Discussion in 'Help, Suggestions and Complaints' started by Poetic Sobriquet, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

It seems that the WirePro skin has a problem with avatars if they're over a certain size and I was wondering if this is going to be fixed or should I get a new avatar? I'd hate to get a new avatar and this be fixed later so are there plans to solve this problem? If you don't know what I'm talking about here's an image.

[IMG]
  2. Kyuuketsuki C-c-c-c-combo breaker!

That is pretty bad. I just tested it out and it displays just like yours. At first I thought it would have been a resolution problem, but it isn't.

som1 halp
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

We'll definitely be sure to look into that. Travis and Stan are our main skin-people, so they'll have to check it when they can.
  4. PropMaster Smurfly

WirePro is designed for a standard Avatar size. We are certainly going above and beyond the standard. Is this something we need to addres? It is a lot of work to recode the skin.
  5. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Unless we change the code, we're probably going to have to set a far lower avatar limit. Perhaps something like 100 x 100. Which isn't so bad, considering we are indeed going above and beyond what most forums allow in that regard. As it stands, the majority of avatars are going to be majorly cut off like Mic's is.
  6. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

It's not a huge deal. I mean, you can resize your avatar in MSPaint if it's too big and you really like it. I would just do that.
  7. PropMaster Smurfly

Avatars are mostly 100x100.. Do we realy need to go beyond this?
  8. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

*Shrug.* It's pretty small compared to how large we could go before. 100x100 is just measly after having so size freedom as before. I'm willing to change but it's not a compromise I'm at all really pleased with. Oh well, not like I post here much anymore anyways.
  9. PropMaster Smurfly

Check out new skin, wirelightblue.. Should this be the default?

:)
  10. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

Oh my this is very good. I prefer this one much over the others and not just because of the avatar thing. It looks much more sleek and defined and the main page doesn't look so crowded or wide.
  11. Socks Mahoney きげん 痴熊 - Kigen Sakuma (Humorous Pedobear)

I wonder how my giant avi looks? Hell, I don't even know if I still have it.

EDIT: oh, that is just bullshit.