12 "Dead Technology" advertisements

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Legend Saber, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

12 "Dead Technology" Advertisements

Really interesting way to see the past. It's got some old advertisements for betamax, dial-up Internet, VHS, laserdisc, even one for HD-DVD. I always find it fascinating to see old advertisements like this, especially of the electronic variety. It reminds me of just how much the world has changed over such a short period of time.
  2. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

>_> Dude, this took me waaaaaay back. I remember my first cassette player and how annoying it was to rewind the loose strips with a pencil T__T;.
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

I remember a few of those and I'm sort of a collector of things of that sort. When I feel like it I'll break them open for the parts.
  4. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

^ I don't do it for parts, but I always find it interesting how the insides of old technology looks. I broke open an old calculator once (by that I mean really old, from 1973, when there was still a distinction between desktop calculators and pocket calculators) and was amazed by all the different innards lying inside. There was a line of, perhaps, 100 transistors underneath. Made me sort of realize just what kind of work went into making calculators work back then.

Really interesting to look at, though.
  5. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I liked this article. It was cool to recognize some of them (I remember the commercials for HD-DVDs), which shows that even though I was born in 88, I was still around long enough to remember things like pagers and the Projection Box Television (my grandparents still have one, though it's never used).
  6. PKT Forever /a/lone

I have a few printers from the 80's which have some really neat techno candy inside.