If I decided to get a Kanji Tattoo...

Discussion in 'オタクの大学 [Otaku University]' started by Pie, Apr 20, 2009.

1. PKT Forever /a/lone

What sort of kanji either looks cool or simple that you think might be good for something like this?
  2. Nazo Moderator

If you're a fan of Street Fighter, get this tattoo on your back.
    [IMG]
    It's Akuma's sign. I think it means Demon or something in the like.. It appears on his back when he beats the shit out of someone in the game. He turns and it burns into his back. :cool: This is an old, stylized vector I did of it.

That said: SHUN GOKU SATSU!
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

I should get that on my back. I heard it is pronounced 'ten' and means, heaven or sky. Which reminds me that I should really find my Japanese dictionary to confirm this.
  4. Nazo Moderator

Yar, that Kanji is Ten. Akuma is Devil though... so I don't see why they used it as his symbol. :confused:

I like to THINK it means his ascension of extreme power.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

If you beat SNK Vs Capcom 2 with Shin Akuma you get a really weird ending. I think it sort of relates to that.
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Ah, it really depends on what you're going for >__>;. I mean, something like which basically means "strong" or "power" is pretty simple to do. Just don't make the mistake of confusing it with kana for "ka" since the readings are "ryoku", "riki", and "chikara". Now which type of readings I can't fucking remember, but I should know how to pronounce it based on how its written. Actually, I think this is a good tip, but if the kanji you're not sure on (reading-wise) appears beside another kanji you will most likely go with the chinese reading, but if it appears beside a kana character then you will go with the Japanese reading. Something like that.
  7. Kyuuketsuki C-c-c-c-combo breaker!

[IMG]

Kana is original!
  8. PKT Forever /a/lone

Looking at this thread I have no earthly clue how I would know that meant 'ten' but to have looked it up.
  9. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Sweet Lord, another one came back from the land of...well...the land which is not WF, but wowzers! Speaking of kana...you can always have a tattoo of your name written kana, or the name of someone you appreciate most. Though I'm sure it's possible to transform your name into kanji.
  10. PKT Forever /a/lone

The Street Fighter idea would be cool but expensive.
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Only get a tattoo if you're serious about it since it hurts even MORE (and probably costs more) to get rid of it from what I've been told. That, and skin winkles...badly. Oh, but if I were to get a tattoo it'll probably be something Shin Megami Tensei related like Jack Frost.
  12. PKT Forever /a/lone

Dragonball or a Sonic Tat.
  13. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, that is so gonna hurt...especially the Sonic one. Well, that's what my imagination is informing me since those eyes are going to take some mighty fine detailing.
  14. PKT Forever /a/lone

Maybe just a chaos emerald or something. I'm up for suggestions.
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

The golden ring would work, too. It'll be easy enough to hide your power level while still being recognizable to fans and such. Still, I like the Chaos Emerald idea a lot.
  16. PKT Forever /a/lone

How about a golden ring with a dragon ball in it.
  17. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

If you do that then you should totally go for broke and get all seven dragon balls! Oh, SO THAT WAY I CAN NAIL YOU WITH YOU A SHOVEL AND USE YOUR UNCONSCIOUS MEATBAG TO SUMMON THE DRAGON AND GET ME A WISH, YEAH, DO IT.

Ah, but you could always tattoo Bulma dressed as Amy or something.
  18. PKT Forever /a/lone

Odd enough I did get an offer to join up at a tattoo shop a while back.
  19. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

o-o; Join up? Like, work there or get some free hookups?