Improvements...

Discussion in 'Help, Suggestions and Complaints' started by Pie, Apr 20, 2009.

1. PKT Forever /a/lone

I think unarchiving some of the older stuff would be awesome. There was plenty of stuff there that was still useful. Another thing that would be nice to have is more active members. Get things running again and some people from the old days might show up again. We also need newbs which means going easy on them when they show up. To get them to show up it might help to associate this site with other sites and try to share communities. When you share things like that it's sort of a win win. Anyone else have some suggestions on getting this place back with a vengence?
  2. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

First of all, most of the old members don't want to come back to WireForums, otherwise they would've come back when I pestered them, because believe me, I pester everyone about coming back to WF. Well, at least everyone I talk to anyway.

Secondly, I know that you're trying to help PK, and believe me, I'd love to have WF go back to how it used to be even when Antwan was here, but no one's going to do anything, except maybe David and myself. WF is just a lost cause now. Of course, I'm not going to give up on it and I'm going to keep coming back to WF and I'll still promote it on every site that I go to, but not many other people will. It seems as if everyone's given up on WF, and no matter how hard we try to get it alive again, no one's going to stay for too long.
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

I think that some of the few straglers that do stick around here could actually make a difference and bring this place back. We might need to actively try to change the place for the better to look like things are still happening here. I myself had taken a break from here mostly because there always seemed like there was so little going on. I think that we should all rally together and then consider some improvements that could be made. Even small ones go a long way to keeping a place like this running.
  4. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Really, I doubt that moving stuff from the archive would help us much. Our problem is no new threads. Right now we have a few-ish member who seem to pop in every few days, and that's really all you need for a functional forum. What we need is an influx of new threads for the few members left to post in. I tried coming up with ideas myself, but sort of ran out of ambition after just a few days.

Getting old members back would be great, but most people want nothing to do with this place and the rest I'm not sure how to get in contact with. I advertise this place everywhere I go, but that isn't too many places these days.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'll come up with some treads when I get the chance. Since the people here do seem to want to post more all we have to do is give them what they want.
  6. Nazo Moderator

Yeah see... I'd make threads and shit, but mostly I'm into PC gaming and our 360. Of which, mostly NONE of you have so there's no actual point in my posting anything that would get zero to few replies.

I've also stopped photoshop as I can't do anything new, there's no good tutorials on what I want to do, and I'm far too lazy for 3D to help me out in shit I want to make, so I just quit for now. That and everytime I posted something, no one would respond. So yeah. No point in my threading.
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

I don't have a 360 and nor do I plan to get one but I am interested in pc gaming. Any suggestions, for gameplay/story driven games that aren't fps's.
  8. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

How about you guys make a thread for that? That way this one stays on topic. >_>

Oh, and I know the best improvement for this site! David putting me as an admin. :D
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'll make a thread for it. Well, Kat if the place picked up more we might need another admin but not quite yet.
  10. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Lol. If we do get a new admin, I'd honestly prefer they be someone who has prior experience with the AdminCP.
  11. PKT Forever /a/lone

Do you mean the admin cp at VB or in general. Anyone who wants to try out the admin system for any of the free forums can contact me. I'll set it up and such. Kat does contribute a fair bit around here though.
  12. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

AdminCP at vBulletin.

Of course, I don't have any problems whatsoever with Kat becoming an admin on principle, seeing as she's a great S-Mod and I trust her with the forum, I just don't think she has enough skill with the AdminCP to be of much help. xD
  13. PKT Forever /a/lone

Well how else will she learn unless someone gives her a chance?
  14. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

>> ARE YOU NUTS!? I DESTROYED THE FORUM WITH THREE MONTHS WORTH OF POSTS! xD

Of course, that was purely accidental and I spent a good hour and a half trying to put every thread back in place, but not many people will pay attention to details like that.

Though I agree with PK. I don't think every admin who has been put as an admin knew everything about the adminCP for VB. For example: Scott. He was put as an admin and he knew nothing about what he was doing. Yes, he's been an admin before at his site and blahblahblah, but I was also an admin at his forum and I've also been an admin at my forums before as well.

And also: I was only kidding. >> Though I think it would be cool to say that I was an admin before WF takes its final fall. Besides, maybe I could help? I dunno how, but you never know.

Maybe we should make a thread for it? It might bring some old members back. o.o
  15. Nazo Moderator

360 pwns.

First off. Get about 700 dollars. Then hit me up. I'll build you an epic computer, and then I'll give you tips on games. All the games I know are next-generation.
  16. PKT Forever /a/lone

Well, I honestly think the best way to get old members back is to get new members to show up. Without new people the place grows stale. And while it can survive that way it won't thrive. I'm gonna promo WF and my site together. hopefully they both get lots o action.
  17. Nazo Moderator

This forum hasn't "thrived" since a few months after my arrival here, and it was really THRIVING then. This forum will never have light. My opinion still stays the same. Destroy this forum, make a new one.
  18. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

If we create a new forum we'll just be in the exact same situation a week from now.
  19. PKT Forever /a/lone

He's right, my site dropped down a bit like that before and I'm trying my hardest to see that these places do well. I haven't even slept since Satarday since I've been trying to get an assload down. Just hold your horse, I'll make sure to get some pe3ople ov' yonder.
  20. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

And I bet they would be extremely happy to know they have a new female admin! :D