Interpretations of video game titles that make NO FUCKING SENSE

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Archangel Sabre, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I'll start.

WTF is a "Resident Evil"?

Every time I see that name I think of a comedy/sim game about a bunch of zombies living together in an apartment complex trying to see who can most out-evil the other bitches.

Also, Final Fantasy. THERE'S NOTHING FINAL ABOUT IT. STOP FUCKING LYING.
  2. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

...Resident Evil never did make that much sense. Sure, Residence:Evil maybe, but that's it >__>. Okay, so like, Zill O'll I have no fucking clue about. And Drag-on Dragoon. It's suppose to be about a bunch of crossdressing lancers racing across the skies?

Attached Files:

3. Nazo Moderator

Resident Evil just means the residents that you'll encounter are most likely evil and monstrous. Makes sense to me. The games are called Biohazard in Japan lol.

Final Fantasy is really about it's own story to me. The first FF I played was 10, and it made sense with the title in regards that Tidus was a dream. Technically he was a fantasy and when you beat the game, the "faith" stopped dreaming and you vanished. It was his final fantasy. The name only came from them making a final game before closing, but the game did so well it rebirthed the company. But as a title for every game? Lolz.

Grand Theft Auto was never a good title to me. Though it does get to the point of WHAT you have to do throughout the game, it doesn't necessarily explain THE game itself. You're not some thief, murderous criminal. In fact, in GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas YOU FIGHT FOR A GOOD CAUSE. You just do bad shit in the game to do it.
  4. Venom Well-Known Member

Resident Evil = evil in your residence. It's residing where you reside. And it's evil. Thusly....it is the resident evil in your 'hood.

First an obvious one...Beyond the Beyond? How do you go beyond if you're already beyond something? How can you go past what you are if what you are entails an outside to some realm? It's like saying you're going past the end of the world, but you can't because there's nothing there.

Lost Odyssey - How do you lose a journey?

Infinite Undiscovery - A never-ending quest where you discover nothing except that the main character is a horndog?

I thought I could think of more, but I'm drawing a blank right now.
    Tentei No Mai likes this.
  5. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

OH, FUCK YOU I WAS ABOUT TO COMMENT ON BEYOND THE BEYOND WITH ITS SHITTY QUALITY I AM SO JELLY.

Climax Landers. It's not about nailing orgasms or reaching the peak of epicness or anything like that, so what the fuck is a Climax Landers? Plus, isn't a climax something you aim upwards for whereas lander is like...on the ground, all steady and shit? and Illbleed just sounds so GODDAMN LAME TO ME, BUT I GUESS IT MAKES SENSE.
  6. Venom Well-Known Member

Illbleed sounds like a game about people with thin skin and thinner blood. And you have to avoid getting whatever diseases they have by not letting them bleed on you. Or something.

Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia/Phantasia/Legendia - What the hell is a Vesperia? Or a Symphonia? Tales of the Abyss and Tales of the World make sense because you can tell tales of an abyss or a world. Tales of Destiny works in that sense too. But the others...where are they getting these names from, their asses?

Super Mario World - It takes place on one island. Or set of islands. Not an entire world. And said "world" doesn't belong to Mario.

Red Dead Revolver - It's a dead Native American six-shooter. Wonderful. Just what I wanted from a cowboy game...dead guns.

Metal Slug - A metal one would probably move even slower, if at all.

Silent Hill - First off, Silent Hill, the town, seems pretty flat. Second, it's not all that quiet (in the first one mainly) when there's like, evil creatures screeching in the fog before you even see them.

Blood Will Tell - Tell what? Sounds like a blood test simulator.

Growlanser III: The Dual Darkness - Or for only .59 cents more you can triple your darkness!

Front Mission - I guess it sounded better than Rear Mission. (hur hur)

Time Crisis - It's a crisis! In time! No, wait, it's just shooting a bunch of fools. You've got all the time in the world and the only crisis is when you run out of quarters.
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, yeah, it's on now.

Elevator Action~There's no sex at all, so really, what's so damn action-y about being on an elevator? Fighting the urge to kill yourself due to the bad music?

Deathsmiles~ Oh, so edgy! I AM GOING TO INFLICT DEATH WITH MY SMILE OF MALEVOLENCE BECAUSE I AM DARK AND ANGRY.

Guilty Gear~ How the fuck can some sprocket be sentient enough to be guilty of anything?

Actraiser~ Act. Raiser. Well, maybe it's another way of saying "I'll give you a happy ending for an extra 50 bucks".

Panzer Dragoon~ Dragoons aren't suppose to ride on tanks, they're suppose to fly on dragons that aren't made of metal or some shit.

Gleylancer~ More like gay prancer amirite?

Ristar~ Yeah, I don't even get this one. What's so "ri" about a star? Maybe ri-tarded?

Trigger Heart Exelica~ An organ doesn't have a trigger, so what now?

D~ That's it. D. Just....a letter. This doesn't even began to describe how screwed up the actual game is.

No One Can Stop Mr. Domino~ *throws Mr. Domino into an acid bath* There, he's been stopped. Next problem?
  8. PKT Forever /a/lone

I lol'd if this wasn't just games I think paranoia agent and a few others could use the treatment too.
  9. Nazo Moderator

You kiddin' me, right?

The dude has (had) no memories of his past. Whatever he was or was doing is gone from him. Lost. Made perfect sense to me.
  10. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Okay, even though the American title is Evil Zone...what the fuck was Japan thinking with Eretzvaju!? It's like the game was suppose to be about erecting vaginas or something and not about anime cliches duking it out with some wonky-but-doable mechanics.
  11. PKT Forever /a/lone

Now I wish I had taken better care of Evil Zone...I played it about once.
  12. Venom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I played the game for like 10 minutes, so...yeah. >_>

On that note:

Lost Planet - It's not exactly lost if someone has found it, now is it?

Test Drive - Ok, a test drive is when you take the car out of the dealership and drive it around a bit, so what does that have to do with racing shit? Especially when, you know, you own the cars, like in Unlimited.

Vampire Rain - ITS RAINING VAMPIRES AHHHHHH

Wet - Unless your game has a shit ton of water (like, say, Hydrophobia) there's no reason to call it this.
  13. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Ridge Racer always seemed a bit wonky. What freakin' ridge?
  14. Venom Well-Known Member

I thought about that one too. Half the tracks are on city roads, with nary a ridge in sight. Not to mention the newest game is called Unbounded, which, though apparently a real word, sounds ridiculous. And if you were racing...unbound...on a ridge you'd probably drive off it.

Dead to Rights - I'd assume this translates to "shoot first and read them their rights later" since the game involves a cop. Or cops. I've only played the most recent one. Doesn't make any sense to read it like it is though.

Bust A Move - Not the dance game that they renamed Bust a Groove in the US, but the game that's called Puzzle Bobble in Japan. Puzzle Bobble works because it's a puzzle game and the characters are from Bubble Bobble. Bust A Move makes no sense because you're bursting bubbles, not dancing.
    Tentei No Mai likes this.
  15. PKT Forever /a/lone

Star Ocean - I get that space is a "sea of stars" but there's little actual travel between planets and the name fits about as good as it would a bowl of breakfast cereal with little sprinkle coated sugary marshmallow bits shaped like stars covered in 'an ocean' of milk.

Halo - Has nothing to do with angels...yeah there are halos but they could have called it donuts or rings and it would have the same ring to it.

Pocket Monsters - If you had monsters in your pocket would you really play with them?

Syphon Filter - As far as I know this has nothing to do with cleaning water that's coming from a tank of any sort.

Samurai Champloo - Don't think I wanna eat a dish made out of samurais.

Cooking Mama - Sounds like it should be about matricidal cannibalism.
  16. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Ikusa-kun gets a happy star for referencing both Bust a Moves.

Why the hell would I want a Half-Minute Hero, because I don't even want a one-minute man for crying out loud. Sure, I know, it's all about short bursts of RPG goodness, but fuck your shit I take my RPGs with 70+ hours of battlin', comrade findin', and godly music'n.
  17. Nazo Moderator

...They were fighting the Covenant to prevent the activation of ring-world weapons capable of destroying all life in the galaxy. The ones who built the rings, the Forerunners, called them Halo's. They're a way of purifying the galaxy of a parasite that can destroy it with ease. Ergo: Halo.

You raise monsters and the game fits in your pocket. >_>

Idk what Syphon Filter is.

Samurai Champloo makes a lot of sense actually. In the anime they were ALWAYS hungry. And both Mugan and Jeen (sp) were Samurai lol. Not to mention it all started in a resturant. >_>
  18. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Mugen and Jin (fuck, he was so hot). Fuu was cute, though. OH, BUT ANYWAY.

Since we're getting Fate/Extra I'd like to mention how strange that title is. How the hell can there be an extra amount of fate and what does the slash have to do with anything at all? Okay, sure, if you already know Fate/Stay Night you can rationalize a little, but honestly even that title doesn't make too much sense to me.
  19. Venom Well-Known Member

Syphon Filter was about using a tazer to zap people until they were set ablaze. I mean, they wouldn't have included a tazer that causes people to spontaneously erupt into flames if that wasn't the whole point.

Donkey Kong - Monkeys aren't donkeys! Quit messing with my head! (before anyone says anything, I know the whole story of the supposed origins of the name, I was just referencing something for kicks)