DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rainbow Deluxe, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

This game recently became play4free, and my friends and I have all downloaded it and have been playing it for the past couple of days (well, not me, I only just started playing yesterday because it took all of the day before for the game to download.) So I thought I'd make this thread for anyone else who's heard about the game or is playing it, and well, let's talk about it! I'm pretty into the game. The character that I have can fly, has fire as her power, and uses a staff. Now, I know a lot of people would think "Why is a flying character using a staff? Shouldn't she have a bow or hand blaster?" But actually, my character is pretty beast with the staff! She flies down and just starts knocking bitches out of the way. I love her. ;-; Currently at level 9 now, and I don't think we'll be stopping anytime soon. Oh, and here's a screenshot of my character!

http://i.imgur.com/bm3SN.jpg
  2. Venom Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to check it out since it went free, but I haven't yet. Maybe I'll go start downloading it right now...yeah, that seems like a good idea. *does that*
  3. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Well, the game itself isn't actually playable much as of late. It's been down pretty much all of today, and most of yesterday, with a few hours here and there with it being available to play. BUT OF COURSE THIS IS ONLY FOR THE PC VERSION AND ONLY IN THE US. Awesome, huh? Hemel wants to play in the Europe server, but I just got my character to level 9. I wanna level her a bit more before I make a second character.
  4. Venom Well-Known Member

Well, I started downloading it like, an hour and half ago and it's only at 9%, so I ain't gonna be playing it anytime soon anyway. :\
  5. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Well, hopefully it'll be up when you finish the download!
  6. Venom Well-Known Member

Yup. That, and I hope my computer can even run it. It seems to be inconsistent on what it wants to run properly, I'm not sure if it's my video card or my memory (or both), but something isn't quite up to snuff for some games. It'll probably be ok though.
  7. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

If my laptop can run it, almost anything in the world can, imo. Though this laptop isn't exactly crappy, there isn't really a video card other than Intel Graphics chip, and yeah. It sucks. ;-; Can't wait for my new laptop.
  8. Venom Well-Known Member

Good to know then, since I think mine just has the Intel chip. I'm just always worried that any game that isn't at least a few years old may not work worth a damn.
  9. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I'm always terrified that a game won't run, especially a game that my friends are all raving about and want me to play, because if I can't, then I miss out on bonding with them, and then I'll be bored whenever I'm online because they'll always be playing that game. This hasn't happened to me yet, but it's happened to a couple of our friends that couldn't play a game that everyone was playing, and they were left out. Not on purpose or to be mean, but just because we were all so into the game.
  10. Venom Well-Known Member

Here's my character:

[IMG]

Captain Flakes. His power is ice for no particular reason, and he fights with hand blasts. He was kind of made as a placeholder because I had a cool character but decided it would look weird to see that character flying, so I made one that would look ok soaring about just to get a feel for the game. But at this point I don't think I'm going to get rid of him.

And since it's kinda hard to tell, he has the tiger skin. Hence his name.
  11. Venom Well-Known Member

Just made a villain yesterday:

[IMG]

His name is Woolph Starr. Wanted it to be obvious he was inspired by Star Wolf but not TOO obvious. He attacks with dual pistols and uses gadgets for his power. And Joker is his mentor. He didn't look like that initially, that's just after I equipped him with some stuff. I didn't really want him to have a cape, but since it boosts his stats, it's hard to say no to one.
  12. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Well, your graphics definitely look better than mine! I haven't actually played in a while, but I'm lvl 9 on both my villain and my hero. We've actually started playing on the Europe servers, as I mentioned, and they actually work out pretty well. I'm also pretty psyched because my friend Edwin gave me the code he won from a subway cup that gives the winner legendary status for a whole month. But even then, when the legendary goes out, I'll still be in premium, which means I get six character slots, and more importantly, still have access to the light pack!
  13. PKT Forever /a/lone

Can you make marvel look-a-likes in that game?
  14. Venom Well-Known Member

Most of the stuff I remember seeing when making my characters was too generic to get really close to making a wannabe of an actual superhero, but I'm sure you could make some of them if you tried. Can't think of any off the top of my head, except maybe The Punisher since he's pretty easy. Black shirt and pants with a skull, white utility belt, and white boots...boom, done. Then again once you start equipping your character with armor it changes how they appear (at least to you, I'm not sure it changes how you appear to other players...I assume it does) so it may not even be worth the trouble.
  15. PKT Forever /a/lone

For some odd reason this makes me want to play second life again though I don't know my password anymore so that's a no go. How fast can you fly and do you start off with that ability?
  16. Venom Well-Known Member

You can fly pretty quickly, but it's up to you whether your character flies or not. You can choose flying, acrobatics (ability to climb buildings and such) or super speed as your "fast movement" type.
  17. PKT Forever /a/lone

I'd go with super speed...Any types that are not human shaped...maybe more hedgehog like...if you get what I'm saying...or maybe like a certain blue robot
  18. Venom Well-Known Member

lol...as cool as it would be, you can't make anything that looks like Sonic or Metal Sonic. There are some animal type skins (as you can see by my characters) but they still have a human-esque appearance.