Genetic anomalies

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Archangel Sabre, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Describe personality traits you and your siblings have that make you just think, "WTF, where on earth did I get that from?"

I'll start: both of my parents are astoundingly messy. My mom throws everything pretty much wherever it lands, my dad is a total pack rat with junk all around the house.

Despite this, me and all four of my siblings are incredibly neat and organized. I used to be pretty messy, but over the last couple years I've become almost obsessively neat. I even have a labelmaker, for christ's sake. I have no fucking idea where we get it from.
  2. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I'm intelligent. No one else in my family is. My brother is relatively so, but everyone else is ignorant as shit. It's kind of... a pain.
  3. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I don't have the hoodrat virus that's prevalent among the Black community. I have little knowledge of Ebonics, I can barely dance, I'm always on time, and my credit score doesn't suck (okay, it doesn't rock, but it's not bad!).

Ah...let's see...guess my taste in music and other entertainment is a genetic anomaly compared to my parents and siblings ('cept for my little brother). My mother could never figure out why I'll prance to The Cranberries' Linger while everyone else is doing the tootsie roll or singing "This is How We Do It". Oh, especially when my sister would feel embarrassed because one of her friends would ask "what the fuck is that shit playin' from down the hall? Chinese?" because of my J music. Well, you already know how anime, video games, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer played out >__>.

Once again, my brother and I are the only ones that enjoy reading in our family (well, besides my cousins which is why we're the Elite Four if you ask me).

I like to keep the kitchen tidy, but no one else gives a fuck, which is weird, because my parents and sister are always cleaning their room whereas...well, clutter is my best friend.
  4. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I'm not ADD/ADHD. My mother is, my father is, and my sister is, but I'm not. However, living with those that are ADD/ADHD, I developed some of the traits that they have, without actually having the disorder. I'm also quiet, in a family full of loud mouths. Oh and Anna and I are both obsessive compulsive, when neither of our parents are.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'm pretty much the male equivalent to Mai without the reading so much. I have many books but no time to read em. I have little time for anime or games any more either since I'm mostly in a daze throughout the day. Starting to get to the point that it's hard to listen to music and actually do something else. Where as my family tends to be more active and such for the most part. I'm like a black sheep in a way cept for the art skills passed from my dad to my bro and me.
  6. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I'm not lazy, when most of my family is. I actually don't want to cook in my kitchen, because it's a mess, and I don't want to have to clean the counters, the stove, the table, and the sink before I can do anything that remotely resembles cooking.
    I'm also not much of a computer whore. Yeah, I like my computer, but I can definitely live without it, and when I'm at school, I go for days without getting on the interwebz. But most of my family relies on it, and wants on it for like... five hours a day every day.
    I'm also really active, and want to be outside, and play sports, and DO SOMETHING once in a while, while most of my family wants to stay indoors all the time and sit on their asses and do nothing.
    I also like sunlight, but the rest of my family likes it best when the house is cave-like. Like right now, it's really sunny, but my room is dark because Zach likes the blinds closed at all times, no matter what. He likes it dark, and I hate it, it's depressing as shit.
  7. Nazo Moderator

I'm lazy, whereas just about my whole family has a great work ethic, with the exception of my brother.(but, he's retarded, so...) I have blonde hair... No one in my family has blonde hair. No one. My dad has black, mom's is red, brother's is black, my maw maw's was reddish brown before going gray, my grand mother's is black, my grandpaw's was brown before going gray, most of my aunts and uncles have brown, dark brown to black, red, or other darker colors. My parents, before getting divorced, used to go to clubs a lot. Dancing and shit and all that. Now my mom still goes out to the gay bar with my aunt Ronda. Basically my family members can be partier's. I could care less about partying. Just not one of my interests. Most of my family members are socially active. I am not. My family is technologically illiterate. I am decent with tech, and yet, they still think for some reason that they NEED to lock the fucking door to the room with the modem when the person that fixes the fucking net when something is wrong is none other than me. I hardly even call our ISP, I just do the shit myself unless it's something only they can do. That's about all I can think of right now.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

OOOOH, THAT REMINDS ME! Once again, with the exception of my brother no one else in my immediate family tries to "practice what they preach". Not to say that I'm without contradictions, but at least I try to keep that shit to a bare minimum. Like, for example: how can my mother say crap like "clean up behind yourselves" and "if you want the job done right you ought to do it yourself", but turn around and toss plastic cups all over the place while complaining about my lack of care for minding her chicken LIKE IT'S MY BUSINESS.

Oh, and I guess I'm the only one that has experience with interracial...anything?
  9. Venom Well-Known Member

One thing I've noticed in recent years is that my parents are increasingly pessimistic and always see the worst possible outcome in everything, whereas I'm (mostly) optimistic and try not to think too much about what could go wrong and focus on how well things will be if everything goes right.

There are other things, but I'm too lazy to think of them right now. Speaking of which, I differ from my mom in that aspect (laziness) but my dad is lazy too so...I'm not sure it counts.
  10. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I see more side than one when it comes to... just about everything, while most of my family is very close-minded. I'm also open to new things, and experiences. I also like punk rock music, and they think it's just noise. XD
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I like to use logic when it comes to arguments and I try not to be so damn emotional and idiotic about opinions unlike SOME people in my family. It gets to the point that a fight breaks out just because no one can simply agree to disagree over dumb shit.
  12. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

^ Same with me and my family. Especially when it comes to my dad.
  13. Venom Well-Known Member

I'm similar in that way, my parents usually look at things from one point of view or another, while I try to see things from every angle and think "well, this is what I think, but I can understand why x person would think that about x topic of discussion."

I'm also different for the most part in my entertainment tastes. My parents mostly watch sitcoms and stand up comedians for comedy, while I watch animated shows like Family Guy and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. My sister likes Family Guy too though. As far as music I'm different from everyone else except that I listen to some rock, and my sister does too, but she also listens to country and rap, which I can't stand. And no one in my family plays games as much as I do.
  14. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

...Ikusa-kun, my Gawd, me too! My mother is a nosy rumormonger, so she just loves soap operas and anything on the Entertainment channel, plus ghetto shows (although I do enjoy 90's hits such as Living Single and Martin, and some Madea). My father...well, can't really say we differ that much compared to mother, but he's THE reason why I watch Discovery Channel and documentaries in general, because that's all he watched when I was a kid. That, and sports and I'd rather play sports than watch them. My sister = mother, but BET and Lifetime all day, everyday.

So, once again my brother and I are the only ones that share similar tastes in TV (Family Guy, Ugly Americans, Futurama, stuff like Law and Order, them anime etc.). Though...I have to admit that I love watching Pretty Little Liars and Intervention. Music-wise...my parents like their old school like some Marvin Gaye and Tina Turner, but my mother actually likes mainstream rap which pisses me off. Actually, almost everyone is like that, though father did have a thing for country back in the day which is honestly why I hate country (well, not ALL country, of course, but mainstream, I guess. Achey-Breaky Heart fucked with me too much).

Fashion-wise...well, father dresses like Hank Hill and my mother and sister likes to keep it real with their hoodchick (though, my mother doesn't wear stuff she KNOWS is too young for her), but I'm the one that varies with an emphasis on rocker chick >__>;.
  15. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

When it comes to clothing, I stick to mostly black, though I've been adding a bit of color (funny story about that). My mom has this thing for brown shirts, which I hate. I think brown is an ugly color to wear unless it's subtle and mixed in with different colors. My brother and I like similar t.v things, but I'm the only one into anime.

Also, I'm considered pretty freaky because I'm vegan while everyone else in my family is carnivorous. And I never ever hear the end of it.