My Quest for the DB's Saber.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nazo, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Nazo Moderator

For those of you that don't know; The DB's Saber is a weapon from Phantasy Star Online/Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst. (Probably other PS games but I haven't played them much.)

Anyway, here's a link to my dA account where I posted this as well. [Link] Read the description to learn more, or just read here.

This is a SUPER small scale version of this saber from the game. I modified it a bit. I don't like how the blade goes around the gap between the main blade and bottom sub-blade. So I took it out. The shape of the base/hilt is also SLIGHTLY different. I am planning on making a full version of this out of wood and floral hard foam. It's usually for sticking those fake flowers in and holding them together, but it's really strong stuff and can pretty much be carved like wood. Which is what I'mma do for the hilt/base. Wood will be the blades and handle. I've already got a pretty good idea of how I'll build it and all the items I need. I shouldn't cost me no more than 10 bucks to do. If this goes well, I'll make a really realistic version with blue plexiglass as the 'photonic' blade because they're translucent. If I had electrical experience, I would probably invest on some battery powered LEDs and light up the blade, but we'll save that idea for when I'm prob. For now I'mma start small and move up like I did with the hidden blade. This should be a fun project and I'll post pics as soon as I start work on it. :)
  2. PKT Forever /a/lone

I saw that and commented on dA and I think it's a cool project too. How long did it take on the mini version? I guess the weight wont be an issue with this either. Also, what did you use to carve it with and what tools are you planning on using in the final model?
  3. Nazo Moderator

Took like... 15 minutes to make this little one. I used a hobby knife to carve the foam. And some scissors to cut the cardboard lol. I was going to use my dremel to cut this out, but it's not going to well. I need to buy a jigsaw. Making it all out of wood and MAYBE some foam. We'll see. Idk when I can start on it. I'mma need to rethink the design a bit.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

...I FUCKING WANT YOU TO BUILD THAT DB SABER GODDAMMIT. It will be awesome! Friggin' amazing, really! Personally, I'd like to get my hands on a pair of photon claws. Still, it's amazing what you can do with your hands!

And no, there is no innuendo whatsoever in what I had just said, whore T__T.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

Nazo is an amazing craftsman after all. Heh by now he could probably build a buster sword based on skill alone...
  6. Nazo Moderator

I would've appreciated that being an innuendo. :(

Hmm... I could probably make a photon claw. Like the regular Photon Claw, this here? I MIGHT be able to make that, but to real life forearm size. Sound interesting actually. I may do that after my DB's. No telling how long DB's will take. Cutting a straight line is the hardest fucking thing to do for me. :\ But, yeah, if I start up one and finish, I'll post it and see what you think about it. Maybe I'll send it to you for an xmas present. :3 I would need your forearm length and circumference at the widest point(right below the elbow joint, and the thinnest(right above your wrist).
    I... I think I might just make one. I'm pretty decent with wood crafting. In fact, I wouldn't have to do a lot of cutting and such with a Buster Sword. I'd just go to lowes and find the right width size and get them to cut it down to the size it'd be. I wouldn't call myself a craftsman. I can't really create. I can duplicate and modify.
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Yeah, that's the photon claw I'm talking about! I mean, it's simple, but pretty effective. And you know what else is awesome? Friggin' slicers.
  8. Nazo Moderator

I hated slicers. The third attack was always interrupted cause it was A. Too slow, or B. Too fast with /Battle equipments.

But I'm serious. You want me to try to make you one?
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'd take a saber myself personally but I can't afford to pay you right now for materials or shipping or labor. I guess it's more of a dream then. I like your progress so far at least. Maybe you should do cosplay or something like that.