New apartment.

Discussion in 'Apartment Block' started by Phunky Philosophy, May 22, 2008.

1. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Lol, apartment request thread seems to have been deleted.

Requested apartment - Wacko U
    Apartment blah blah blah - Banned members can post here.
    Reason - Why not? WIn win situation, if people get banned we have no reason to bitch about it anymore. This board wont be on the main board so I dont see what harm could come from allowing banned members to post here. You could even password protect it if you are afraid of some innocent member running in on chaos.

WIN WIN SITUATION!!!!!

Oh and as for Mods, Me and whoever I want to add later.
  2. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

RESPOND TO THIS ALREADY I GROW TIRED OF WAITING!!!!
  3. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

I don't really think it's a good idea, but let's see what other people think.
  4. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

But why? People wouldnt stop buy unless they want to talk to banned members, people like Lanza wont be able to harass others but activity would still increase. Think about it, the banned members board at VGC is the most active section. Activity = win. Couldnt you at least give it a chance and close it if it fails?
  5. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

6. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Not trying new things = fail philosophy. This would increase activity without bringing any negativity to the actual board. Banned members would not be able to post at other places, other members would still be able to chat with banned members, meaning they would visit the forum more and most likely post in other sections of the forum more.
  7. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something here, but doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of banning a member to begin with?
  8. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

One would think so ...
  9. Nazo Moderator

Not to mention it's plagiarism. >_>
  10. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Name could be changed. You ban them so they wont disrupt the board anymore. They wont be disrupting it here.
  11. Nazo Moderator

Wacko U is open for all members. It's also a sentence to banned members. What in the invisible God's name to you think will still happen? Other members will view the threads, and there would still be disruptiveness and annoyances. Banned members are banned for being stupid and creating nothing more than a ruckus. If they are sentenced to WU, the ruckus is still there.

An acception to this would indeed be VGC. It's member base is huge, and not a lot of their members go to Wacko U just to argue with banned members. Not to mention that VGC, at all times, has many many many threads, a very few of which are by WU. We NEVER have a lot of threads. 25 new threads isn't a lot, especially since the majority of said threads are from the Black Hole.

A Wacko U here would be a more of a problem then a solution.
    1 people like this.
  12. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Mr. Nazo, forum and poster psychology expert
  13. Nazo Moderator

Fuckin' right I am. :cool:
  14. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Why not?

It sounds reasonable enough to me.

If we did add it though, it would need a different name.

Idiot Institute, Moron Mansion, Fucktard Fort, etc. etc.

Oh, and another thing... maybe we could make it so only certain usergroups could view that forum?

Like somebody would have to apply to have access, so that way people can avoid seeing it if they want.

That sounds fair to me.
  15. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

I'm agreeing with Chris here and I'm putting a 7/10 bet that Wiki bitches about it/comes up with a smartass reply.
  16. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Don't tempt him.

Also, did you read my last reply in this thread?

If only certain people could view the forum, it may have more of a contained ruckus.
  17. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

No, it's a terrible idea. It gives banned members something to look forward to.

OH LOL, WE CAN GET BANNED BUT STILL POST, SO WHO CARES

And obviously, they will know that people will be reading the posts, so they will bitch/moan/etc.

And why would anyone WANT to see the incessant ramblings of banned people? If they're stupid enough to get banned, I don't think we should be punished to have to wonder what they're saying on a forum they shouldn't even be at.

Needless to mention the contradiction of a banned member being able to post somewhere a regular member can't without applying....
  18. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Well, I honestly don't care much either way.

Just as long as I can keep playing Devil's Advocate, i'm still cool! :D
  19. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Wiki, that was seriously uncalled for.

Just be glad i'm only deleting your post and not banning you.

Anyway, discussions can continue...but PLEASE keep it civil.

Thank you.

What I will say is that Elle's post was more than slightly ironic...but i'm not going there.
  20. Nazo Moderator

Lol. I've said what I wanted to. The ruling here is 3/2. 3 No. (David, Sean, and myself) 1 yes. (Wiki) 1 sorta. (Grave)

And I'm willing to bet, when he reads this, Mic will try to agree with Wiki in here, so I'm just going to say 3/3.