Fix these things, please.

Discussion in 'Help, Suggestions, & Complaints Archive' started by Blue-Eyes White Dragon, May 26, 2008.

1. Lanza Well-Known Member

1) The permission masks in the shoutbox archive are off. Anybody with a proxy can view its contents. I recommend restricting the archive to members and staff only. And whatever happened to viewing all of the posts in there? That shouldn't have been stopped in my opinion.

2) There should be an extention added to the use of puppets/other accounts. I'm not at fault in the rules for having the permission to use another account I didn't create (Waffles.) The extention, for instance, should be something like:

"Banned members may not use the accounts of other members, with permission or not. Those who are found on other accounts, regardless of why or how they are, may have length added to the punishment they've already received."

I really don't see how you could ban me for finding a loophole in the rules that you yourselves disregarded, but whatever. I guess I'm cool to just be back here.

3) Another rule is "Do not create a thread for the sole purpose of enticing conflict within the member base." Well, I did NOT create a thread when I baited ex-member Carlos. It was in the shoutbox, which makes another case of mine another loophole. I recommend another rule extension here.

"The same disciplinary action will be taken on those who are found baiting or flaming in the shoutbox, and the conversation will be logged for future reference and promptly deleted between both parties to ensure the other members don't view the material."

The reason I think it should be logged is so the staff actually has a case.

4) Another thing that should be fixed is the people's right to sway decisions. The staff should have the most authority on the matter, yes, but that doesn't mean that the people of the forum should be silenced. Without them, there's no need for rules or staff, because there's nobody for the staff to dictate ove-- er, I mean, to lead by example over.

5) The issue of name changes. I don't think it should matter how many each member receives, as long as it isn't going overboard. I'm sure David permitted the use of one every two months, but I think other changes should be permitted on a case-by-case basis as decided by whichever staff member is asked during the instance.

That is all.
  2. Venom Well-Known Member

...Surprisingly, you do bring up some good points. I have to agree with most of what you said, because, as you've made clear, some of the rules aren't quite specific enough.
  3. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Most of the rule issues mentioned have just been addressed.

Let me know if i'm missing anything else. Thanks
  4. Lanza Well-Known Member

A special thanks to the person who edited the rules.
  5. Yeah. Good job Lee.
    1 people like this.
  6. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I agree with Riddles, good job, Lee.
  7. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

8. Lanza Well-Known Member

It's not a big deal. Just things I expected the staff to fix but didn't.
  9. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

*Ahem*

And no thanks to the guy who implemented these changes, and attempted to also clarify a few other things which weren't mentioned? :(

Typical Wireforums
  10. Lanza Well-Known Member

Actually, I gave you dues already. Scroll up a couple of my posts.
  11. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Maybe you did, but nobody else has lol

Either way, thank you :)