Career Goals

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by Pie, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I didn't see this before, so I'm sorry! Umm, well, I've always wanted to be a teacher, ever since I was little. In fact, I've gone through many job choices in the past. I first wanted to be an editor like my mother, but then I met the most amazing teacher in fourth grade, Mrs. Ballasone, and I wanted to be like her when I was older, so being a teacher stuck with me. Through out middle school and high school, I flip-flopped with my career goals, going back and forth between prosecuting attorney, politician, and then president of the United States. However, it wasn't until junior year of high school that I finally decided that my talents lied in teaching. Not only teaching, but in teaching history. Everyone always complains about how boring history is, but every history teacher I've ever had has always made the class fun. In fact, my sophomore and junior years, my favorite classes were World History and U.S. History, because my teachers made them fun. Plus, becoming a teacher means that I can move towards my goal of making a difference in someone else's life. Granted, I'll make a difference in tons of people's lives, but I want to. Besides, I pretty much taught my Algebra 2 class. >__> I got a 98.5 average, and I was always having after school study groups. I managed to bring up most of the people who were failing's grades, and that's an amazing feeling, to know that I was helping them pass, helping them to learn.