Catholic Church vs. Presbyterian Church

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by Rainbow Deluxe, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

These two churches are located across the street from one another.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I would gladly be proud to say that I attend either of these churches, if I went to church.
  2. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Holy. Shit. I knew there was such a thing as church rivalry, but this is beyond ridiculous >__>. Not only that, I refuse to believe that dogs can't go to heaven and are incapable of having souls, so if I was seriously serious about sticking to religion (or rather, Christianity or something like it) I'd have to side with the Caths.

Then again, I'll break my neck to feed a dog, but those cleft lip baby commercials just...cannot register a blip on my sympa-meter.
  3. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Mai, I know how you feel. I could honestly care less about giving 75ยข a day to help take care of some child in Africa who probably doesn't even know what money is. But yet, I start tearing up at the Sarah Maclachan commercial with all the sick and starving animals, and ready to start making up excuses as to why I've brought home five cats and three dogs.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Giiiiiirl, I fucking know. I can't even watch those commercials and I race to the remote in order to switch the channel the moment I start to hear sad yodeling >__>. Also, if 75 cents is enough to feed, educate, and provide health care for little Mufasa, than fucking sign me up! That's WAY cheaper than my current insurance plan.
  5. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I seriously just cracked up laughing after reading that! And for real. Like, why isn't my insurance that cheap!?
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Because we live in Corporate America or whatever excuse my uncles like to come up with for their bullshitting ways <__<.
  7. Venom Well-Known Member

I'm the same as you two in that I care more about animals than people. Like, recently there was an article in my local paper about this dog that bit some old broad, and the animal control officer killed it with a fucking shotgun. If that wasn't bad enough, the article went on to mention the dog attacked the woman when she tried to scare it off. Uh, hello, dogs attack things that they think are threats? THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN BLOW IT'S FUCKING CHEST IN. The vast majority of people who get attacked fail to mention what they were doing before the dog attacked, but it's rarely "strolling along minding my own business." Fucking idiots.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Yeah, that really gets me! Most of the time the dog is either minding its own business or presents zero danger whatsoever. I remember I got into a serious conflict with a comrade's friend, because he was over at my house and was doing things to tick Kan-chan off (like, taking away his toys and playing keep away with the treats even though I told him to cut it out) and since the little bastard isn't a friendly shih-tzu he inevitably growled and snapped at him. The guy actually smacked him which led me to smack him and let's just say I never saw him again. Hell, I think my comrade was only friends with him for the free loot, being a spoiled kid and all, so that friendship didn't last long. People that aren't considerate of animals tend to be jerks from what I've noticed >__>.
  9. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I've had a horrible issue with the next door neighbors at my mom's house. You see, we've always had at least one cat who loves to hunt and kill any small animals. Voles, moles, mice, rabbits, birds, etc. Well, my cat Sky (the one that leeched onto our neighbors down the street) killed one of the birds that the people who live on the right of us had as a pet. Here's the kicker: they didn't want to take care of the bird anymore, so they were "setting it free" into the wild. Yet, when the cat who is a natural born predator kills the bird (that was let into the wild), the neighbors called animal control on us and Sky was taken to the pound for the day until Mommy came home from Wayne's and then went to "adopt" her back into our house. SHE'S A CAT. SHE'S GONNA HUNT BIRDS, ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT ARE WILD. WHY WOULD YOU CALL ANIMAL CONTROL ON A CAT WHO IS SUPPOSED TO HUNT BIRDS!? -i sigh-
  10. Venom Well-Known Member

Damn, that's stupid. People like to pretend they care about animals when they don't know shit about them. And it's especially stupid to let a pet free and then bitch when something happens to it. If they didn't want it anymore, why should it matter if it's dead? Seriously...my mom's dogs are hunters too, so they can't both be let out of the fence at the same time because they'll go kill a rabbit or squirrel and drag it back to the porch, but they'd never hurt a person. Some people just don't understand what instinct is.
  11. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

The church thing made me laugh. It was awesome. And it's so stupid to say "dogs don't have souls." Why the fuck not? Some dogs are more affectionate and loyal than humans, so don't tell me they don't have souls. I believe that every living thing has a soul, and so I respect every living thing and it's right to continue living.
  12. Venom Well-Known Member

Except cats. Cats don't have souls. Because they're evil.
  13. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

The initials for cat spelled backwards stands for The Anti Christ, you know!
  14. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

But.... I love cats. ;A;
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

>_> I do, too, but we all know that if you're hanging from a cliff guess who's not going to search for help if Lassie and Mr. Skittles are your only options.
  16. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

If I still had my cat, Murphey, I'd trust him. He was quite the amazing cat, he was.
  17. Venom Well-Known Member

Eh, I've had some good cats, just not nearly as many good cats as dogs. I just like to make fun of them.

But let's not forget cats spawned the lolcat meme. That should be proof of evil right there.
  18. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I've never been able to have a dog, my mom and brother are terrified of them. T_____________T
  19. Venom Well-Known Member

I've never really understood people who have a fear of dogs. I mean, sure, I'd be afraid of a big dog who was looking to attack me, but a dog that's just sitting there minding it's own business...nothing to be scared of there. I guess maybe it's the fear of what could go wrong when you own a dog rather than the dog itself, but I dunno. I suppose if you can't have a dog cats are a suitable replacement. Because anything other than a cat or dog is a pretty stupid pet. I mean, really...I dunno why anyone would want rodents as pets, or birds, or *shudders* snakes...it's pointless.
  20. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I mean, I can try to understand the fear and all, but I'll never truly get it. Though, rottweilers always make me slightly nervous <__<. Oh, but back in the day I had hamsters, gerbils, rabbits, and guinea pigs. They are GREAT for teaching kids life lessons and responsibility, though I had to keep them over at my father's since my mother was like "fuck you, Dr Dolittle" about the idea.

Now, I don't get it when it comes to keeping reptiles and amphibians, because...it just doesn't seem like fun and those fuckers are too creepy to keep in your room.