News on the Homepage.

Discussion in 'Help, Suggestions and Complaints' started by Reasonable Addition, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Reasonable Addition Wrong Answer

You guys are still advertising Guitar Hero III. Don't wanna complain or nothing, certainly isn't my place to do so, what with like, not showing up and shit...but Imma do it anyways.

You guys ever going to fix this, or is it pretty much dead? I could run around getting SquareEnix news, and other assorted role playing games, if you need assistance of some sort. I just find it a bit gloomy and depressing. Old news! XD
  2. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

I could help.

LittleBigPlanet: DELAYED. Why? There's a piece from the Qu'ran used in a song.

LittleBigPlanet Delayed on Qur'an Concerns | Edge Online

First review for Far Cry 2 on GamesRadar. 9/10, stating it's "breathtaking environments, massive freedom of play style, and loads of variety and depth" will make you "love every second of it." On the con side of things: "Not simple to pick-up-and-play, harshly punishes mistakes, cumbersome health recovery."

Far Cry 2, Far Cry 2 Review, Xbox 360 Reviews | Games Radar.com

Seriously though, I'll help.
  3. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

We actually plan to remove that when we upgrade. Lol.
  4. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.
  5. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Lol, I can't even remember the last time I looked at the homepage. Seems like the last announcement is over a year old. xD

But yeah, we plan on ditching it entirely. It doesn't really serve a function and every attempt to give it one has failed so far. More trouble than it's worth.
    1 people like this.
  6. PropMaster Smurfly

Any1 interested in writing articles?
  7. Jeffrey Call me for a good time. Dial 1-800-Hotgirl (Not r

I might be but I just want to know what would the articles be about?
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Well, I don't know if I would be suitable enough for it, but I wouldn't mind attempting to write an article or two if the topics are within my range of knowledge!
  9. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Depends. What type of articles might we write, and on what basis?

I think a big problem will be that people have gotten used to this place being just a forum. But if we could get enough people writing about enough things on a regular basis it could work.
  10. PropMaster Smurfly

I am guessing the way we would work it would be.

1. Open a new section on the forum called Articles. Within that section would be the categories of the articles. I dont know what categories, Maybe Gaming, Tech (like gizmundo), Entertainment (movies and the like)

2. We create a new section on the main page for Articles, and pull from the newly created section..
  11. Jeffrey Call me for a good time. Dial 1-800-Hotgirl (Not r

If you don't mind suggestions why don't you put the article on the main page (since people rarely look at the main page). However, you have a editor-in-chief (per-say) who, like a mod, decides which articles are good enough to go up. The most important thing here is quality. Then people of the forum can rate the quality of the article and add comments similar to what newspapers do with the 'letters to the editor' section.
  12. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

I'll be completely honest here. All my bookmarks / speeddials go directly to the forum part.
  13. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

This might be the best option, though we've had something like that in the past and it usually went unused. If we could have a dedicated staff writing team it might not be an issue, but we'll need to keep something like a regular schedule, and ensure we have people willing to write for it.
  14. PropMaster Smurfly

Maybe we should make a Staff position called Writers..
  15. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I'm always willing to write an article or two if someone needs me to. I honestly like this idea and it'll help keep my creative juices flowing in my head, you know, if we go through with it.