Hey all.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MAMA DIABLA, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Nazo Moderator

I suggested a complete overhaul. But of course everyone denied it because so many people are sentimental about the archives and shit.
    William likes this.
  2. William Well-Known Member

That's lame Rainbow x.x And sucks ass. [lol Wiki was admin? o.o]

Nazo... really, you hit the nail on the head. That's -really- what's needed, a complete and utter renewal. All the archives is doing is bringing in web hits at the moment, but most of that shit is so old [and 90%+ of it is just spam from usenet] that the only people who are even going to be interested are the sentimental ones. Someone searches for it, finds out it's been posted years ago and they can't even respond to it, what point does it serve? Just bloats the forum. A fresh start, including a member purge [at least all members with 0 posts] would probably do wonders. But like I said in that blog I posted, it seems as if all that's cared about is the income... so I highly doubt anything will ever be done about those things. Unless there was some type of boycott of sorts, considering then the site would become nothing but a glorified advertisement.
  3. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

First, no. Wiki was never an admin. However, him and Prop have become pretty good friends, which means Wiki has more influence on WF than a lot of other members do. And see, Prop doesn't think that a complete renewal is needed, and one of the things I fought with him on. He claims that we need the forum to look busy and that that'll attract attention. He even suggested getting rid of the archives and just having everything be out in the open, free for everyone to respond to.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm fine with a complete archive deletion, but I vaguely remember that being an issue. I don't recall if I had a problem with it before, but I'm totally okay with it now if I did <___<.
  5. Nazo Moderator

A forum with over 1000 members, and only 8 or so active members... There is NO way to make this place LOOK busy. There isn't, honestly. The only way to attract more members is to make it look NEW. Right now we look like a busted up 1968 ford. We need to look like a bad ass 1968 Chevrolet. A Corvette in fact.
  6. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

A complete renewal wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm not attached to the archives, so if they were to be gotten rid of, I'd be completely fine with that.
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

I vote meh to either way.
  8. christys04 New Member

Glad you are back. Sorry to hear about your husband, I hope all is well with you and your family.
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

I think we should keep the archives personally but everyone seems against it. I love aqrchives myself though they might serve little purpose here. It'd be like deleting history itself.