Do 3D Movies make you sick?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PropMaster, Apr 25, 2011.

1. PropMaster Smurfly

So I have a nice 60" 3D TV. Got it a few months ago and have to admit I havent been able to watch an entire movie. Started watching AVATAR 3D but after about 1 hour of the movie, my head started hurting. Does this happen to you?

BTW,

I own like 30 3D Movies and havent watched one since the bad Avatar experience.
  2. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Only seen 3D movies in the theater, but (thankfully) they don't pain my eyes to much there. After a few hours of Avatar my eyes felt kind of strained, but other than that I felt fine. I've played the 3DS with no problems too. I love depth perception. <3
  3. Nazo Moderator

I'm not a big fan of it. It doesn't hurt my eyes or make me feel sick.. I just really don't like the 3D thing every movie is trying to do nowadays. And games, too. Just hurry up with VR Gaming. And stop with the nuuby 3D depth perception crap.
  4. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

I have yet to see what modern 3d has to offer, but I really dug the 3d simulator rides at the theme parks. If it is pretty much the same thing, I can not imagine it adding to the quality of a film. Any movie that I can imagine being made better in 3D does not seem like the kinda movie I am really into. Films that I dig, 3D would just be a distraction.

However, like I said before I have not really used modern 3D and have not seen any 3D used on a serious movie. My opinion is just theoretical, a hypothetical deduction based on the hypothetical viewing of a hypothetical film.
  5. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm not a fan of 3D since after a while I start to feel motion sick or something similar >__>. Though, the last 3D movie I saw was Final Destination 4 (OH GOD IT WAS BAD) and blergh. Honestly, I don't fully understand why 3D is so popular these days outside of Avatar's success (which is a movie I don't really get popularity-wise, too).
  6. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

The only movie that I've seen in 3D outside of animated films is Avatar, and I have to say, with or without 3D glasses, that movie is pretty amazing. But generally I'm not a fan of 3D, unless it's for an animated film, like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Up, Monsters vs. Aliens, etc. I think it plays into the part that the movies they make that come out in 3D are first filmed, and then put through the 3D process at the last minute, which is why I think Avatar did so well, because it was completely shot in 3D from the beginning.