Is it....

Discussion in 'Apartment Block' started by Lithium, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Lithium <font color="hotpink">Writing On The Walls and Fir

Customary to ignore responses to your threads asking about people taking over? Because, I very clearly remembering saying I would not mind taking over the apartment. I did say I didn't have any ideas yet but is that basis to ignore me? I thought I did enough in the past to at least get a response of 'no, thanks though' instead of just being blown off...

From: http://www.wireforums.com/forums/atheistic-heaven/26688-since-founder.html#post265320

EDIT: Er, I didn't notice the PM comment at the end of it...sorry >.>
  2. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Waiter: "Do you want soup?"
    Customer: "Well, I wouldn't mind having something like soup right now, but I'm not sure whether I would enjoy it or not."
    Question for you: Based on this reply, do you think the customer wants soup? Why or why not?

Moral of the story: Be direct. We're not mind readers, and your reply appeared to be indecisive-negative leaning. It seemed like you were saying, "I like the concept, and may want to open my own in the future, but it might be better to ditch this one for now," which I assume is the same message Travis interpreted when he read the post.
  3. Lithium <font color="hotpink">Writing On The Walls and Fir

That's just how I talk, but what I'm saying is the post was ignored. I wasn't even asked to clarify, and to answer your question I would say the customer is asking an opinion, as in after getting a response would decide one way or another. (S)he was asking if the soup was good or not.
  4. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Communication is a two-way street. You cannot fill a message with a "wouldn't mind," a "not sure," a "what I could do with it," then conclude with elipses and reasonably expect a response. It wasn't even clear what board you were talking about, and your post gave little indication that you wanted to take control of Atheistic Haven. If anything, it seemed like you wanted another, unrelated spiritual/religious type forum to be created, which could have been handled in another thread.

A simple, "Yes, I want control over Atheistic Haven," would have been less confusing and taken less effort.

You asked for a basis of your being ignored. The basis is that your message was not clear, and you gave little indication of actually desiring the board in question. Travis' action was reasonable on that basis.

Though if you want to become the owner of Atheistic Haven, that can be arranged.