E3 2011

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nazo, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Nazo Moderator

Any of you guys watch it? I only got word of how epic November is going to be for the 360.

11/??/11: Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
    11/8/11: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
    11/11/11: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
    11/15/11: Halo: Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary.
    11/18/11: Need for Speed: The Run.

Can't wait!
  2. Cletus Well-Known Member

I watched them all, and I didn't really care about any of them. Microsoft was pretty much just a recap of shit we already knew about, Sony at least announced some new stuff but I don't even have a PS3 so it's irrelevant to me, Nintendo's conference had a very noticeable lack of Advance Wars 5.

eh
  3. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

...I'm not surprised by there being no news on a new Advance Wars >__>;. Ah, but I haven't really watched too many videos, but definitely read a lot of the news. I'm a wittle bit excited, because we're getting King of Fighters, Persona 2: Innocent Sin (OHMYFUCKINGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGOD), and Devil Survivor 2. Though, E3 doesn't get my mojo flowing like it used to, y'know? Anyway, that fucking Wii U bothers me. IT REALLY BOTHERS ME, WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THIS, A FUCKING TABLET FOR TODDLERS AS A CONTROLLER WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GOOD OLD FASHION GAMEPLAY AND FOCUSING ON CLASSICS WITH STRONG THIRD-PARTY SUPPORT!?

I'll ramble on about the other stuff later >__>;.
  4. Cletus Well-Known Member

Neither am I, but I was hoping against hope that we'd get some news.
  5. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Well, you know, I've read somewhere that Nintendo is threatening to do away with Zelda and Starfox (like, in general, so no sequels no development no anything) if the next sequels aren't absolutely 100 percent perfection, so if that's true...did you think that Nintendo said fuck you to Advance Wars and bitch slapped my Sonja and the others back into the storage closet?

Also, Ninja Gaiden 3 for the Wii U (which is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid to say aloud like with Vita/Buitah) does not make sense to me and it angers me.
  6. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

...You are uber lame, but lolz just because <__<. So, like, Luigi Mansion 2 is SUCH A WASTE OF RESOURCES WHY WON'T NINTENDO DO AN EARTHBOUND 1, 2, AND 3 EDITION? Oh, but that Kinect Rise of Nightmares is kind of interesting to me.
  8. Nazo Moderator

I hate M$ just as much as the next person, but some of the best games of this gen are on the 360, IMO. :\
  9. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

th Xbox 360 is the only practical gaming system besides the PC. Gaming today revolves around online play, and the Playstation networks are shit, and have been shit long before anyone dreamed of hacking them. With fewer titles remaining exclusive it comes down to practicality and convenience. And dont get me wrong, I own a 360 and there are a million things I hate about it. The unwarranted limitations, especially the fact that I have more freedom on my MP3 player than I do on my 400 dollar gaming system. Having to pay for Hulu(srsly?) But still I prefer it to the PS3 and without a doubt prefer it to the Nintendo pee just because it is better for gaming.

Back to E3.
    Glad to see some actual serious titles comming out for Kinect. I only watched part of the MS conference so I have a lot to catch up on.

How about Minecraft? Any thoughts of how well it will be executed through Kinect? I am optimistic(Though when it comes to these damn conferences everything seems to be a major let down)
  10. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Honestly, I'm still wondering how Minecraft will work through Kinect. Fuck, will Mass Effect 3 actually be the bomb with the Kinect? It's kind of amazing how anti-Xbox I was back in the day, but totally went full-blown 360 Rules nowadays >__>
  11. Nazo Moderator

I never played Minecraft, and I'm never buying a kinect.
  12. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm totally not buying the Kinect or the Move, because fuck that waste of money bullshit. Sure, maybe if I was 9, but goddammit, I am classy and have no need for such doohickeymabobs that will just sit on my TV staring at me like this
    1307723310234.jpg
    every time I walk past it with my nose in the air and a copy of Catherine in one hand and that goddamn uber adorable Batman controller in the other.
  13. Venom Well-Known Member

So, Wii U...WTF.

The controller is RIDICULOUS.

The name is BLOODY GODDAMN RIDICULOUS.

But it's Nintendo. The last time Nintendo completely failed me was...never. So I don't know what to think here. They have confirmed Smash Bros. for it too, so now I absolutely have to have one no matter what. But I just can't imagine walking into Gamestop or wherever and going "Do you have any Wii U's?" because every time I think of the name I just want to go "wiiiiii-uuuuuu wiiiiiiii-uuuuuuu wiiiiiii-uuuuu" like a siren. I mean, seriously, they should have gone the Sony route and named it Wii 2, or Wii Too, so then the marketing phrase would be like "Wii can play Too/2" implying the console really is for everyone. Wii U sounds like a university for plumbers, which is probably where Mario graduated from. I also can't help that, when I see a picture of a pair of hands holding the controller, I imagine the face of the person has a look of "WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN." It also begs the question, if the Wii U is as powerful as the PS3/360 (or slightly better) then when the new PS and Xbox consoles are out, is Nintendo going to be a generation behind again? I just don't know what they were thinking, but...again, they have yet to truly disappoint me, so I guess I'll wait and see.

Now that I'm done ranting about that I will say that the trailers and whatnot for games that have already been announced were cool, and I'm glad some things have been getting solid release dates (like LOTR: War in the North) but so far I haven't seen anything that absolutely "wowed" me or surprised me as far as new game announcements, other than maybe the new Sly Cooper. It seems companies now are using E3 as a way to show off stuff they've already teased us about rather than make any new or unexpected moves...kinda makes the show less exciting in a way.
  14. Cletus Well-Known Member

Well, Nintendo doesn't actually develop Advance Wars, so I don't think it's really in their power. Most people liked Days of Ruin anyway. Some people (including me) were mad that it abandoned the colorful atmosphere and interesting characters of the previous games, but it did wonders for the balancing of the games. The mechanics were so much smoother in DoR, and many of the broken units were removed, CO Powers were reworked, even the UI was improved. I would hope that all that positive press would serve to keep it going, but who knows? Maybe we'll see something at the TGS or next years E3.

Adder > Sonja & everyone else. Though they changed the way he looked in Dual Strike and it took a few cool points from him.
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

u__u She may not be perfect, but she will always be my FAVORITE! Ah, at least there's still a chance for something good to happen next year, because I wasn't expecting Atlus to port Persona 2: Innocent Sin AND bring it to the States the same year, so miracles aren't exactly beyond reach!
  16. Cletus Well-Known Member

Actually, Sonja is so good in FoW that she is considered broken. She also has that trait that hides the HP of her units from enemies which is extremely useful, especially in games with more players where there is more time during turn rotation for you to forget how much damage you did to any of her units. Adder, on the other hand, is considered really bad. His units have a bland day-to-day, and his CO power simply boosts movement by one. I think it's amazing, all the same. It is a good power that I think is underestimated.

@Venom: I'm not looking forward to the new SSB at all, honestly. I do love playing the games, but I felt that Brawl was too dumbed down, it was reworked for the "casual gamers" and I lost interest in it really quickly. If Sakurai were to step down from the helm I'd probably get the game if I were to ever own a Wii U, but I don't think I will so it's irrelevant.
  17. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Was Brawl reworked to suit them Casuals, because that would explain why Brawl isn't THE SSB to own out of SSB and Melee to me. Sure, it was still a blast, but Captain Falcon just didn't feel right among other things. It was still a good game, though...just...a tad off once I've played it long enough. Blargh, I just cannot get over that fucking touchscreen controller! IT'S TOO BIG AND I'M NOT ONE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT HEFT AND GIRTH, BUT IT MAKES THE XBOX CONTROLLER LOOK LIKE TEA TIME.
  18. Venom Well-Known Member

I never really noticed anything particularly "wrong" with Brawl, but then again I was probably blinded by fanboyness (and the fact that I FINALLY had the game after it had been delayed a billion times) so I may have just been willing to overlook any differences. That, and Subspace Emissary was fucking boss compared to the adventure mode from Melee.
  19. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

That has nothing to do with it lol. That gif was made after the E3 show. It's basically saying MS had a pretty crappy event...which it did. Non-stop Kinect games. It was lame.
  20. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Now, Subspace Emissary was KICK-ASS. and I'm not surprised by all the Kinect shit -__-;.