Favorite Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Carlo Marx, May 9, 2011.

1. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

(This thread is meant to replace the much older thread below of the same title, please refrain from posting in it! When it is locked this message will be deleted ^__^)

What is your favorite music? favorite genres or styles? favorite musicians? Favorite songs or albums?

This is an ever changing thing with me. My favorite bands right now are Asobi Seksu, Alcest, Dead Can Dance, Cocteau Twins, and Joy Division. Just a few months ago I would have said The Beatles, Of Montreal, The Velvet Underground, Bob Dylan and in a few months it will probably be something else.

My favorite styles at the moment definitely are post rock and Post Punk. I am kinda retrotreking back into what I listened to a few years ago due to my ability to really get into music again due to having internet again, but am from here traveling in an entirely knew direction from previous and the future will hold something new.
  2. Nazo Moderator

Idk what my FAVORITE music type is really. I just listen to whatever it is I'm in the mood for. Though I'll never listen to Country and the only rap type music I listen too is the old school shit from like.. RUN DMC yeeeeah.

I'M THE KING OF ROCK
    THIS IS NONE HIGHER
    SUCKA MC'S SHOULD CALL ME SIRE
    TO BURN MY KINGDOM,
    YOU MUST USE FIRE
    I WON'T STOP ROCKIN' TILL I RETIRE
  3. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I generally don't have a favorite genre of music, considering there really isn't a genre of music that I don't like. When listening to the radio, I normally listen to a top 40 radio station, but does that mean pop is my favorite genre? No. It just means that I'm more into listening to what's popular now, because it's easy to listen to and I don't have to constantly wait through four or five songs to actually hear one that I like (because that's what most rock stations I listen to do) and I have yet to find a classic rock station. I can say that right now, I'm really getting into Kpop music artists. I didn't really listen to them much, other than the band DBSK, but I feel I missed out by only listening to Jpop and Jrock.

As for favorite bands, my list is an ever growing list as I just keep finding new bands (though they might be old to some) and also re-listening to bands that I've kind of forgotten about, though I at one point obsessed over them. Fun., New Order, Joy Division, Nirvana, 30 Seconds to Mars, DBSK, SHINee, MBLAQ, 2ne1, SNSD/Girl's Generation, Wonder Girls, 2PM, Queen, Asobi Seksu, Fleetwood Mac, Panic! At the Disco, and a few others. I'm also really into Glee (don't judge kthx) and I pretty much love every single cover they've done (usually liking the cover better than the original) and so I've been listening to a lot of the songs they've done, as well.
  4. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Anything really. I'm on a lot of hip-hop/rap right now.
  5. Venom Well-Known Member

As far as genre I prefer heavy metal, and some of it's subgenres. I'm trying to expand outside of metal somewhat but it's hard to find anything that really..."clicks" with me right now. I'm just not sure what I'm looking for.

My favorites are subject to change, but some of the constants are Iron Maiden, Dark Tranquillity, Megadeth, Metal Church, and Astral Doors.