like to know what you think.

I will state my opinion on this matter after one or two other people respond, it is just how I roll.

edit (lol omama)
  2. PKT Forever /a/lone

I think that any relationship like this is a good one. If things like this go well more people will be able to travel to Cuba and vice versa.
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. Never talking to our enemies leads to nothing but more drifting apart; it never solves the problem. Obama has shown himself to be the kind of person who knows when diplomacy is necessary, but knows when he needs to put his foot down. For now, I trust his judgment, and can see nothing but good coming from this.
  4. Kyuuketsuki C-c-c-c-combo breaker!

In order to have a great foreign policy, you need to try to be everyone's friend. It's either be enemies or at least work together for something different, doesn't matter who it is. Can you imagine how Americans felt when they heard that Russia joined the Allied powers during WWII?

I don't find anything wrong with it, since this is a step forward.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

I don't really came up with politics. Are we still on good terms with Russia?