How do you feel about Osama bin Laden's demise?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by Tentei No Mai, May 10, 2011.

1. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm sure everyone already knows that bin Laden finally graduated...from life (or is that flunked? I just don't know anymore), but what I'm really interested in is knowing what our WF members think of it? I mean, reactions have varied from "he deserved to die, so why pity the foo'?" to "DEATH IS DEATH, WE SHOULDN'T BE REJOICING, GOD", and then there are the wives, the raid, the burial, there's a lot to talk about, really. There's even debate on how we should discuss this with the children. So, let's have ourselves a discussion assuming that it's of interest to you peeps!
  2. Nazo Moderator

I feel that it's an achievement that will solve nothing. The so-called "war on terrorism" will remain on-going.
  3. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I'm glad he's dead, but at the same time, my thoughts immediately went to New York. Now Al Qaeda has even more reason to attack us since we've killed their leader, and who's to say that they won't go through with their train idea? I'm nervous now. Nervous that World War III is even closer than it should be.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I may have become apathetic (well, not to the people that suffered because of 9/11, but to the whole war on terrorism debacle, probably) about it which is why that although it's fine and dandy that he was taken out, but considering how long it took and the amount of damage this whole situation caused...for me, it just doesn't affect me. We took down a boss character, but we're no where near the end of the game, you know? Terrorism will keep going, because it's not like those involved were brainwashed by one big bad naughty dude and suddenly became free and sentient and shit. Plus, nothing can be done to bring back the days before 9/11/01 became meaningful, so really, we'll always be on constant alert, and for a number of people that means they will never be able to truly relax. I feel like I'm being vague here, but basically I'm still pessimistic about this. Still, I have no qualms with saying that the man deserved death.
  5. Venom Well-Known Member

I feel like it's too little, too late. 6 or 7 years ago this would have been a huge deal, but now it's hard to care. Years ago his death would have felt like a major accomplishment and people affected by the tragedy may have felt some satisfaction in it. But at this point it's just like "he's dead...and?"
  6. Nazo Moderator

You realize New York was going bat shit insane after they heard about it right? Granted, you're right with the majority of Americans, but NY was the direct affected area of the attack. There was parades and everything going on. I still hold to my opinion, though. It's not going to change anything. We'll keep fighting over there and shit for the next 10 years. This solves nothing. Our boys are never coming home.
  7. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I'm glad he's finally gone, and I think the world is a better place without him, but on a personal level it doesn't change much of anything. Before his death, I can't even remember the last time I saw him mentioned in the news.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

My bleeding heart comrade keeps reminding me that death isn't something to be celebrated, but then again she's a Glitzy Pollyanna. The point is that people like bin Laden deserves death and it would've been even better if he was tortured first. Still, it's not like my life is sitting on a million bucks due to his departure, so honestly I'm over it. Now, I think we just need to focus on ourselves for a bit because we're having plenty of issues of our own >__>.
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

Eh, I'm not one to condone death on anyone cept animals and a few other exceptions. Still the world may be better off now that the guy is gone at least in appearance. I'm no judge of things like that though.

In the end 1 guy dying like that won't bring anyone back or make things right. There's a lot more bloodshed to go.
  10. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I don't know about the "make things right" part, but then again I'm the eye for an eye type when it comes to vengeance, so maybe that's why I think death can be an all-purpose correction marker or whatever. I'll be honest by saying that if someone truly wronged me by taking the life of someone that is EXTREMELY precious to me (or just precious in general) I'd probably be satisfied if he were killed in the most inhumane way. Sure, it won't bring that person back, but it may make it easier for me to accept that. It's highly debatable since I'm positive that everyone doesn't share my viewpoint, since in the end it's not like we have absolute authority on who deserves to die (in the sense that what we say goes). It's barbaric of me to think that way, but I'm okay with that >__>;.
  11. Nazo Moderator

I don't think a life for a life is an equal exchange.
  12. PKT Forever /a/lone

Agree'd

I can't think up an ideal solution to things like this though.
  13. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Hm, you guys are definitely right! After all, only way the exchange can be equal if a whole mess of factors are weighed in including a revive spell. Still, it's a complex situation and there may not be a satisfactory answer that would resolve it. Oh, speaking of which, do you hear/read about Prez Obama's current hit list on terrorists? There really is no end to this, huh?
  14. PKT Forever /a/lone

I guess they'll just do as infin...err they want....