Clean it up!

Discussion in 'Help, Suggestions, & Complaints Archive' started by Elle Lawliet, May 9, 2008.

1. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

A lot of the gaming genres can just have their threads moved to the appropriate forums because their own ones kind of are...dead. And series specific too, all kind of lacking.

Just my two cents.
  2. Socks Mahoney きげん 痴熊 - Kigen Sakuma (Humorous Pedobear)

Yeah, the gaming forums should focus more on systems or genres instead of series's. It just seems really poorly put together, like stuff was just thrown onto it by request.

Also, I suggest we have a forum dedicated to alcohol that's not a stupid apartment forum.

Also also, I don't see why the post count is turned off in the Black Hole. Not only is it the most populated forum, but it seems like the posts in there are just as relevant, if not more relevant, then posts in other forums. Sure, it's in an intended spam forum, but they're still posts all the same.
  3. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

I suggest that a lot of old threads be pruned as well, that way we can open up discussion on topics already made, but that faded to the whims of time.
  4. Socks Mahoney きげん 痴熊 - Kigen Sakuma (Humorous Pedobear)

People have been posting in old threads, though. I actually find it kind of annoying.
  5. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

I've been doing it and it annoys me to do it, because I can't make a fresh thread t_t
  6. Socks Mahoney きげん 痴熊 - Kigen Sakuma (Humorous Pedobear)

You don't need to. In fact, I think newbs making threads in kinda stupid. They should get a feel for posting on this new forum before making new threads. Or maybe I'm just weird about board behavior.
  7. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

The reason we have all the different section is so we show up more on search engines. This is like the fifth request to narrow it down, it wont happen.

It wont be turned on because people think it will lead to huge spam fests to increase post counts.

Elle has been around longer then anyone currently posting.
  8. Socks Mahoney きげん 痴熊 - Kigen Sakuma (Humorous Pedobear)

That's stupid. Who cares that much about a post count?
  9. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Apparently you if you want it turned on.
  10. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Oh, well, see if I knew it was like that what with the search engine and all I wouldn't have said anything t_t
  11. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Its alright, Ive made a thread just like this not long ago.
  12. Socks Mahoney きげん 痴熊 - Kigen Sakuma (Humorous Pedobear)

Not really. I just don't see a reason why it's turned off. If people were going to do that, then why not just do it in another forum?
  13. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

If you really didnt care, you would not have brought it up. There are shit loads of reasons why it is turned off, mainly because it lack rules and people can double and triple and even quintuple post.
  14. Darth Arkas RC-1138

Which, BTW, they do, thanks.
  15. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

I have long been against pruning, but I do want many of the threads moved back into an archive...like how we were keeping older threads before.
  16. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I agree with this. We gave the search spiders about 5 months to do their thing, and we've yet to receive a single member (I can think of) referred here by any of the major search engines. Now it just makes the forums look disorganized.

90% of the content in the Black Hole is completely irrelevant. We keep the post count off there to discourage endless, mindless spam. Or so the theory goes.

Not as if post count matters anyhow.
  17. The Bill tf2 is a good game

What?

Who was Elle?
  18. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Elle = Sean Fury. Elle is also Sei-chan which also = Mine.

However, Rinoa =/= Ultimecia even though Rinoa is an annoying bitch of a chick.
  19. The Bill tf2 is a good game

ooooohhh

I had a feeling it was him.

lol sup /s/ean /f/ury, I used to be Kit
  20. Darth Arkas RC-1138

You still are, you British team killing fucktard/teabagger.

*has had bad exp w/ this jerk punching me in the back of the head and then proceeding to teabag my respawning Elite. Halo 3 co-op is a bitch*