Bans

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Legend Saber, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

This will be a thread for keeping track of all important bans made by the staff. Any staff member capable of banning may update this thread at any time.

Current bans:

User: Imaginary Friend
    Reason: Bashing comments in this thread. Then, after receiving a three day ban for original comments, using a puppet account to bash again.
    Duration: 7 days. Ban will be lifted 05-04-2008, ~01:00 PM

User: DEATHMASTER 6000
    Reason: Puppet account used by Mic.
    Duration: Permanent.
  2. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

I didn't know that was his puppet account.
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

It's one he created during my little mini-bandwagon.

You can check the e-mail he used if you like.
  4. Lithium <font color="hotpink">Writing On The Walls and Fir

Shouldn't the puppet account be fully banned and was it not you who told me that making these public record was a bad idea? 'cause now I'm confused. I'd like some clearification please...
  5. I think this is a good idea actually. Better then rumors and threads on why someone might/is banned. It is just a straight up information thing.
  6. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Tell me where it says that puppet accounts are against the rules.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I made this because of the backlash that occurred after we banned Wiki without an announcement.
  7. Exactly. =D glad you';re on top of things.
  8. The Liztress Poison Pink

I'm torn between letting people know why someone's banned and the privacy that should be there. For one, I think it should be obvious when one is banned. Their actions are normally the cause for it. But yeah, you can't control rumors.
  9. We would have all known by tomorrow anyway.
  10. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Which is why I felt something like this needed to be made.

I wanted to avoid a repeat of the confusion that followed the Wiki situation. Most places don't necessarily need a thread like this, but we're rather close knit, so people notice when someone goes missing.
  11. Yeah. All 7 of us. >.>
    1 people like this.
  12. The Liztress Poison Pink

I won't lie. I wouldn't notice. But then again, I understand that you wanted to avoid another incident like when Wiki was banned. And I'm going to be a good girl and keep my thoughts about the whole deal to myself.
  13. Lithium <font color="hotpink">Writing On The Walls and Fir

What has the 'whos been banned' thread or w/e I made that you forced into the staff section sticky been deleted already david?

Edit:puppet accounts used to be banned on the spot, Iwas just going from memory on that one. Its not a written rule, just somethign that always happened[/color]
  14. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

You got the wrong guy. Travis moved it initially and then Grave concurred with the decision.

That's odd, though. I think the members here deserve to be informed, especially after what happened with Wiki.

I remember Grave wanted something done about it for a while, but no one was ever actually banned for having one.

The only people that have ever been punished for puppet accounts are people that were using them to bypass a previous ban. Like in Mic's case.
  15. The Liztress Poison Pink

Well, in that case shouldn't the deathmaster name be a permanent ban? I would think so.
  16. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Mic's ban is only for a week, so I felt a week for his puppet account would be sufficient.

It probably would matter either way, though.
  17. The Liztress Poison Pink

But he used it to bypass his original ban. That alone would, in my opinion, warrant the puppet account to be banned for good. But hey, your decision. I'll go along with it.
  18. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Lol, that actually makes sense. XD

I should probably ban the puppet account permanently then.
  19. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I personally like the idea of this thread. Whether whose idea it was in the first place shouldn't matter, considering at least now the members (yes, all seven of us >>) will be informed on what happened with whomever gets banned. This way, we don't have to wait for rumors or for an admin to talk to us about it, if they even would.
  20. Nazo Moderator

I don't know why people try to keep "personal" internet problems be private... It's the internet, we find out anyway eventually.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.