Do you believe in Reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Train of Thought' started by Rainbow Deluxe, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

This goes along with my death thread, but do you guys believe in reincarnation?

I do, to a point. I don't believe in the whole "you're reincarnated depending on your past life" idea, mainly because I don't exactly see how a human in one life could become, say a tree in the next life.

I believe we're allowed to choose our reincarnated selves, but not to the point where we get to choose our minds either. Mainly because psychics and whatnot can tell you what you were in a past life (queen, lowly merchant, slave, middle-class peasant, etc.), but you don't ever remember what your past life was nor do you remember anyone from a past life.

This also incorporates my whole idea on how "I only believe in fate when it comes to the people we meet" because I believe everyone we meet is fated, because I believe we knew them in some way in a past life, and we just have to find them again in the next one. Take, for example, true love. For the longest time, I believed in it because when you're a little girl, you want to believe in a happy ending and finding your true love because that's what happened with all the Disney princesses and whatnot. Well, this planet has over 6 billion people on it. Having you be able to find your true love on only one continent doesn't fit, at all. But with my theory of reincarnation, you're able to find that same person you were with from a past life.

This probably doesn't make ANY sense, but oh well. >_>;

So, your theory?
  2. Venom Well-Known Member

I dunno. All I can really say is reincarnation is preferable to eternity in heaven/hell or total nothingness. Doesn't mean I actually think it'll happen though.
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

It'd be nice to be reborn in Japan in the future with mechs.
  4. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I don't believe in reincarnation at all. Just don't see by what process it could come about. Even if reincarnation did exist, I'd say it's functionally irrelevant since there's no way to get back memories of your past lives.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

Pretty much my same opinion. If it happens cool if it doesn't I didn't do anything important in the grand scheme of things anyhow. Seems like all life is irrelevant when reincarnation is put into the picture.
  6. Nazo Moderator

Life is irrelevant. There isn't a point to it, it just exist.
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I'm a fan of reincarnation (especially in stories >_>). Anyway, I believe that it's possible to reincarnate, but I sort of have this lame idea that you only reincarnate when you're incapable of going anywhere else when you die (Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, The Sea of Unconsciousness, blah blah blah) for reasons such as failing to undo a fatal "flaw" that screwed you over in your past life. I know, I know, it's ridiculous, but that's just what I think!

You know, since I'm on this topic...I was told that I must've been a southern belle during my last life. It's because of my odd speech mannerisms that are a bit too southern >_>.