Mediocre at best?

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by Codfish, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

My friend and I got into a discussion about Harry Potter, and how he was a mediocre wizard. I told him that I found Hermione more impressive, and he said, "Even Ron is better than him." And I asked how so? He responded with, "They don't use magic as much as they could. And Harry is slow to react. 'How will we do this?' YOU'RE A FREAKIN' WIZARD! USE MAGIC! And it's Harry's fault Cedric Diggory died." I scoffed at this, and asked how Cedric could have been saved. And he responded with, "Voldemort says, 'Kill the spare.' Harry should have been all, 'MAGIC BITCH!' and defeated him there."
    Valid point.
    MAGIC, BITCH!
  2. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

JK Rowling herself said that her characters are flawed, and Harry even said that he wasn't an amazing wizard, either. This is when you should read the fifth book very closely, because Harry goes into a huge speech saying how everyone always goes on and on about how amazing he is and how he's defeated Voldemort so many times, and he said it looks good on paper, but he always had loads of help, usually from Hermione and Ron, if not Dumbledore or his mom sacrificing herself to save his life. Plus, I hate all that "He could've saved him but he didn't" crap. Dumbledore could've easily gone back in time after figuring out Voldemort would be the darkest wizard of his time and just, avada kedavra'd him. Or Cedric could've easily used "protego" on his own before Wormtail even had the chance to kill him. Or Harry could've not spared Wormtail's life in Prisoner of Azkaban and just let Sirius kill him, or better yet, they could've just stayed in the shrieking shack all night and then Remus would've never transformed. I mean, there are all these "what ifs" that could've happened. However, they didn't. The story is already set in stone, and I find this one flaw to be a silly thing to base on whether or not Harry's a good wizard. In fact, if you wanna play that card, he was only 13 when he learned how to do a patronus, something that most wizards don't even learn until 6th or 7th year, if at all.
  3. Venom Well-Known Member

I don't know about any of this, but I do know that "MAGIC, BITCH!" is going to be my new catchphrase.

That's right. I stole it. Don't fuck with me 'cause you'll have to deal with my magic. BITCH(ES).
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm so glad that I waited until Nekoko-chan posted, because I didn't even know where to begin with this one! Harry isn't exactly a Demi-God or anything, y'know, but at least he was able to do some super good by utilizing his resources aka the power/magic of friendship and the like >__>. There's more to being a good wizard than learning coolio spells and slinging them all over the place with precise precision and foresight. Mistakes happen and hindsight is always 20/20, motherfuckers!

I don't even know where I'm going with this, but I'll end my post by saying that fuck yeah, MAGIC, BITCHES is a kickass phrase.
  5. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Haha, I never fully agreed with him. I just (mostly) liked Hermione better. Except in the seventh book when she was just plain annoying as fuck. Yeah, mistakes happen, and I get that, and there will always be "what-if's." It was just a funny discussion that I decided to share, mostly because of MAGIC BITCH!
  6. Nazo Moderator

Yeah... I never seen the kids as good magicians at all. All the grand spells came from the teachers. And what's Harry and them doing when they're adults? They got families and whatnot, stopped practicing magic and all most likely. They just quit. Don't get me wrong, I never read any of the books, but I enjoyed the movies, just I never seen anything amazing when it came to potter, and there wasn't really any backstory on WHY Potter's parents were killed by voldy, or why he NEEDED to kill Harry, or why Harry was the only one that could kill him. Anyone could've done it if they destroyed all the horcrux and killed Harry in the process. They just circled the story on the fact that Harry's parents were killed by voldy, and he accidentally transferred a part of his soul into Harry in the process of trying to kill him as an infant, and that Harry would NEED to die in order for Voldemort to be enabled to be defeated himself. Oh, and it never really explained how Voldemort was resurrected by that rat dude, nor how his face got on the back of someone's head in the Sorcerer's Stone. In neither case was a horcrux involved. >_>
  7. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

If you... read the books.... all those questions are answered. Which is a big reason why the books far surpass the movies. I think that... the movies were more companions to the books, and only those who read the books got the full meaning of the movies. Also: Harry became an Auror, so he uses magic every day. Ginny went on to play quidditch on the Holyhead Harpies. Hermione became a sort of magical lawyer, and I never heard anything about Ron. Oh, and Neville became the Herbology professor.
  8. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Ron became an auror, too.
  9. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Ah. That makes sense. Pretty boss.