Hey all.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MAMA DIABLA, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I'm not a fan of haters either, because honestly, I think you guys are awesome. I love talking with you guys, and I love posting here. And I enjoy our, admitted, immaturity. That's what makes it fun to post here.
  2. Nazo Moderator

Added you years ago, never see you on. Lol. And I wouldn't know how to initiate a conversation. I'm too wrapped up in just turning everything into a dirty conversation. Not that I mean to, it just happens. >_>
  3. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

.-. I usually go with whatever seems right at the time when I IM people, so it'll probably turn into a conversation about debauchery and insulting people we don't like!
  4. William Well-Known Member

If you can't take negative criticism or honest comments, you may as well get off the internet, right? I mean, that's what was said to me before I finally decided to leave this place in the first place. After the influx of new members [most of the ones still left here], I was no longer part of this "family" and people were rude as hell to me. *shrugs*

Anyhow, this place -does- look horrible, to me. It looks like Stan or whatever his name is, I forgot, the owner though... thinks that adding more features and making it look more modern is going to make the site live again or something. I have no idea what goes on in his head, so I can't say for certain. But sometimes simpler is better. If I were new to this place, I'd be instantly turned away. Too much clutter for such little activity. I'd understand if maybe there were over 1,000+ active users, but... there's barely, what... 10? [Just guessing].

I would consider staying, but... just literally cannot stand how the site looks. It's not bashing or "hating". It's just being honest and things like this are things that should actually be, at the very least, contemplated. Not saying you should change a site because of one person's opinion, but you can't very well sit there and just whine about members having opinions about the site, even if they may be mean... especially considering you're an admin :/ And although I just popped in to say hi and to give my opinion, I am still a member...lol. If it had been someone else in this close-knit "family" that made that same comment, the reaction would've been a lot different... and you can't really deny that.

And the comment wasn't meant to come off as mean, by the way.
  5. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

1315511034302.png
    Did you put me on your BL, Will-kun, 'cause that's kind of my concern since I didn't think you were actually being mean when you said what you said >__>. I mean, everyone got their reasons and you've never struck me as the type to stir up drama just because, so yeah. Still...ADD ME, DAMMIT, I DO SHOW UP ON AIM EVERY NOW AND AGAIN AND THERE ARE LOTS TO TALK ABOUT.
  6. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I kinda feel this post was a bit wasted considering I wasn't taking your post negatively. >__> We've recently been getting a lot of complaints about how dead WF is and blahblahblah, so I was just setting the record that I'm not happy with the hate that's being broadcasted from people (not you) who half the time when they were here, wouldn't even post other than in the shoutbox anyway. >> And I agree with you. I wasn't happy about any of the new changes that have come to WF in the past two years, but because I wasn't even an admin until recently, there really wasn't much say I had. Especially since every time I would disagree with something Stan wanted, he would immediately run to Wiki (if you remember him) and then a fight would ensue, and I just got tired of it. So I stopped caring, and just started going with the flow.

And actually, I can deny it because if you'd been here any time after 2008 in like, March to well, now, or if you sifted through the archives like I do randomly, you'd see that I would get on pretty much anyone who sat there and said how much they hated WF and how it's turned out. ESPECIALLY the people who would half the time sit there and troll, or who would sit there and complain, complain, complain and then wouldn't do anything about it. So it doesn't matter to me if you're a person who's just "passing by" or you're someone who's posting right now. If you attack the forum but won't do anything to help, then I honestly don't care for your opinion, honesty, criticism, wtfever (again, not directed to you but to the users who come here in general.) Oh, and if I had the ability to go back to how WF used to be, I would do it. However, even if I am an admin, I'm the lowest grade admin possible, barely having any options other than changing people's usernames, banning them, and some other small tidbits like adding forums, deleting them, and changing usergroups.
  7. Nazo Moderator

< Is ^'s boyfriend.

^ Would ban me if the chance arose.
    Rainbow Deluxe likes this.
  8. William Well-Known Member

Well... Considering your post pretty much came out of nowhere and was posted after I posted negative criticism... if it wasn't directed towards that or inspired because of that, then why would you randomly post it in a thread? That... doesn't really make much sense, does it? :/

I have sifted through the archives... and none of it involves members currently active, from what I saw. Lol. Maybe I missed it... who knows.

Isn't that a bit hypocritical though?

I mean, as a member, there really isn't much one -can- do, other than voice their opinion and hope it's heard by someone that -can- actually do something to change things. It's like protesting or boycotting until someone actually cares. A normal member can't go "Well... I hate the layout. Let's change it." *waves magic member powers and fixes everything*

But you are doing the same thing, negative criticism towards negative criticism and you, as an admin [no matter how low of an admin you are] technically have more of a voice and power than a normal member does. You're complaining about people ragging and having issues with this site, but you're not doing anything to fix it either. So why would you not care for people's opinions, if they can't "help", when you are doing the exact same thing? :/

I'm sorry... it's just kinda common sense there.

At the very least, I'm certain that if enough people -in power- actually step up and ya'know, put your foot down, not just mention or something but boycott it if you have to, that you'll be listened to. Can't run a site without people. And this site really can't afford to lose more members, I think.

----

Once again, no offense intended and my apologies if you do take any offense but my entire point of posting something in the first place, was the hope that maybe -somehow- it would be looked at and considered, because I -would- like to come back and post every so often but I'm just drawn away by it.

Activity isn't -as- important as appeal... That's something everyone can fix. Got a prob with activity... post more. Appeal... that's staff and even if you can't do something personally, can't really just give up. :/

----

And Mai, I'll add you. o.o
  9. Nazo Moderator

Oh gee. Haven't seen this in a while. Disecting a post. Good lord, dude. Stop it, really. This whole, "no offense" thing is really getting old. It's just a nice way of saying, "oh hey, fuck you, you're wrong."

I'm not sure anyone here really cares about the lack of activity here. Really, we don't. We talk to each other like it's a chat room. Every thread is derailed. This ISN'T a forum anymore. I'm really sure her post didn't come out of no where, your negative-like post REMINDED her of all the hate that she's been seeing elsewhere. Here or outside the site. And why would she randomly post it? You said yourself you looked around the forum and seen why it's dead. Have you not noticed the lack of on-topic posts? Everything is random here.

Oh no, you made a "shitty forum hurrr" post and someone said she doesn't like the hate. There was no direction of her post.

One more thing, there's literally NOTHING you, I, or she, or even Stan can do to 'resurrect' this forum. Like I said before. No one here cares enough to bring members back. This is just a place that old net-friends come to contact each other and things of the like. There is nothing to fix. This place simply is what it is. Dead. And not a single one of us tries to bring it back. And the reason it's dead is because old members acted retarded, changed their personalities, and left because they met the cancer that came here and ruined it. I left for two years. I'm only back to talk to old friends because they, or I in most cases, are too lazy to IM each other. We just talk about random things, see how old friends are doing and of the like. Most of our conversations turn into comically trolling each other or talking about debauchery and randomly turning everything into an "in bed" joke. Welcome to WF.

Weird Fuckers.
  10. William Well-Known Member

Here, I'll post where it's not "dissected", even though you are wrong about that because it's just simply a way to easily respond to something and have someone know what you're exactly referring to. Quotes exist -for a reason-. It makes it where it's not such a clusterfuck. Not to mention, I don't have to continuously keep scrolling up to the original post while I'm making this one. Durr.

As far as the activity thing and no one caring, that's not exactly what was said in one of the examples of people complaining. Even if you may not care, others may. Doesn't necessarily have to be the currently active members either.

Also, the random posts and such, isn't really why I said I realize why the forum is dead. That really has nothing to do with it. The problem actually is that NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ANYMORE TO MAKE ANY SIGNIFICANT EFFORT.

And for the record, don't pull the "there's nothing no one can do" bullshit, because this forum has been deader than this, before any of you guys even registered here. The forums died out. People ragged on it and most of the members just completely left to go back to VGC, aside from a few and out of those few a couple of them were just random posters that came in to say how much the site sucked. An effort was made and the site began to live again.

There isn't any site that is just completely "doomed". What is made of a site is dependent on the staff and the members. It's just, like you said, no one gives a shit to even put forth the effort to fix things. But it CAN be fixed. Trust me.

So really, no one here, especially not staff, has a right to bitch about people ragging on the forums.

You want people to stop complaining about things, do something about it. And I don't mean power abuse.
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

WF in a nutshell
    1232004842695.jpg
    and well, I wouldn't even know where to begin in terms of recruitment, because either no one particularly cares or I just don't want them trampling in on my territory. THIS IS MY PERSONAL PERVY PARADISE WHERE I AM FREE TO RAUNCH IT UP, SO LET'S TALK ABOUT THE WEIRDEST PLACES WE'VE HAD AN ORGASM IN.

>_> All of my places involve some kind of shower stall or something water related.
  12. William Well-Known Member

Lol Mai. You're right, as long as even one person posts, this place can't die.

However, I have decided that I will help out, to the best of my abilities - to improve this place. Starting now. If you guys don't want the help or want me around, just say so. It's cool.

P.S. - I ADDED YOU TO AIM MAI ADD ME BACK lol.
  13. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm totally okay with you being here and posting, Will-kun! It'll be an uber blast since I was thinking about doing a special Anime Review thread where we describe the last series we watch and give our approval/disapproval in 100 hundreds. Or something gimmicky like that.
  14. William Well-Known Member

I actually haven't watched any anime in a while... Been too addicted to certain television shows and not many anime series have caught my eye since Deadman Wonderland... which I just skipped the anime after the first few episodes and just read the manga instead because I got so hooked. =x
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Yeah, it was easier just to focus on the manga instead of the anime, but it happens. We don't have long until Deadman Wonderland is over, but it was an awesome ride from start to finish with a few totally surprising twists >__>.
  16. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

You know what. I had this whole entire post written out to defend myself, but I realized it doesn't matter and I honestly don't need the stress over this. I know what I've done for this forum, and that's pretty much all that matters.

So, welcome back Will. As it seems, you don't remember me from when you were here before, but it's good to have you back.
  17. William Well-Known Member

Lol. I remember you, as I do with -nearly- everyone. o.o

Regarding everything I said, I have made a little blog post that I hope Prop takes a look at. Hopefully it does -something-.

[And you shouldn't let a website stress you either o.o That's kinda... unhealthy. I just wanted my comments taken in stride. Something to think about, because like you - I've done a hell of a lot for this place. Much more than most of you even know, which is why it matters to me for this place to get back on track. I don't want my time and effort to have been a waste. :/ I hope that's understandable.

And I don't actually buy into the "don't care" thing... since... I do think you care. Just, it seems that at the present time, it seems as if there is no actual way for you to get -your- voice heard by the person that can change shit. :/]
  18. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I never once said I don't care. >__> The fact that I let this place stress me out is a sign that I do.
  19. William Well-Known Member

Lol. That's what I was going by. Haha. Maybe I misinterpreted it. But anyhow, we gotta do something. *Waves* Hi Prop.
  20. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Oh, I meant I stopped trying to stop them from doing what they wanted because both Prop and Wiki would guilt trip me and make me feel bad for having a different opinion on how I think this forum should be run.